Never Summer's...what's the story?? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
 
CK93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Isnt Lib's logo a pentagram with a goat-headed satan? LOL
Pretty sure its a banana! haha
CK93 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Brands get hyped because they're the shit, that's the bottom line so get fucking use to it. NS has their shit together and they're getting hyped for a reason. You think they're hyped now? Wait until next years boards hit the market. Their tech is getting insane.



It's funny you say that because Union went through the same thing you're seeing with Never Summer now (I agree the skate banana rides like a $10 whore). I got on Unions 6 years ago and hyped the shit out of them because I fucking love them. Within 2 years BA and Nivek make it their personal fucking Jihad to take the brand down. NS better be ready for the same shit.

In my experience with NS so far...fucking legit.
Lol yea you and I used to debate Unions in those Flow threads. Ah the good oL days.

Anyway, I'm not hardcore on the Union or Skate Banana hate. I gave my opinion and that was that.

Critiques are useful. It's this anti-anything popular attitude that is weird.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #23 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
 
CK93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Isnt Mervin's logo a pentagram with a goat-headed satan? LOL
What does that have to do with the way a company treats it customers?
CK93 is offline  
post #24 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 AM
-Weekend Warrior-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Murder Mitten
Posts: 2,567
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK93 View Post
What does that have to do with the way a company treats it customers?
Because you listed one of the reasons you didn't go with NS was the dude with the anti-religious shirt...

'12 NS Legacy 163

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Days on snow 2015/2016 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 16
  • Boyne Mountain: 2
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Nubs Nob: 1
  • Lake Louise: 3
sabatoa is offline  
post #25 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
e.

There is news coming shortly that will no doubt cause some butt hurt among some and excite others. To that end, all I can say is to stay tuned for an announcement around the 8'th of February.
Any hints on the news??? Thanks!
double is offline  
post #26 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Senior Member
 
CK93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Because you listed one of the reasons you didn't go with NS was the dude with the anti-religious shirt...
Read what I wrote. When you are representing your company, I feel that was inappropriate. If I saw the NS rep at a bar one night wearing the same shirt, I wouldn't think twice about. But when you are doing your job representing your company, everything you do, say and wear is a direct reflection on the company. What you do on your own time is up to you.

If I was in the Army, on the job while working wearing a shirt like that, the Army wouldn't put up with it cause of the image it would bring to the army. But if the Army guy was wearing that shirt off duty at a bar---who cares?

Get it?
CK93 is offline  
post #27 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Simple answer you give some key people free stuff and suddenly everyone starts to jump on the train.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #28 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM
-Weekend Warrior-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Murder Mitten
Posts: 2,567
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK93 View Post
Read what I wrote. When you are representing your company, I feel that was inappropriate. If I saw the NS rep at a bar one night wearing the same shirt, I wouldn't think twice about. But when you are doing your job representing your company, everything you do, say and wear is a direct reflection on the company. What you do on your own time is up to you.

If I was in the Army, on the job while working wearing a shirt like that, the Army wouldn't put up with it cause of the image it would bring to the army. But if the Army guy was wearing that shirt off duty at a bar---who cares?

Get it?
um...no actually, I don't get it.

If a rep at a demo wearing an anti-religious shirt is "representing his company" then wouldn't an other company's anti-religious logo also be representing the other company even moreso because it was actually approved as the freaking company logo?!

'12 NS Legacy 163

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Days on snow 2015/2016 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 16
  • Boyne Mountain: 2
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Nubs Nob: 1
  • Lake Louise: 3
sabatoa is offline  
post #29 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Never Summer's...what's the story??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK93 View Post
Read what I wrote. When you are representing your company, I feel that was inappropriate. If I saw the NS rep at a bar one night wearing the same shirt, I wouldn't think twice about. But when you are doing your job representing your company, everything you do, say and wear is a direct reflection on the company. What you do on your own time is up to you.

If I was in the Army, on the job while working wearing a shirt like that, the Army wouldn't put up with it cause of the image it would bring to the army. But if the Army guy was wearing that shirt off duty at a bar---who cares?

Get it?
RJ was pointing out that Lib Tech's logo is satanic.

Admittedly he is wrong though. Lib Tech's logo is a stick figure with a dunce cap.

So what these people were trying to do was to point out that you went to another brand, because another's rep was wearing anti religious attire, yet the brand you went to has religiously questionable logos. Though he was wrong about the logo.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #30 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
uhhhhhh...so from what I gather NeverSummer is hyped because they are independent and have direct involvement in the online snowboarding community. Also they have great build quality.....

Anything else?
cb1021 is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome