I totaly disagree.
Climate scientists with far more education than you tend to differ greatly and they all pretty much agree. I have read report after report after report from many international agencies that have nothing to gain by lying. Almost all of them conclude the same thing; human activity is the factor that is tipping the balance and disrupting the Earth`s normal climatic cycles. The data also reveals that it is entirely possible at this point to turn this around before we reach a tipping point.
I am not going to go into all the facts to back up what they are saying. I have done that in the past and I suspect you dont read them anyway. You go ahead and believe what you will and you certainly have the right to voice your opinion, but I think you are wrong.
When faced with making a choice, I am going with the people who actually have an education in that field, No disrespect to you, but while very intelligent, you do not hold any degrees in Meteorology, Oceanography, volcanology or any other related field that gives you any credibility in this field even if you do claim to be an expert in every field....
You an I do agree that we should go green regardless of why.
I've read countrless studies and they all say we have an impact on climate change but there has been no clear sign that we are THE driving cause.
To be clear, I give studies funded by oil companies the exact same weight I give studies funded by large "green" fund raising firms. That weight is exactly dick. When the people writing the results of the study know who is giving them the money, they skew the results to whatever said funder wants to hear. This is why medical studies are all blind. The people writing the final summary have no idea who funded it, who the drug company is etc etc. This keeps them objective.
If a company that's huge on "zomg we're all gonna die from the pollutionz" gives you a big ass grant to perform a study, you're going to "find" what they want to hear. You want another grant later. Go with the independant studies. The ones not funded by a "green" fundraising panic group or an oil funded "gas is good!" group.
Here's a start
. I know this is scary, but you'll actually have to get it from some place other than the internets!
I don't need to have a degree to read an actual study. I just need to read the study itself and not some summary of the study that someone else wrote or worse some news agencies interpretation of the study. Keep in mind the same mindless douche nozzle's that are screaming we're going to die today were screaming it in 1971 except they were screaming that the world was getting colder.
Oh and my numbers were wrong I had to go back and look them up. We're responsible for 3% (THREE PERCENT) of CO2 emmited. That's every human on the planet. Decaying organic material (plants animals etc), volcanos and forrest fires make up the other 97%. We should ban Decaying plants. Fuck them!
The point is we've spent all this time and money trying to panic over c02 when in fact, c02 isnt even the culprit. If we send people into a silly panic with bad data, we'll over look the real reason. Maybe we are causing climate change by eating pistacios? Who knows, we sure as hell don't. And we'll never know if we keep pounding back bad science. All while telling developing countries they can't have their industrial revolution because of their evil c02z.