09/10 season video - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC looking for snow...
Posts: 637
Default



I'm like, hmm that background looks familiar and then I realized a lot of that from the East Coast. I love these videos, I'm no pro but nothing like capturing the whole 'fun' of riding together with friends. Great editing and went great with the music.

The suby wagon scene was cool. If only there was space here for me try that with friends.

I'm assuming the editing was done in the off season? How long did it take?
Magnum626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Mr. Polonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn, Empire State
Posts: 1,093
Default

awesome vid bro...im not into boring vids that constantly show jumping off kickers and rails and what not...they get boring after 20 sec. but i really enjoyed this one. some good thought and editting went into this one
__________________
Without me, my board is useless. Without my board, I am useless
Mr. Polonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jackson, nj
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum626 View Post


I'm like, hmm that background looks familiar and then I realized a lot of that from the East Coast. I love these videos, I'm no pro but nothing like capturing the whole 'fun' of riding together with friends. Great editing and went great with the music.

The suby wagon scene was cool. If only there was space here for me try that with friends.

I'm assuming the editing was done in the off season? How long did it take?
yes the editing was done in the offseason. It took awhile because i had over 1500 clips and some were as long as 15 minutes. Going through them all and picking good clips to convert to prores took the longest out of the whole process. Probably about 2 months working on it an hour or so a night. From there the actual editing only took about a month. Then color correction for about another month. So i guess about 4 months total. This is working on it about an hour a night give or take. I have always been sort of a perfectionist so i like to take my time with my work. Alot of the time was spent learning as well. Being self taught has its pros and cons and i sometimes find myself backtracking alot to fix things or doing things the long way just to find out in a tutorial that theres much easier ways. This was especially true with the color grading and correction since i had never tried that before.
l burke l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzogone View Post
...While it's fun to watch Romain de Marchi filmed from a helicopter getting wicked air on some remote peak, your video is actually something I can relate and aspire to....

Completely agree. I love seeing vids of the rest of us humans riding around. Killer vid!
Alt_Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC looking for snow...
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by l burke l View Post
yes the editing was done in the offseason. It took awhile because i had over 1500 clips and some were as long as 15 minutes. Going through them all and picking good clips to convert to prores took the longest out of the whole process. Probably about 2 months working on it an hour or so a night. From there the actual editing only took about a month. Then color correction for about another month. So i guess about 4 months total. This is working on it about an hour a night give or take. I have always been sort of a perfectionist so i like to take my time with my work. Alot of the time was spent learning as well. Being self taught has its pros and cons and i sometimes find myself backtracking alot to fix things or doing things the long way just to find out in a tutorial that theres much easier ways. This was especially true with the color grading and correction since i had never tried that before.

Well there goes my idea of tinkering with video editing. I just don't have the time for that...lol

Great job! I love these 'regular' people videos. I look forward to seeing more of them.
Magnum626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jackson, nj
Posts: 116
Default

You should t be discouraged by how long someone spent on a project. Just start small. I do some 3-4 minute edits in a night or two. Just depends on how much you feel like putting into it
l burke l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
c_mack9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: western KY
Posts: 543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzogone View Post
Simply put, this video gets me stoked. I already planned on recording some video this season for the same reason (though it will likely be pathetic in both riding and video quality compared to this), but this got me more inspired. While it's fun to watch Romain de Marchi filmed from a helicopter getting wicked air on some remote peak, your video is actually something I can relate and aspire to. I really like your camera work and post-production. The bird scene @5:47 is almost surreal and I chuckled at the air-guitar-to-faceplant @8:50. Nice music selection too. Thanks for sharing.
i feel the same way. me and my buddy have talked about gettin a flip because they are so cheap but htis cam looks really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Polonia View Post
awesome vid bro...im not into boring vids that constantly show jumping off kickers and rails and what not...they get boring after 20 sec. but i really enjoyed this one. some good thought and editting went into this one
exactly. me and my buds suck. i think the OP is crazy when he says they arent that good. their skill level is way higher than mine. this is one of the most enjoyable movies ive watched this year. im like these guys, i cant relate to hopping on a heli with my pro buddies and riding new zealand in the summer. i can relate to riding with my buds on our hill and taking trips with them to ride bigger mountains though. i really love this vid, its totally inspired me. im so freaking stoked to go ride right now i cant hardly even stand it. 3 more weeks til our hill opens...
c_mack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
earl_je's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Keystone, CO
Posts: 826
Default

cool video and very good edit!
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
Default

sweet video, nice camera too
__________________
PHILLY'S FUNHOUSE
phillycheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jackson, nj
Posts: 116
Default

09/10 snowboarding season on Vimeo

Not sure if anyone is interested but i have the video on vimeo as well and the quality is much better over there. They have a full download as well which is about 98% of the native file. Its the best quality version of it on the web.
l burke l is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums