Japan Snowboarding Trip! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Default Japan Snowboarding Trip!

So I'm going to Mt. Niseko in Japan with Snowboardaddiction.com

I can't wait! Anyone else been to Japan? Anything I need to know? I'm SO pumped and hope it will progress my riding.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
MistahTaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
So I'm going to Mt. Niseko in Japan with Snowboardaddiction.com

I can't wait! Anyone else been to Japan? Anything I need to know? I'm SO pumped and hope it will progress my riding.
sweet powder, have fun.
MistahTaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
Default

You will have a ball. The powder is amazing and when you get a clear day the view is pretty awesome as well. Mt Yotei is on one side and the ocean is on the other side. Yotei looks just like Mt Fuji and they ski on it too. I believe that you can actually ride the inside of the crater of an active volcano at Yotei but I have no idea how you organise it.

Check out Strawberry Fields for a nice little run through the trees. It was about waist deep when I was there and unbelievable.

When you get hungry, there is a little cafe in the upper village that serves a ramen soup which is the best snowboarding feed that I've ever seen. It's a huge noodle soup, full of veges with a schnitzel thrown on top.

Apart from that, just get to the top and follow your nose. Panorama is a nice groomer to get the blood pumping in the morning and plenty of choices if you hike to the top of the mountain. There are some fairly long tracks to get out of the back country boarding down narrow gullies. I guess if you're good enough it is probably one long pipe but it was mostly hard work for me. The runs at the top were worth it though.

Have fun.
razzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle View Post
You will have a ball. The powder is amazing and when you get a clear day the view is pretty awesome as well. Mt Yotei is on one side and the ocean is on the other side. Yotei looks just like Mt Fuji and they ski on it too. I believe that you can actually ride the inside of the crater of an active volcano at Yotei but I have no idea how you organise it.

Check out Strawberry Fields for a nice little run through the trees. It was about waist deep when I was there and unbelievable.

When you get hungry, there is a little cafe in the upper village that serves a ramen soup which is the best snowboarding feed that I've ever seen. It's a huge noodle soup, full of veges with a schnitzel thrown on top.

Apart from that, just get to the top and follow your nose. Panorama is a nice groomer to get the blood pumping in the morning and plenty of choices if you hike to the top of the mountain. There are some fairly long tracks to get out of the back country boarding down narrow gullies. I guess if you're good enough it is probably one long pipe but it was mostly hard work for me. The runs at the top were worth it though.

Have fun.
Thanks for the tips man, sounds awesome!
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
51bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 261
Default

my goal in the next year or two.... japan.... and norway.... norways already planned for this year though

have a fun trip... footage!!!!
51bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Biornus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Revelstoke, BC
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51bombed View Post
my goal in the next year or two.... japan.... and norway.... norways already planned for this year though

have a fun trip... footage!!!!
As a frequent goer to Norway, can I ask why Norway of everywhere?

Last edited by Biornus; 01-29-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Biornus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
51bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 261
Default

Yup. My sister lives in norway. added plus to leave the country, see her and ride
51bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Sirium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle View Post
...
Check out Strawberry Fields for a nice little run through the trees. It was about waist deep when I was there and unbelievable.
Strawberry Fields is not found on the trail map. Head up Hanazono Hooded Quad Lift #1 (Extreme right of trail map). Out of the lift, make a sharp left turn and go thru a small "gate" right next to the exit hut... you will then see the "warning" sign that I have as my avatar... enjoy.
Sirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Default

hey
i have just recently come back from japan
i was in grand hirafu niseko
the snow there is amazing
i am only 14 and i used to live in switzerland
but japans snow is amazing
i recomend it to anyone
i am going back at the end of the year for another shred
and if you end up in hospital there
they like to keep you for as long as possible
my little brother ended up in hospital with pneumonia they kept him there for two weeks
for the japanese to do something
you have to push to get out
anyway
awesome country
great food
and the people are really nice
Joshfontii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums