Pantagonia! - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #31 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
abngirly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Lake Tahoe/Coloma, CA
Posts: 37
Default

Props to Karasene, awesome pics and vids! I've been contemplating a trip to Argentina for next summer and I think you just convinced me! Where will you be riding this winter?
abngirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Karasene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Utah/NH
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abngirly View Post
Props to Karasene, awesome pics and vids! I've been contemplating a trip to Argentina for next summer and I think you just convinced me! Where will you be riding this winter?
Thanks! I ride mainly in NH and take trips over to VT and ME often.. but this season I'm trying to move up to Girdwood, Alaska. Think I'll be heading north the first week of November on a whim. Trying to sell my car and get things moving.

I'd say Pantagonia was the best vacation I could have taken during summer.
If you were thinking of going you should add me on FB I'm down to do it again!
__________________
To legit to quit.
On the move this season.

Last edited by Karasene; 10-03-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Karasene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
abngirly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Lake Tahoe/Coloma, CA
Posts: 37
Default

Well I would definitely be interested in taking that trip next summer, Patagonia has been a long time dream of mine, then with the riding it looks like the perfect respite from summer doldrums. I was up in VT and NH a few times last winter, am hoping we get some early snow so I can make at least one trip up there before I head west. Looks like I'll be splitting my winter between Summit County and Tahoe. I'm in the process of interviewing for different places but if you or anyone are ever in either of those areas, I'd love to meet up and ride with some forum peeps.
abngirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Karasene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Utah/NH
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abngirly View Post
Well I would definitely be interested in taking that trip next summer, Patagonia has been a long time dream of mine, then with the riding it looks like the perfect respite from summer doldrums. I was up in VT and NH a few times last winter, am hoping we get some early snow so I can make at least one trip up there before I head west. Looks like I'll be splitting my winter between Summit County and Tahoe. I'm in the process of interviewing for different places but if you or anyone are ever in either of those areas, I'd love to meet up and ride with some forum peeps.
Yeah for sure!! That sounds like a good winter right there! My original plan this season was to go out to Tahoe. I have about 7 friends from the EC who spend winters out there already and they convinced me to go out there this season.. I just spontaneously changed my decision to AK while I was down in Argentina. I'm good friends with the couple that manage Guest services at Alpine Meadows I could refer you to if you were looking for a job over there at all but your best bet would be to get the pic pass and not work on the mountain since its SO cheap. You probably know this already. I would love to visit out west but looks like I'll visit next year. Do you have connections or are you just doing it?
__________________
To legit to quit.
On the move this season.
Karasene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
abngirly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Lake Tahoe/Coloma, CA
Posts: 37
Default

Don't really have connections, although I have friends in Tahoe City and South Lake. The thing is I can't get out there til the end of December/Early January so I don't even know who would hire me. I have a budget set for my passes, 4 months of rent/living expenses, gas/tolls for the drive out and back (I have a friend driving with me one way). so I'm not really worried about money - I figure worst case scenario I get on sittercity.com and babysit a few nights a week for spending cash. ATTENTION SUMMIT COUNTY and LAKE TAHOE mom's and dads, I'm a fantastic babysitter and would love to have you pay me to watch your children!! But yea as of right now I'm pretty much just doing it. I wouldn't mind looking into a job at guest services at Alpine if you thought that was something worth setting up, seeing as how I'd only be able to work January - close of season as long as it doesn't cut too much into riding time. How about you, do you have connections up in AK? Sounds like a pretty intense change of heart, but hey go big or go home.
abngirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Karasene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Utah/NH
Posts: 812
Default

Yeah I forgot about the ol'babysitter money saving technique.. just seems like nowadays parents are so cheap. Back when I was 16 I didn't mind making $7 an hour.. Now, forget it. Altho THIS month is a different story I'll do anything. I'm picking up under the table roofing jobs and fall clean up to help save for AK.

I have a connection up there one of the reps for Avalon7 who also does film and photography at Winter X and who's hooking me up with ppl to split rent with and throwing me some extra work helping out with photography and film out in the backcountry on top of whatever job I get. I've been talking to Alyeska HR department and a job as a server/bartender at one of the restaurants sounds pretty promising but personally I don't really know anyone.. so it should be interesting. Fun tho.

Yeah if you need info for Alpine let me know. Granted it is a mountain only open during the day so you would be working business hours but I know Jess and Brian try and give as many snow breaks as possible during hours to their employees. They're actually really good people. If that's the only way you'd be able to afford a pass it might be your best bet. Definitetly hit me up on FB the link should be in my sig otherwise search for Kara Ca Pow
__________________
To legit to quit.
On the move this season.

Last edited by Karasene; 10-03-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Karasene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
abngirly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Lake Tahoe/Coloma, CA
Posts: 37
Default

Yea I won't have a problem affording a pass - Right now I'm starting with the Epic Local then considering the Alpine/Kirk/Homewood college triple threat pass. So f-ing cheap. If I work out there it will strictly be so that I'm not sucking money out of my savings for beer and food. At any rate I get a lot of work on Babysitters, Nannies and Nanny Services - Sittercity Babysitting you should check it out, it's been a life saver and may help you out. I wouldn't work for less than $12/hour though. Will definitely hit you up on facebook, it's awesome to get in touch with another chick that's all about snowboarding as a way of life. Hopefully we'll get to take some turns this winter! My name's Rian by the way!
abngirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:43 AM   #38 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Karasene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Utah/NH
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abngirly View Post
it's awesome to get in touch with another chick that's all about snowboarding as a way of life. Hopefully we'll get to take some turns this winter!
Hell yeah I totally agree!!!
__________________
To legit to quit.
On the move this season.
Karasene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #39 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Mr. Polonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn, Empire State
Posts: 1,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abngirly View Post
Yea I won't have a problem affording a pass - Right now I'm starting with the Epic Local then considering the Alpine/Kirk/Homewood college triple threat pass. So f-ing cheap. If I work out there it will strictly be so that I'm not sucking money out of my savings for beer and food. At any rate I get a lot of work on Babysitters, Nannies and Nanny Services - Sittercity Babysitting you should check it out, it's been a life saver and may help you out. I wouldn't work for less than $12/hour though. Will definitely hit you up on facebook, it's awesome to get in touch with another chick that's all about snowboarding as a way of life. Hopefully we'll get to take some turns this winter! My name's Rian by the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasene View Post
Hell yeah I totally agree!!!

__________________
Without me, my board is useless. Without my board, I am useless
Mr. Polonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums