Colorado or Utah...??? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 1,012
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
I'm not trying to hijack but do I really need a 4x4 or AWD car in SLC?
Shit so far this year most days you could ride a scooter up into the canyons and over the passes but if it's puking your going to be driving the car and then getting on a ski or resort bus.

You should be able to use any vehicle to get you between the 3 resort areas which are Little\Big Cottonwood Canyons(SLC) + Park City + Ogden but once in the general area you'll need to ride the ski bus to get to the lifts which is not a big deal.

For me(if you have a 2-3 people) I'd rent a small subaru impreza their only a few $$$ more than the shit mobiles and then you can keep all your food and drinks in your car right next to the hill to save money that way and not have to deal with the bus bullshit.

so pay now or pay later and enjoy the convenience of having your vehicle 200ft away in the parking lot.
__________________
makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Shit so far this year most days you could ride a scooter up into the canyons and over the passes but if it's puking your going to be driving the car and then getting on a ski or resort bus.

You should be able to use any vehicle to get you between the 3 resort areas which are Little\Big Cottonwood Canyons(SLC) + Park City + Ogden but once in the general area you'll need to ride the ski bus to get to the lifts which is not a big deal.

For me(if you have a 2-3 people) I'd rent a small subaru impreza their only a few $$$ more than the shit mobiles and then you can keep all your food and drinks in your car right next to the hill to save money that way and not have to deal with the bus bullshit.

so pay now or pay later and enjoy the convenience of having your vehicle 200ft away in the parking lot.
I'll see if Thrifty has any AWD cars I can upgrade to. We're planning to go to Snowbird and Park City.
BMW_TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 1,012
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
I'll see if Thrifty has any AWD cars I can upgrade to. We're planning to go to Snowbird and Park City.
Tell me your not coming until the end of January at the earliest?
__________________
makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Tell me your not coming until the end of January at the earliest?
Nope, new years eve.

Yeah I checked the snow report and it sucks. Original plan was to hit up Wolf Creek.

How bad is it?
BMW_TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 1,012
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
Nope, new years eve.

Yeah I checked the snow report and it sucks. Original plan was to hit up Wolf Creek.

How bad is it?
Wolf Creek or even Southern Utah or Toas would have been much better

Just my .02$

For me it would no question be

1.Solitude 2.Brighton they have BY FAR the best conditions and BY FAR the least crowds , if your very lucky we'll get another 12 inches of snow between now and then.

Stay out of Park City(unless your going partying) all they get is the left over snow from LCC\BCC resorts(Brighton, Snowbird and Solitude) that's why the locals call it the "dark side"

Snowbird is fine but on weekends\holidays it's a mad house not to mention 20$ more per day than Brighton Solitude

If your brave bring your rock board and helmet there's lots of good but still sketchy terrain available at Brighton to ride.
__________________
makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Thanks for the heads up. We're going to Brighton on the day we land there.

I'll prepare myself for hard packed ice.
BMW_TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums