Killington? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kev711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 164
Default Killington?

I'm thinking about taking a drive up to killington tomorrow(5-12) from CT. Was anyone there today? I know trail reports like to "stretch" the truth and wanna know what I should actually expect.
kev711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev711 View Post
I'm thinking about taking a drive up to killington tomorrow(5-12) from CT. Was anyone there today? I know trail reports like to "stretch" the truth and wanna know what I should actually expect.
Moguls and slush and 1 and 1/2 trails open and lots of unstrapping and mud.

Sorry to disappoint you. If the conditions were "good," I'd be there, but frankly, it's not worth it for the conditions AND they're charging $39 for 1 lift ticket that works for 1 lift and 1 and 1/2 trails.
TheNorminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kev711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 164
Default

thanks for the heads up. that's what i figured. not sure if the gf still wants to go but i definitely going to Mt Snow's Peace Pipe Jam on the 25th though
kev711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kev711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 164
Default

is it edge to edge bumps??
kev711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev711 View Post
is it edge to edge bumps??
I was there a about a week and a half ago and even the groomed portions ended up bumbed a couple hours into the day. Personally I thought it was great, been really getting into mogul runs. Though not everyone may feel the same. Shit was nice and soft though, if you want to get your bump run practice in, now is the time. Though you may get some road rash if you wipe. Spring corn does do that
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
brucew.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ice Central
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
I was there a about a week and a half ago and even the groomed portions ended up bumbed a couple hours into the day. Personally I thought it was great, been really getting into mogul runs. Though not everyone may feel the same. Shit was nice and soft though, if you want to get your bump run practice in, now is the time. Though you may get some road rash if you wipe. Spring corn does do that
moguls are a little more tolerable when its soft and not icy but they still make my legs too tired Any idea when their closing date is? I might be up towards the end of the month...
brucew. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kev711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 164
Default

i was there this past sunday and personally, i didn't like the conditions at all but i kept taking runs because i kept saying "at least i'm still snowboarding"..lol

it was their first weekend not grooming so the bumps were completely edge to edge and the size of VW bugs.there were 2 trails open. the only top to bottom one was Superstar that was directly under the lift. it went from slush to total ice. there was a short trail(upper Skylark) blue trail that was fun but it just goes right back to superstar.
keep checking their site to see when or if they plan on grooming and they're saying that they want to stay open till June 2nd
kev711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
brucew.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ice Central
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev711 View Post
i was there this past sunday and personally, i didn't like the conditions at all but i kept taking runs because i kept saying "at least i'm still snowboarding"..lol

it was their first weekend not grooming so the bumps were completely edge to edge and the size of VW bugs.there were 2 trails open. the only top to bottom one was Superstar that was directly under the lift. it went from slush to total ice. there was a short trail(upper Skylark) blue trail that was fun but it just goes right back to superstar.
keep checking their site to see when or if they plan on grooming and they're saying that they want to stay open till June 2nd
damn, that doesn't sound like its worth the 8 hour trip. kudos to them for staying open but those type of bumps sound like they're catering to skiers.


guess I'll go back to plan B of winning the lottery and flying down to Chile
brucew. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kev711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 164
Default

hahahaha!! that sounds like a good plan! i wish i thought of that first.

keep checking the killington site, call them or email them through facebook to see if they groom it or not. if they do decide to groom it, i'll be going up again and i'll bring my own small rainbow rail or box and set it up at the bottom.
kev711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
LuckyRVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,653
Default

Hey Kev, did you end up going to Killy? Curious to know the conditions.
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums