Where did the new Neversummer review threads go? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,231
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
It's just how we handled it. I think this could have gone smoothly. It's all in the presentation. We'll work it out. Trust me.
killclimbz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM
duh
Senior Member
 
duh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mammoth Lakes
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The problem is definately with the presentation as opposed to the program. Maybe if you had actually waited to get other companies on board and presented it as a review team that would recieve product from multiple vendors people would not have gotten the wrong(?) impression. The way it was presented by Vman and Snowolf made it seem like an exclusive partnership between these riders and NS. The other part that got a bit weird was the total lack of respect for people's misgivings about that misconception(?). Having one of the moderators get on here and tell everyone that if they dared to post anything that questioned his integrity that they would be banned also was a very big problem.

I am not surprised one bit at the backlash. As soon as I read the first thread post I knew that some people would be very suspicious of such a program and it's ability to give un-biased reviews. The unfortunate part of the situation is that some very knowledgable people on both sides of the argument won't be posting here anytime soon. The wealth of knowledge that this forum lost due to a poorly thought out program is costly.
duh is offline  
post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM
-Weekend Warrior-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Murder Mitten
Posts: 2,680
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
This is why we can't have nice things.

Incredibly disgusting, watching this happen. I thought it was a cool concept. I don't blame snowolf one bit for saying "fuck all y'all".

'12 NS Legacy 163

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Days on snow 2015/2016 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 16
  • Boyne Mountain: 2
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Nubs Nob: 1
  • Lake Louise: 3
sabatoa is offline  
post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,964
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
I don't blame snowolf one bit for saying "fuck all y'all".
This helps explain why its so easy for me to be an asshole ALL the time...

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline  
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow this sucks, I took a break from this forum hoping the bullshit would eventually pan out, and it get's worse? Now I really don't know what happened, but just a suggestion, notice the pattern. If people are allowed to do whatever the fuck they want it's gonna get worse. Lay down some banning, and do it unbiased. No favorites, no bullshit.

Again, I don't know what happened, but this is a golden rule for everything. It'll solve a lot of problems. You're the mods, do what you want. Just trying to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Moderator
 
boarderaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Wow this sucks, I took a break from this forum hoping the bullshit would eventually pan out, and it get's worse? Now I really don't know what happened, but just a suggestion, notice the pattern. If people are allowed to do whatever the fuck they want it's gonna get worse. Lay down some banning, and do it unbiased. No favorites, no bullshit.

Again, I don't know what happened, but this is a golden rule for everything. It'll solve a lot of problems. You're the mods, do what you want. Just trying to help.
As a mod, we do try to stay unbiased as possible. Unfortunately, there are some times, where we need to play things by ear and our actions are not just black and white.
boarderaholic is offline  
post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
 
Noreaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Snowolf, given the current situation your reservations about giving coaching advice are understood. However, it is those who recently picked up snowboarding (and incidentally new forum members) who benefit from your advice most. These people had no hand in what transpired and will be the ones who will have lost most should you choose to remove yourself from posting in coaching section. I hope with time the raw emotions will subside and you might reconsider your position.
Noreaster is offline  
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,134
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post
The problem is definately with the presentation as opposed to the program. Maybe if you had actually waited to get other companies on board and presented it as a review team that would recieve product from multiple vendors people would not have gotten the wrong(?) impression. The way it was presented by Vman and Snowolf made it seem like an exclusive partnership between these riders and NS. The other part that got a bit weird was the total lack of respect for people's misgivings about that misconception(?). Having one of the moderators get on here and tell everyone that if they dared to post anything that questioned his integrity that they would be banned also was a very big problem.

I am not surprised one bit at the backlash. As soon as I read the first thread post I knew that some people would be very suspicious of such a program and it's ability to give un-biased reviews. The unfortunate part of the situation is that some very knowledgable people on both sides of the argument won't be posting here anytime soon. The wealth of knowledge that this forum lost due to a poorly thought out program is costly.
There are so many problems with this post that I don't know where to begin. So let's just take one at random. How about this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post
The way it was presented by Vman and Snowolf made it seem like an exclusive partnership between these riders and NS. The other part that got a bit weird was the total lack of respect for people's misgivings about that misconception(?).
The way it was presented may have caused a misconception, but the misconception was handled, and politely, right away. But some people kept kvetching about the conspiracy. So it was pointed out AGAIN, in a slightly more preemptory tone what's what. Rinse, repeat, several times. Eventually I don't care who you are, when you keep explaining something and your opponent not only refuses to get it but even refuses to acknowledge the explanation, you're going to get cranky.

The way you've phrased things, it looks like someone asked an innocent question and a mod jumped down his throat. YOU may prefer to re-remember things that way, but no one else is going to.


Coffee is your friend. Everyone else is an acquaintance.
Donutz is offline  
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
scotty100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post

And you're right! I and at least 4 others from the team won't be providing this site reviews and I am disinclined to offer my help in the coaching and instruction section anytime soon either; you people burned your bridge with me. I get paid to coach at the resort and I love what I do there. I don't need to do it here for free for people who are going to turn around and stab me in the back and attack my integrity over what was a good intent.
I think pulling away from the site due to the negative comments of a predictably vocal minority would be a bad idea. It would be akin to making the entire community suffer because the people who voiced those opinions did so in a particular way, and I don't think you would want to do that given the high regard in which you are held on here. Now, I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to write what they want in the appropriate manner, but I believe the majority of the people on here welcomed the Neversummer sub-forum idea and that should be the guiding factor in determining how to proceed.
scotty100 is offline  
post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a shame. And I agree with whoever said the way it works on MTBR forum. They have a subsection dedicated for almost every brand and when I'm looking for a new DH bike those sections are invaluable to do research and see if I want a new Transition or Giant. Flip that over to snowboarding and people can do the same for NS or Burton. Its a win win situation. So one guy loses his google ranking, so what? Please move forward

Man, the Internet sounds like a tuff place to ride.
Rockpen is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome