Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Site News, Updates and Suggestions (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/site-news-updates-suggestions/)
-   -   Rules? For Sale Section... (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/site-news-updates-suggestions/90369-rules-sale-section.html)

poutanen 09-04-2013 09:27 AM

Rules? For Sale Section...
 
Just wondering if it makes sense for us to have a set of rules for selling gear on the site? I took a quick look and didn't see a stickey anywhere. I don't think the for sale section is out of control, it may just help to have a few key rules...

1) Thread title must contain: price, location and whether item is FS/WTB/PSA (for sale, want to buy, public service announcement)

2) No bumping! You may only bump the thread by lowering the price by at least 10% or $100, whichever is less.

3) Try not to have 1,000,000 separate posts. If you have 4 board and binding combos for sale, I'd separate those out, but things like goggles, pants, jackets, other accessories can all fit under one thread.

Thoughts? :dunno:

bseracka 09-04-2013 10:01 AM

Expect your thread to get shit on if you're posting stupid prices or selling garbage. As it's a way of protecting new/uninformed members. I second a sticky

backstop13 09-04-2013 10:02 AM

I don't know about the no bump unless lowering price. I know what you're getting at as the threads get out of control with some people bumping incessantly, but at the same time, the forum moves so quick at certain times of the year that FS posts get buried rather quickly.

I like the other ideas though. I would also recommend a stickied thread for those who had good/bad experiences buying on the forum. That way buyers/sellers can search that thread and get some comfort for who they're dealing with.

poutanen 09-04-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backstop13 (Post 1065041)
I don't know about the no bump unless lowering price. I know what you're getting at as the threads get out of control with some people bumping incessantly, but at the same time, the forum moves so quick at certain times of the year that FS posts get buried rather quickly.

I like the other ideas though. I would also recommend a stickied thread for those who had good/bad experiences buying on the forum. That way buyers/sellers can search that thread and get some comfort for who they're dealing with.

I know what you're saying about bumping to keep the FS threads on Page 1 of the "active topics". but to me if you're searching for gear you'll head over to that section of the forum. Bumping sort of creates an unfair advantage for the guy that's willing to go on daily and bump his thread. I'm on a hunting/shooting forum and they have very strict bump rules because it got out of control.

Rule #4 should be that you have to have at least X number of posts before starting a for sale thread. At least an intro post on the intro thread.

Donutz 09-04-2013 12:05 PM

Done.

There was a feedback thread, but I couldn't find it so I created a new one. It may be one of the threads that got blown away by SW.

poutanen 09-04-2013 12:11 PM

Thank you sir! :bowdown:

But where did this ponzi scheme rule come from? I've got a great deal for you! Return is 10% per year guaranteed. Just need to get lotsa people involved! :yahoo:

killclimbz 09-04-2013 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also added to your post Donutz. Just stating that all items are buyer beware.

We definitely had something about this in those forums before. I would say your theory is correct.

Donutz 09-04-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutanen (Post 1065321)
Thank you sir! :bowdown:

But where did this ponzi scheme rule come from? I've got a great deal for you! Return is 10% per year guaranteed. Just need to get lotsa people involved! :yahoo:

PER YEAR????? I can get that from a legitimate mutual fund from RBC! If you want to rip me off, you have to think way bigger!

2hipp4u 09-04-2013 03:23 PM

I would make a 100 post minimum before you can list anything. Also make pictures mandatory.

Lamps 09-04-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 1065033)
Expect your thread to get shit on if you're posting stupid prices or selling garbage. As it's a way of protecting new/uninformed members.

This is an important public service, ripoffs should be called out, this is a community not Ebay.

And its fun to do.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2