Protection for angle and back.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Quebec
Posts: 28
Default Protection for angle and back..

In 2011 i had a accident at my job and hurted my spine and twisted L5 and have a herni between l4 and l5 and last year on the 24 december i hurted my ligament on ankle and it still hurting me today if i do a fast move like going down the stairs fast.

I was wondering if this ankle protecter is good ??
The FASTER Ankle Brace by BioSkin

And as a back protector,i should look at what kind ??

Sorry for my poor english im french
Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
zk0ot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WIS
Posts: 870
Default

Not sure I would recommend wearing an ankle brace in a boot. Scott sports makes a lot of back protectors only company I've delt with.
__________________
BUCK FURTON
zk0ot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 370
Default

English second language, no need to apologize, eh?

I also have a herniated disc, mine is l3-l4, one up from yours. Steroid injections in my spine and core exercises help. When it hurts beyond that, I take hydrocodone. Sometimes I take two . Sucks, just live with the pain. Not much else you can do.

For your ankle, I've twisted and sprained my ankles many times. No specific diagnosis, but I can tell you that stiff boots help. I just got a pair of k2 thraxis that I'm hoping work out well. I can't imagine an ankle brace inside a boot. Get stiff ass boots and no brace.
kaborkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
tonicusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 793
Default

Get stiff ass boots and no brace.[/QUOTE]

This^
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Quebec
Posts: 28
Default

My boots are the only thing i didnt upgrade,its some Vans Hi standard from 2006.

Got some suggestion on some model i should go try ??


Quote:
Originally Posted by kaborkian View Post
English second language, no need to apologize, eh?

I also have a herniated disc, mine is l3-l4, one up from yours. Steroid injections in my spine and core exercises help. When it hurts beyond that, I take hydrocodone. Sometimes I take two . Sucks, just live with the pain. Not much else you can do.

For your ankle, I've twisted and sprained my ankles many times. No specific diagnosis, but I can tell you that stiff boots help. I just got a pair of k2 thraxis that I'm hoping work out well. I can't imagine an ankle brace inside a boot. Get stiff ass boots and no brace.
Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
My boots are the only thing i didnt upgrade,its some Vans Hi standard from 2006.

Got some suggestion on some model i should go try ??
K2 thraxis (what I wear, comfy, excellent zone lacing and liner lacing, very very supportive)
Burton driver x
Ride makes some stiff supportive boots, don't know the model

Of course make sure that whichever stiffer boots you choose fit well!
kaborkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milwaukee Suburbs
Posts: 2,724
Default

I too have a bad disk L3-L4 area.
It's not the horizontal impacts that cause me pain it is the vertical impacts I need to be very cautious about. Very hard flat landings or even a soft impact can go badly.

As to a protector I can't recommend a specific brand but when I was looking to purchase one this is the style I wanted.

__________________
Thanks
-Slyder
slyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 2,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
As to a protector I can't recommend a specific brand but when I was looking to purchase one this is the style I wanted.
I wear such a Dainese backprotector since 9y. Comfortable and solid. Only drawback is that you sweat more under it, but models with better airflow are available now (if you get one, choose one with wave instead of the cheaper solid plates)
__________________
Jones Flagship 158, Ride Farah 153, Jones Solution wmn 156, Rad Air Jewel 159.5, Jones Mothership 156
Ride Fame, Burton Escapade, Spark Afterburner

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milwaukee Suburbs
Posts: 2,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
I wear such a Dainese backprotector since 9y. Comfortable and solid. Only drawback is that you sweat more under it, but models with better airflow are available now (if you get one, choose one with wave instead of the cheaper solid plates)
Can you post a pic of the "Wave" I assume it's like overlapping scales of sorts...
__________________
Thanks
-Slyder
slyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 2,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
Can you post a pic of the "Wave" I assume it's like overlapping scales of sorts...
Sorry, wrong word. Meant "honeycomb"

Same overlapping plates (not sure, but I assume it's metal instead of plastic), punctuated with thousands of lill holes.


Dainese - ACTIVE SHIELD EVO - Multisport Winter - Europa - Francese
__________________
Jones Flagship 158, Ride Farah 153, Jones Solution wmn 156, Rad Air Jewel 159.5, Jones Mothership 156
Ride Fame, Burton Escapade, Spark Afterburner

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums