FFS! My Doctors suck! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 6,237
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
FFS! My Doctors suck!

Things with my back and work have gotten more complicated as of yesterday. Made things somewhat worse pushing a skid of freight, so now I am having spasms while trying to drive, shift, dbl clutch my rig.

But that's not what inspired this post. I was in the clinic thurs night getting xrayed and checked out after reporting the new injury to my boss. And just because I've gotten conflicting reports recently from Dr's & Chiropractors about old compression fractures etc. i asked the clinic dr. If he saw any old fracture? (..he didn't.) I also asked if he saw any old frature to my coccyx? Again, he said he didn't.

Since I got a cd of those Xrays, I thought I'd post this image of my Coccyx here,...

image.jpg

I know it's a bad screen cap enlargment of an equally bad xray,...
But That ain't right!!!! Even I can see that!

Ok,.. Ok! I Guess technically it's maybe not exactly fractured! Should have asked about dislocations too I guess? This would have happened to me when I was 16 or 17 years old on an icy toboggan run. I remember my ass hurt like hell for weeks after bouncing off the toboggan!

In all these years, dozens of xrays, not one dr. has bothered to mention it. (...well, one chiro said I "maybe" had an old fracture there.). Maybe!??? Wtf?

I even had surgery on my tailbone region to remove a cyst 15-20 years ago. Not a word about it then either.

Between having to insist drs. give me tests to find/confirm problems I've complained to them about for years, with my recent visits to drs. and chiro's doing nothing to help my back so far? And with all of them apparently missing a major defect on my xrays?

I dunna trust a one of 'em any more!!!! Seriously! I have the worst luck finding decent, competent medical attention!!! FML! And now I'm in the market for a ortho/spine surgeon???

The thought of some quack cutting anywhere near my spine, scares the fuck outa me right about now!!!

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chomps1211 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 02:56 PM
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,811
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
if you're in michigan you should be using some form of medical cannabis no question.

you should also eat as cleanly as possible - fresh fruits and veggies and meat and cut down or out gluten and dairy... it may lead to inflammation problems. avoid all processed foods.

its not going to miraculously heal you, but health is wholistic

my uncle is a badass ortho surgeon but he lives in LA....
ShredLife is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 6,237
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Medical cannabis while technically legal here, still seems to be in some state of limbo. Growers/dispenceries still get raided from time to time. Some people have been prosecuted for growing, selling. I havent seen a single dispencery anywhere in operation myself. (...having given up recreational use many years ago, I haven't really kept up with what's been going on with it here.)

But regardless, as a DOT, CDL licensed driver? A positive piss test would cost me my job if not necessarily my license. Even if DOT has changed it's stance on it, my company hasn't.

As for the dietary stuff. I'm sure you're right about that. My diet has gone straight to hell over the last year and a half. It's been even worse since the back trouble has pretty much immobilized me.

I used to eat better during and right after I lost all that weight. A LOT more fruits n vegi's than I eat lately. ...aside from the refined sugar in the crap snacks Im eating more of, I do avoid most over processed foods. Always have.

I eat real butter, real meat, real fat n sugar, fresh baked bread,... None of the fat free, sugar free chemical filled foods that are so trendy for diets nowadays.

I most definitely need to get back to eating healthier. I know I did feel better in general when I was eating better. It's been hard to do lately. (...probably wouldn't surprise you terribly to hear that I'm not a very disciplined individual!)

With my current physical limitations and inactivity, along with the constant pain,... The frustration, worry and depression surrounding my present situ! I'm eating more from boredom as well as depression.
(...yes! Excuses excuses!)

I appreciate the comments and recommendations. Maybe admitting here to all of you that I'm the one who's slacked off, turned back into a doughnut hound and allowed myself to go to hell?

Maybe a little tough luv and no nonsense replies to my excuses will be the push I need to get back to eating better. Cuz until I can get back to being more physically active? My diet right now may be my only hope at avoiding becoming a 315 lb tub of blubber again! I doubt I've got another 120lb weight loss in me again at my age!


Wow! Between my recent posts concerning my job, and after re-reading this post,.. apparently I've a lot more goin' on with me besides just this back thing,.. Eh? Hmnnnn! Interesting!

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chomps1211 is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
f00bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 2,542
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
You lost me when you fractured your cock. It just seemed too painful to continue....
f00bar is online now  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member
 
slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milwaukee Suburbs
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
my fear is looking at that spacing of L-5 disc

-I'm Slyder and I suffer from "Gummer Syndrome"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
slyder is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 6,237
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f00bar View Post
You lost me when you fractured your cock. It just seemed too painful to continue....
"Coccyx!!" Not cock!! If I'd broken that? I wouldn't be posting here,.. I'd be shopping for the handgun I'd need to fix that situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
my fear is looking at that spacing of L-5 disc
Are you talking about the earlier X-rays? Cuz this image doesn't show anything but my coccyx and sacrum!

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chomps1211 is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 09:51 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
larrytbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Medical cannabis while technically legal here, still seems to be in some state of limbo. Growers/dispenceries still get raided from time to time. Some people have been prosecuted for growing, selling. I havent seen a single dispencery anywhere in operation myself. (...having given up recreational use many years ago, I haven't really kept up with what's been going on with it here.)

But regardless, as a DOT, CDL licensed driver? A positive piss test would cost me my job if not necessarily my license. Even if DOT has changed it's stance on it, my company hasn't.

As for the dietary stuff. I'm sure you're right about that. My diet has gone straight to hell over the last year and a half. It's been even worse since the back trouble has pretty much immobilized me.

I used to eat better during and right after I lost all that weight. A LOT more fruits n vegi's than I eat lately. ...aside from the refined sugar in the crap snacks Im eating more of, I do avoid most over processed foods. Always have.

I eat real butter, real meat, real fat n sugar, fresh baked bread,... None of the fat free, sugar free chemical filled foods that are so trendy for diets nowadays.

I most definitely need to get back to eating healthier. I know I did feel better in general when I was eating better. It's been hard to do lately. (...probably wouldn't surprise you terribly to hear that I'm not a very disciplined individual!)

With my current physical limitations and inactivity, along with the constant pain,... The frustration, worry and depression surrounding my present situ! I'm eating more from boredom as well as depression.
(...yes! Excuses excuses!)

I appreciate the comments and recommendations. Maybe admitting here to all of you that I'm the one who's slacked off, turned back into a doughnut hound and allowed myself to go to hell?

Maybe a little tough luv and no nonsense replies to my excuses will be the push I need to get back to eating better. Cuz until I can get back to being more physically active? My diet right now may be my only hope at avoiding becoming a 315 lb tub of blubber again! I doubt I've got another 120lb weight loss in me again at my age!


Wow! Between my recent posts concerning my job, and after re-reading this post,.. apparently I've a lot more goin' on with me besides just this back thing,.. Eh? Hmnnnn! Interesting!


When u get to 315. You can send me your boards.. be happy, to hold them for you will obviously be too heavy to ride them
larrytbull is online now  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 6,237
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytbull View Post
When u get to 315. You can send me your boards.. be happy, to hold them for you will obviously be too heavy to ride them
Hahaha! You got a deal! If that don't motivate me nuthin' will! (...you're paying the shipping!)

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chomps1211 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 10:28 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 5,918
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
S5-co1 looks totally dislocated, there really isn't much in the way of nerves below there but painful as hell. close to nerves that could cause urinary and fecal incontinence plus impotence, couple levels low though..... Really just a pain in the ass.
Argo is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 6,237
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
S5-co1 looks totally dislocated, there really isn't much in the way of nerves below there but painful as hell. close to nerves that could cause urinary and fecal incontinence plus impotence, couple levels low though..... Really just a pain in the ass.
Yeah,.. like I said. This is a very old injury. (....and fortunately, I've had none of those issues over the years!!)

I'm just pissed that all the doctors, looking at all these x-rays over the years, have never mentioned it. Not even in any of the reports from the (mandatory & expensive) radiologists that I have never met but had to pay for looking over the films!

When I combine all this with the other issues I've had with doctors over the years,.. with them missing or ignoring shit I tell them about? I find I have no faith in them whatsoever!!!

This Ortho/spine guy I am seeing on Tues? He better be one FucK of an impressive, competent mother sucker!!!

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chomps1211 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome