I hate Gapers at Lifts - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
larrytbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 7
I hate Gapers at Lifts

Spent the day boarding yesterday (YAY) but so frustrated with Lift Gapers.

What is the problem with these people, they just stand there gaping at the lift, right at bottom of the droppoff. was on quads all day, and at least 3 times I had to take down some gapers as there was no where to go

Wound up washing out on ice brusing the only un-armoured part of my body , as well at turn in run where whole trail blocked by gapers and Boarders just sitting across the trail.

End of rant!
larrytbull is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
 
cookiedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ice Coast
Posts: 548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Damn. sounds like you had pretty bad time at Cammelback..
cookiedog is offline  
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Love Thy Gaper!

Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 5,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Love Thy Gaper!
Larry ur a big man...just hug them...they make great cushioning...let them feel the love.

wrathfuldeity is offline  
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 03:06 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytbull View Post
Spent the day boarding yesterday (YAY) but so frustrated with Lift Gapers.

What is the problem with these people, they just stand there gaping at the lift, right at bottom of the droppoff. was on quads all day, and at least 3 times I had to take down some gapers as there was no where to go

Wound up washing out on ice brusing the only un-armoured part of my body , as well at turn in run where whole trail blocked by gapers and Boarders just sitting across the trail.

End of rant!
were all the culprits Asian kids?
tanscrazydaisy is offline  
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 5,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Ideally the lifty should be yelling at the gapers to move their asses or stop the chair.

wrathfuldeity is offline  
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
larrytbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanscrazydaisy View Post
were all the culprits Asian kids?
They were all kinds, Dads, Mostly ,

And Yes Wrath I am a BIG man and I barreled them down like ten pins in a strike on a bowling alley, and gave them a bit of my mind as well, but my knee and back are still feeling the pain
larrytbull is offline  
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytbull View Post
They were all kinds, Dads, Mostly ,

And Yes Wrath I am a BIG man and I barreled them down like ten pins in a strike on a bowling alley, and gave them a bit of my mind as well, but my knee and back are still feeling the pain
that's why I snow them (when possible).... and yell at them.
tanscrazydaisy is offline  
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanscrazydaisy View Post
that's why I snow them (when possible).... and yell at them.
You're so cool dude, how can I be more like you?

www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline  
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Ideally the lifty should be yelling at the gapers to move their asses or stop the chair.
never ever stop the chair!
ItchEtrigR is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome