god damned boxes - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BliND KiNK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Omaha, Nebraska (for now)
Posts: 729
Default

I locked in a backside lipslide when I completely fucked my boardslide up... and was way too scared to correct or anything until I slid off.... just cross your fingers for me, because I haven't hit the box when I've fallen so far, and I don't want the bad juju
__________________
I wanted a sig, but I need a job first.
BliND KiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,446
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliND KiNK View Post
I locked in a backside lipslide when I completely fucked my boardslide up... and was way too scared to correct or anything until I slid off.... just cross your fingers for me, because I haven't hit the box when I've fallen so far, and I don't want the bad juju
haha! neither have I but my friend adam dinged his shin a few winters ago and put a freaking DENT in the bone. It was a dent for like 2 months. Gross.

I feel like I'm at the point where I have enough board control to get out of those situations I "locked" in to some super sketchy slides and I've bailed successfully from others just as sketchy in the last few weeks unscathed but I know eventually one of those rails is gonna take a bite outta my leg...
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
swilber08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
haha! neither have I but my friend adam dinged his shin a few winters ago and put a freaking DENT in the bone. It was a dent for like 2 months. Gross.

I feel like I'm at the point where I have enough board control to get out of those situations I "locked" in to some super sketchy slides and I've bailed successfully from others just as sketchy in the last few weeks unscathed but I know eventually one of those rails is gonna take a bite outta my leg...
yea its just a matter of time lol...but if you arent busting your ass you arent trying hard enough imo

oo yea and feel your shin bones...i bet they have lots of small dents and bumps in them (mine do anyway )
__________________
2010 Flow Quantum Scotty Lago 155w
2010 Flow M9-SE Bindings


swilber08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 86
Default

That sucks man I know how it feels. I've slipped board sliding a box twice this year landed on my shins once and the other time on my back. It almost makes me want to put on some shin guards and a back protector.
JRZBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BliND KiNK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Omaha, Nebraska (for now)
Posts: 729
Default

Well I landed on my ass today on that box, and it wasn't pleasant and I didn't like it, thank you for the bad ju ju. ....



bitches.
__________________
I wanted a sig, but I need a job first.
BliND KiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,446
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilber08 View Post
yea its just a matter of time lol...but if you arent busting your ass you arent trying hard enough imo
maybe I'm just that good. did you consider that?

Nah... I'm definitely not that good just lucky so far
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
swilber08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
maybe I'm just that good. did you consider that?

Nah... I'm definitely not that good just lucky so far
haha im pretty sure even the pros do it every once in a while...im sure things get a lot harder when you start spinning 270's and what not onto sketchy boxes
__________________
2010 Flow Quantum Scotty Lago 155w
2010 Flow M9-SE Bindings


swilber08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 32
Default

i landed on my butt to last day.. tks to skeleton pad which i just bought lol. It still hurts like hell.. but pain goes away much quicker and i can sit on it at the end of the day im looking for protec ips knees/shin. any idea on it? will it cover enough the shin area?
Wrongday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
crsv619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 96
Default

if it were me, i would not sleep well at night until i went back and successfully hit the box. haha.
crsv619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 32
Default

how is the injurie healing on your side? Mine was a small bump.. but i got some "swelling" (is that how you say it in english?" all over the shin. It goes off when i sleep.. and at the end the day, after ending my job, it comes back. I now have a small hole where its bleeding (not much) over time, i keep a bandage over it. Its not that painfull.. just like.. an annoying pain. Should i keep going or should i see the doc? (i think its just a bump.. but who knoes? )
Wrongday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums