Gonna sue the online retailer. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Talking Gonna sue the online retailer.

Na I'm kidding but I am pissy at myself.

Years ago I had a major tail bone slam on the ice, I'm talking donut sit for weeks kinda slam. Since then I still get ass aches when I sit for a long time, so naturally I am a bit hesitant to fall on my ass again.

So I bought some demon skin protective shorts from a certain retailer along with a helmet that I tried on locally.

I make the order beginning of this month. I wait 3 days, no ship. I contact them via chat and they say it's shipping that day, I'll get an update soon.

3 more days and nothing. Contact again and they say it's going to ship that day for sure. THEN I notice the helmet in my cart has changed colour!

Turns out even though they have this helmet listed in stock, it's not and it is backordered so without saying anything they just put a completely different colour in my basket.
Naturally I complain about this.
Now the good... they apologize and give me 50% off the wrong colour helmet (which I am going to sell btw, Smith Holt Park in black if anyone is interested). Also they price match some wrist guards I ordered as well. Ok I am appeased somewhat.

However now this priority shipping is taking forever, and today I went up no helmet and no butt pad, but the snow was AWESOME couple inches of fresh.

First run I do a 180 into switch faster than I should have and catch my egde and boom! Slam my head and ass into the ground. Toque flys off and the lens came off my POC lobs, lol. My B/f was a ways down as he didn't see me fall, so he's like 300 ft down the hill and I am rolling in agony, I sit up and start punching the ground.

Well now my ass is sore but I get up and keep going. I am worried this is gonna get worse if I hit the tailbone again, I am not sure if it is normal or it is sensitive due to my past injury.

My loving b/f saw me with no toque, goggles and smashing the snow with my fist and he said he thought I was "digging for something I lost".

This is all this retailers fault. Damn you for making my ass ache.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Maybe it is all in your mind? Kind of like when you get a new car, you start noticing that car more. Since you smashed your tailbone to the extreme, you are now conciously worried that even a minor fall will make you need the dreaded 'donut' again?
MUTCHYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
FacePlant4Free's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East Coast, PA
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
Na I'm kidding but I am pissy at myself.

Years ago I had a major tail bone slam on the ice, I'm talking donut sit for weeks kinda slam. Since then I still get ass aches when I sit for a long time, so naturally I am a bit hesitant to fall on my ass again.

So I bought some demon skin protective shorts from a certain retailer along with a helmet that I tried on locally.

I make the order beginning of this month. I wait 3 days, no ship. I contact them via chat and they say it's shipping that day, I'll get an update soon.

3 more days and nothing. Contact again and they say it's going to ship that day for sure. THEN I notice the helmet in my cart has changed colour!

Turns out even though they have this helmet listed in stock, it's not and it is backordered so without saying anything they just put a completely different colour in my basket.
Naturally I complain about this.
Now the good... they apologize and give me 50% off the wrong colour helmet (which I am going to sell btw, Smith Holt Park in black if anyone is interested). Also they price match some wrist guards I ordered as well. Ok I am appeased somewhat.

However now this priority shipping is taking forever, and today I went up no helmet and no butt pad, but the snow was AWESOME couple inches of fresh.

First run I do a 180 into switch faster than I should have and catch my egde and boom! Slam my head and ass into the ground. Toque flys off and the lens came off my POC lobs, lol. My B/f was a ways down as he didn't see me fall, so he's like 300 ft down the hill and I am rolling in agony, I sit up and start punching the ground.

Well now my ass is sore but I get up and keep going. I am worried this is gonna get worse if I hit the tailbone again, I am not sure if it is normal or it is sensitive due to my past injury.

My loving b/f saw me with no toque, goggles and smashing the snow with my fist and he said he thought I was "digging for something I lost".

This is all this retailers fault. Damn you for making my ass ache.
Wait... what do you mean toque!?!? j/k
__________________
Park Pickle / GNU Chice

1
FacePlant4Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Well, that`s what you get for wearing a damn Tuque instead of a Beanie......

Okay, in all seriousness. I had a bad tailbone slam my third day of riding. Here, 7 years later, it still hurts like a bastard when I do a butt slam. I think the sensitivity and ache may be something that you get to live with. It goes away completely pretty soon, but when you do land hard, you can sort of feel it all over again.
haha ya you are probably right, its not too bad today, the whiplash is worse. I will still feel better about having some impact shorts. Tailbones seem to never heal.

Honestly I think the toque saved my life. If I would have been wearing a propeller it could have jammed into my skull.

Last edited by Jenzo; 11-30-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,314
Default

My hip still does weird clicky shit when I walk/hike long distances; overshot a jump, landed on the flat and washed out - Bam. Thankfully that seems to have been my worse SB injury, for the most part I just do a lot of ragdoll tumbles in the powder .
__________________
PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
My hip still does weird clicky shit when I walk/hike long distances; overshot a jump, landed on the flat and washed out - Bam. Thankfully that seems to have been my worse SB injury, for the most part I just do a lot of ragdoll tumbles in the powder .
I need to take up drinking again, I seem to slam instead of ragdoll
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
earl_je's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Keystone, CO
Posts: 826
Default

what the hell is a toque???
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 303
Default

man this TUQUE vs beanie argument seems to be coming up a lot lately eh?

I'm just waiting for someone to ask if riding the pet polar bear to school is faster then taking the bus......

Obviously no one on here would ever ask that though I hope! haha
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl_je View Post
what the hell is a toque???
haha... A toque or tuque:

tuque
[took, tyook]  
noun
a heavy stocking cap worn in Canada.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
earl_je's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Keystone, CO
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
haha... A toque or tuque:

tuque
[took, tyook]  
noun
a heavy stocking cap worn in Canada.
I was being sarcastic.. big thread about toque/beanie argument around here somewhere.
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums