worst crashes you've seen? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
Default

saw a guy try to 360 off a small lip and slam his face into the ground. He either bit his tongue/lip or busted his nose because there was a large red stain on the snow for quite some time lol.
Whoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
saw a guy try to 360 off a small lip and slam his face into the ground. He either bit his tongue/lip or busted his nose because there was a large red stain on the snow for quite some time lol.
This just reminded me of two bad falls I had when I was still a skier (under 10)... one of them I wiped out and my ski hit the side of my head above my ear. Left a 2" gash but no need for stitches as the skull is right there.

The other one was in the spring in Ontario riding on corn snow, I wiped out and my face hit the snow and it just tore it to shit. Blood everywhere, my dad took it in stride but my mom was freaking when I got home. I still snowboard with my dad 25 years later!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
Default

I wish i knew more people/had family i could go with. I dont mind boarding alone, but some company for the drive would be nice lol. Ive had 2 bad falls so far (bad as in i actually thought something might be damaged, ive fallen a lot haha).

First one was my second day snowboarding, one of the first runs of the morning we go up the vista express lift at Mt. Hood Meadows and go down the far right of the trails. I didnt realize there was a fairly steep decsent (for a beginner snowboarder, now it would be no problem) and was carrying too mu8ch speed through a flat, hit the hill and caught my heel edge while my toe edge was facing up the hill and whipped my head into the ground. I slid down the hill while my goggles and beanie stayed there. All because of this i wear a helmet, thought for sure i had a concussion.

Second crash was my first run after buying my own board. The board i learned on was rocker and i bought a cambered board (slight rocker in nose/tail) and after the first run right as i was nearing the lift, i stood up and stretched, caught my toe edge and went down hard. My arm was stretched out and i hit with my left shoulder overextending my rotator cuff. Boarded the rest of the day then went to Urgent Care and got some pain meds and a sling .
Whoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
I wish i knew more people/had family i could go with. I dont mind boarding alone, but some company for the drive would be nice lol. Ive had 2 bad falls so far (bad as in i actually thought something might be damaged, ive fallen a lot haha).

First one was my second day snowboarding, one of the first runs of the morning we go up the vista express lift at Mt. Hood Meadows and go down the far right of the trails. I didnt realize there was a fairly steep decsent (for a beginner snowboarder, now it would be no problem) and was carrying too mu8ch speed through a flat, hit the hill and caught my heel edge while my toe edge was facing up the hill and whipped my head into the ground. I slid down the hill while my goggles and beanie stayed there. All because of this i wear a helmet, thought for sure i had a concussion.

Second crash was my first run after buying my own board. The board i learned on was rocker and i bought a cambered board (slight rocker in nose/tail) and after the first run right as i was nearing the lift, i stood up and stretched, caught my toe edge and went down hard. My arm was stretched out and i hit with my left shoulder overextending my rotator cuff. Boarded the rest of the day then went to Urgent Care and got some pain meds and a sling .
so many bad experiences on your snowboarding firts, respect for not throwing it away after all that
and for boarding the rest of the day after getting beat up that bad...either brave or crazy, i think
Lcdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,314
Default

Was riding with a group of guys under the chairlift and two of the guys smacked into each other, sending one guy into a lift-pole where he basically sideways T-Boned the thing and snapped the tip of his board. Thankfully he didn't get any injuries, but it was intense to watch.
__________________
PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 311
Default

I have a few that only pictures can describe...






and the bread winner.. check out dufus on skis..

onel0wcubn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcdel View Post
so many bad experiences on your snowboarding firts, respect for not throwing it away after all that
and for boarding the rest of the day after getting beat up that bad...either brave or crazy, i think
im a miser with a high pain tolerance, no way i was going to pack up and leave after just driving there then buying a lift ticket haha. Also, after having a few kidney stones, everyday aches and pains dont really hurt, just make me stiff.
Whoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
im a miser with a high pain tolerance, no way i was going to pack up and leave after just driving there then buying a lift ticket haha. Also, after having a few kidney stones, everyday aches and pains dont really hurt, just make me stiff.
+1 to the kidney stone! I still have my percocets from that experience. Saving them at the ready in case I feel another stone. That's the only time I ever called 911 in my life, I thought I was going into anaphylactic shock or something!

I've snowboarded with torn rotator cuffs, chest muscle bruises (hurts a wee bit), etc. just keep the advil flowing!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
+1 to the kidney stone! I still have my percocets from that experience. Saving them at the ready in case I feel another stone. That's the only time I ever called 911 in my life, I thought I was going into anaphylactic shock or something!

I've snowboarded with torn rotator cuffs, chest muscle bruises (hurts a wee bit), etc. just keep the advil flowing!
i went into anaphylactic shock once after i received an allergy injection, so scary! I have a disease called cystinuria, which means my kidneys do not filter cystine or taurine. Therefore, it can build up and form stones 1000 times harder than calcium stones >.<. Thankfully ive only had them about 4 times, but my sister has had to have surgeries almost every year for them since she was about 5.
Whoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
i went into anaphylactic shock once after i received an allergy injection, so scary! I have a disease called cystinuria, which means my kidneys do not filter cystine or taurine. Therefore, it can build up and form stones 1000 times harder than calcium stones >.<. Thankfully ive only had them about 4 times, but my sister has had to have surgeries almost every year for them since she was about 5.
The one time I've had a stone so far, I was sitting on the couch after dinner, and I had my legs beside me with my elbow propping me up. I thought I was getting a cramp in my side so I sat up and stretched and thought nothing of it. But then it got worse and worse really fast, I went into my bed and was rolling around trying to find a position that didn't feel like a knife poking through my abdomen. Luckily my mom had come to visit that night and she got 911 on the phone, by the time they showed up the first pain wave had gone and I made it to the hospital as the next wave was hitting.

I actually didn't feel it leave, just felt it move to my blader. Now I have a glass or two of cranberry juice once a week whether I like it or not!

Is there no treatment available for you other than surgery? I can't imagine having stones multiple times and knowing it was only a matter of time until the next. Mine was the size of about 3 grains of sand stuck together. Who knew something so tiny could be so painful!?!

So yeah, I think I understand you could probably snowboard with a broken leg and not feel it!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums