Burton Custom or Forum Seeker - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Linkan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Burton Custom or Forum Seeker

Hi everyone, i'm from Argentina.. and i'm gonna buy right know a new board, searching i decided this boards. I will buy it in 156cm. I use burton Cartel bindings size L, and boots 10.5 US. I'm almoust 5.9 feets (177cms) and i'm not heavy, i weigh 67kg..

Well, if anyone can help me to decide it, i'll be really glad.
Or recommend me another board (allmountain please).
Thank you very much guys.
Greetings from Argentina
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
13rian
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

custom, (its my fav board)
rome agent (is soft allmoutain board)
rome anthem (stiff all moutain board)
option franchise (really good board)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
DennisK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

can't go wrong with the custom
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,477
Default

i'd take a sansalone/franchise over a custom any day
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
VinXXX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Neither. Dunno about Forum, but my experience with Burton was a joke.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
VinXXX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkan View Post
Hi everyone, i'm from Argentina.. and i'm gonna buy right know a new board, searching i decided this boards. I will buy it in 156cm. I use burton Cartel bindings size L, and boots 10.5 US. I'm almoust 5.9 feets (177cms) and i'm not heavy, i weigh 67kg..

Well, if anyone can help me to decide it, i'll be really glad.
Or recommend me another board (allmountain please).
Thank you very much guys.
Greetings from Argentina
Dunno how much Cartels cost in Argentina, but I have a set of Large ones I rode on 3 times that i'm selling.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
zackoz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

156 would be to big i think, i have a custom ics with est cartels. i ride the 151. I am 70kg and 175cm, but am a size 9boot (size 8 w/Ion boot footprint)

The custom is fantastic, my favourite board, much better board than the forum
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
DennisK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinXXX View Post
Neither. Dunno about Forum, but my experience with Burton was a joke.
Forum is a burton owned company, just because you had bad experience with a certain Burton binding doesn't make the rest of their shit bad.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
VinXXX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
Forum is a burton owned company, just because you had bad experience with a certain Burton binding doesn't make the rest of their shit bad.
Burton, in my opinion, is all hype aimed at the "cool" image of snowboarding. If you want true performance, you have to look beyond the "cool" brands. Cartels are flimsy, and Burton's tech does not provide enough torsional rigidity in all their boards. Elan, Atomic, Volkl, Nidecker, F2, Salomon, K2, Head, Rossignol, all make product worthy of comparison and research when deciding on which board to buy. But nooooooooo gotta be cool and get a Burton, Rome, Technine, Forum, etc... In my opinion, Burton is garbage. But if it works for you rock on. Sure, some of the latter brands I've mentioned have original tech as well, but you can't compete with a company like Volkl or Rossignol that's been around for 50+ years. BTW what's your take on Capita boards?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
B.Gilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinXXX View Post
Burton, in my opinion, is all hype aimed at the "cool" image of snowboarding. If you want true performance, you have to look beyond the "cool" brands. Cartels are flimsy, and Burton's tech does not provide enough torsional rigidity in all their boards. Elan, Atomic, Volkl, Nidecker, F2, Salomon, K2, Head, Rossignol, all make product worthy of comparison and research when deciding on which board to buy. But nooooooooo gotta be cool and get a Burton, Rome, Technine, Forum, etc... In my opinion, Burton is garbage. But if it works for you rock on. Sure, some of the latter brands I've mentioned have original tech as well, but you can't compete with a company like Volkl or Rossignol that's been around for 50+ years. BTW what's your take on Capita boards?


Love Burtons soft good myself. Most of your reasoning on why Burton is crap sounds like an opinion. Course Burton has been around the longest of most of the snowboard companies. So they do have a history. Course I do not care about what name is on my board I choose boards for what appeals to me.

The customs have a very good rep about and everyone seems to love them. From what I have gleamed about Forum is that they have been using the name to sell some off the lower tech boards at a lower cost. Not to say Forums are built any worse just they are on the lower end of the tech spectrum. Trying to keep Burtons boards as a premium brand.

And for Capita boards I love my B D I. Has good construction and the infused base does hold wax a day or two longer. Prefer to ride my Capita over my Atomic but the Atomic comes out more when I am expecting bad ice conditions.
__________________
The season is almost upon us!!!!


www.facebook.com/Gillyssnowboardshop
B.Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums