Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboard Reviews (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboard-reviews/)
-   -   bataleon riot chattering? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboard-reviews/15304-bataleon-riot-chattering.html)

snowboardin2137 04-05-2009 05:32 PM

bataleon riot chattering?
 
has anyone heard of or had experience with the bataleon riot chattering at high speeds? because i might use this as my race board next year and cant have it chattering

Gnarly 04-06-2009 09:27 AM

Why are you going to get a Riot for a race board? If I were using a Bataleon for racing, I'd look at the Enemy - maybe the Jam - and nothing else in their lineup.

snowboardin2137 04-06-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnarly (Post 152967)
Why are you going to get a Riot for a race board? If I were using a Bataleon for racing, I'd look at the Enemy - maybe the Jam - and nothing else in their lineup.

ok, but i wont get the enemy cause the grapgics are just the worst, and ill consider the jam, but would the riot be ok for racing?

RidePowder 04-06-2009 10:14 AM

Ive got a sick enemy I could do 250 for

snowboardin2137 04-06-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidePowder (Post 152984)
Ive got a sick enemy I could do 250 for


your selling it?

Gnarly 04-06-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowboardin2137 (Post 152972)
ok, but i wont get the enemy cause the grapgics are just the worst, and ill consider the jam, but would the riot be ok for racing?

Who cares about the graphics? The top sheet can have a picture of a steeming pile of dog crap for all I care. If you are buying a board for the graphics, you're buying it for all the wrong reasons.

Enemy is super stiff, freestyle TBT (even less of the base touching the snow than the Riot = faster) & sintered base = fast as hell.

snowboardin2137 04-06-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnarly (Post 153003)
Who cares about the graphics? The top sheet can have a picture of a steeming pile of dog crap for all I care. If you are buying a board for the graphics, you're buying it for all the wrong reasons.

Enemy is super stiff, freestyle TBT (even less of the base touching the snow than the Riot =
faster) & sintered base = fast as hell.



i defininately am not buying for just graphics but i cant ride a board all day with a huge smiley face.

snowboardin2137 04-06-2009 04:53 PM

ok, the enemys graphics arent that bad nvm, but i have heard that if you are intermediate, it will be really hard to ride and that is for advanced only, but would it still be good for me?

Gnarly 04-06-2009 05:45 PM

At 5'3" and 100 pounds, the Enemy is much too big for you. The best bet is probably the Goliath 149. Should be able to get a couple years out of that board before you outgrow it. And even then, you can always keep it around as your jib stick/rock board.

You gotta figure that you are going to grow - maybe a lot - in the next few years. So while it would save you some $$ to get a monster board now, you are going to hate it and you will probably not be able to control it worth crap. Why not spend an extra $250 to ensure you progress/have fun for the next few years, and then when you outgrow the Goliath 149, buy something else.

DiamondCarver 04-06-2009 05:52 PM

You've mentioned yourself as a begginer in many other threads, and now you're racing??


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2