Best Audio in a helmet??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
jmccord
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Best Audio in a helmet???

Ive been looking around for helmets and everyone has there own take on audio. Some say that theirs lack in bass, or doesnt go loud enough. For me, Im looking for the best quality audio that I can blast my music to. Any complaints or suggestions???
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,477
Default

get a good pair of canalphones instead
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Kanilas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
get a good pair of canalphones instead
QFT.

Helmet audio is waaaaay overrated. Just run a pair of head/ear/canal phones out the collar of your jacket, and wear them like normal.
Kanilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,371
Default

If you have to have Helmet Audio, even though I'm on the biggest fan or RED, one of their helmets has Skullcandy Skullcrusher speakers, plenty loud and plenty o'bass.

But I second the standard headphone thing, check out siegeaudio.com, or some Skullcandy Asyms. Siege was started by Kooley, Jones, Walker, and Huot. They have the most bass of any earbuds I have ever owned.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Augie09
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
If you have to have Helmet Audio, even though I'm on the biggest fan or RED, one of their helmets has Skullcandy Skullcrusher speakers, plenty loud and plenty o'bass.

But I second the standard headphone thing, check out siegeaudio.com, or some Skullcandy Asyms. Siege was started by Kooley, Jones, Walker, and Huot. They have the most bass of any earbuds I have ever owned.
I have a pair of those Skullcandy RED helmet speakers in white for sale (PM me if interested), but have yet to post them since I am slacking. They were used once, definitely loud enough, but my big ass ears got sore being 'pinned' under the speakers all day, since the ear covers with speakers in them are less conforming to your ear than ear covers without.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie09 View Post
I have a pair of those Skullcandy RED helmet speakers in white for sale (PM me if interested), but have yet to post them since I am slacking. They were used once, definitely loud enough, but my big ass ears got sore being 'pinned' under the speakers all day, since the ear covers with speakers in them are less conforming to your ear than ear covers without.
Yup, the speakers are nice, but the pads are definately less comfortable with the speakers inside...luckily it doesnt effect me too much.
You need to make sure when your selling them that you say what year helmet they are for..RED changed their clip technology for last years helmets to a newer one..so older earpads wont clip into them and vice versa...guess how i know
__________________
'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Augie09
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Yup, the speakers are nice, but the pads are definately less comfortable with the speakers inside...luckily it doesnt effect me too much.
You need to make sure when your selling them that you say what year helmet they are for..RED changed their clip technology for last years helmets to a newer one..so older earpads wont clip into them and vice versa...guess how i know
I knew I should of done this a year ago, they are definitely the older clip model then. They fit my red helmet from 07/08.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums