Bataleon ET/Airobic flex? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 04:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,123
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurl3y182 View Post
im expecting the airobic to be a wet noodle strictly for buttering, jibs, and fooling around.
Yup, I picked one up for this season specifically for that.
__________________
15 LibTech TRS HP . 15 NS Snowtrooper . 15 NS Ripsaw . 13 Salomon Pow Snake
15 Now Drive . 14 Now Drive
14 Flow Hylite
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkingery View Post
Have you ridden an ET and airobic? if you have, is the flex difference huge between the two?
Have only ridden the Airobic and the Riot. IMO, the main reason to get an ET is the sintruded base. Unless you weigh a ton, the Airobic will work decently well for the whole mountain. I weigh 215lbs and have no problem riding it on greens/blues/blacks/moguls etc. It is a noodle, but it's not a POS when you take it outside the park.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
Have only ridden the Airobic and the Riot. IMO, the main reason to get an ET is the sintruded base. Unless you weigh a ton, the Airobic will work decently well for the whole mountain. I weigh 215lbs and have no problem riding it on greens/blues/blacks/moguls etc. It is a noodle, but it's not a POS when you take it outside the park.
How much of a difference does the sintruded base make compared to what the airobic has? I really don't know much about the different bases. And what size would you recommend I get? I'm definitely smaller than you, 5'7 155 pounds. Definitely either the 147 and 151, not sure which though. Thanks for all your help man
mtkingery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkingery View Post
How much of a difference does the sintruded base make compared to what the airobic has? I really don't know much about the different bases. And what size would you recommend I get? I'm definitely smaller than you, 5'7 155 pounds. Definitely either the 147 and 151, not sure which though. Thanks for all your help man
The base makes a HUGE difference IMHO. The extruded base isn't meant to hold wax, so after a couple runs, the wax is all gone on an extruded base, so the edges start to drag. Depending on your wax and the snow conditions, the same thing will eventually happen on a sintered or sintruded base, but it will take much, much longer. When the edges get dry and you start to drag when you are on edge, it sucks!

Size - totally depends on what you want the board to do. For more jib oriented, I'd get the 147. For more all mtn, get the 151.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
The base makes a HUGE difference IMHO. The extruded base isn't meant to hold wax, so after a couple runs, the wax is all gone on an extruded base, so the edges start to drag. Depending on your wax and the snow conditions, the same thing will eventually happen on a sintered or sintruded base, but it will take much, much longer. When the edges get dry and you start to drag when you are on edge, it sucks!

Size - totally depends on what you want the board to do. For more jib oriented, I'd get the 147. For more all mtn, get the 151.
Hey if you have any more reviews on the FUN KINK usa I would love to hear what you think about it. I ride park 95% of the time since I work in one and spend 65% of my time jibbin around and on rails, the other 35% on jumps. I've been going back and forth between the ET 55, airobic 55 and the Fun Kink USA 53. I think I'm leaning more towards the Funkink. I'm 146lbs and 5'11. Thanks for any reviews. Ohh yeah Last year I got a proform but this year I can't get a reply back from them about one. If anyone knows how I could get in contact with them that would be great. Thanks. Or they might just be cutting back on proforms this winter.
pngboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hurl3y182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 02115
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pngboarder View Post
Hey if you have any more reviews on the FUN KINK usa I would love to hear what you think about it. I ride park 95% of the time since I work in one and spend 65% of my time jibbin around and on rails, the other 35% on jumps. I've been going back and forth between the ET 55, airobic 55 and the Fun Kink USA 53. I think I'm leaning more towards the Funkink. I'm 146lbs and 5'11. Thanks for any reviews. Ohh yeah Last year I got a proform but this year I can't get a reply back from them about one. If anyone knows how I could get in contact with them that would be great. Thanks. Or they might just be cutting back on proforms this winter.
Ive rode my new funkink usa for 3 days now. and in my opinion, with the FSTBT the feel of a triplebase board is alot more aggressive, that could be a good thing and bad. It took few runs to get used to it but once you get the feel, its smooth sailing from there on out.

Also the flex seems a bit softer than the 2008-9 funkink. it butters like a champ but not so much that you can fold the thing in half. as for rails and jibs, i think its great compared to the eviltwin, even with the smaller flat base it was easy to lock into 50-50s or even nose resses.

the board has a fair bit of pop too. not as much as the ET but considering the flex of the board its not bad at all.
i wasnt able to try out any kickers seeing its too early in the season

the only problems ive ran into with the board is the sidewall. after a day of riding i noticed that there was a puncture along the back toeside edge. whether it was from a rail, a skier behind me in the lift line, or bumping boards on the lift (im goofy all my friends are regs) im not sure, but it was repairable so its no fault to bataleon.



as for the proform, i just emailed their USA contact and i got a reply within a week (back in august). They could be cutting back now, but its anyones guess...
Hurl3y182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurl3y182 View Post
the only problems ive ran into with the board is the sidewall. after a day of riding i noticed that there was a puncture along the back toeside edge. whether it was from a rail, a skier behind me in the lift line, or bumping boards on the lift (im goofy all my friends are regs) im not sure, but it was repairable so its no fault to bataleon.
Could this be a quality issue? I was thinking of picking up a Aerobic this season just to F around with but given that my current board has been bumped, banged and crushed and never produced a puncture, I'm kinnda worried.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurl3y182 View Post
in my opinion, with the FSTBT the feel of a triplebase board is alot more aggressive, that could be a good thing and bad.
Personally, I didn't like the FSTBT. It felt way different than the Twin TBT that I was used to and even though I rode it for a few hours, I could never get used to it.

As for quality issue - I've got 20+ days on my Riot and 10 days on the Airobic and have never had a problem with either.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
Default

mmmmmm....well I would prefer to have twin, thats what I'm used to. Thats the only thing I don't like about the funkink and the ET does not come in a 53. Maybe I could step down to a 51 ET and that would be small but what I'm looking for. I normally ride a 55. What about FSTBT stuck out the most to you that you didn't like? Thanks for some great reviews guys.
pngboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums