Can I buy this equipment? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Resident Snowman
 
aiidoneus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 585
Default

My first board was the Flow Merc. For the price, it was a great first board (I only paid about $200 CAD). It has a good edge hold, and is very forgiving. It does not handle high speed very well, but that isn't surprising as it is quite soft. The other downside is the sidewalls suck. Between park, trees, and people on the lift the sidewalls are a disaster.

If you plan on boarding only a few days out of each season, it is probably fine. But if you end up really enjoying boarding, you will want to replace the Merc pretty early on.
aiidoneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiidoneus View Post
My first board was the Flow Merc. For the price, it was a great first board (I only paid about $200 CAD). It has a good edge hold, and is very forgiving. It does not handle high speed very well, but that isn't surprising as it is quite soft. The other downside is the sidewalls suck. Between park, trees, and people on the lift the sidewalls are a disaster.

If you plan on boarding only a few days out of each season, it is probably fine. But if you end up really enjoying boarding, you will want to replace the Merc pretty early on.
Finaly, a man who know about that board something, thank you, I already bought it, but if I won't like her not a problem to sell it
mznqLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Resident Snowman
 
aiidoneus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mznqLT View Post
Finaly, a man who know about that board something, thank you, I already bought it, but if I won't like her not a problem to sell it
I think you will be happy with it as your first board. Personally buying an intro board first isn't a bad idea. You could spend all your money on a park board and hate park ...this way, after boarding for a bit you will know what you want in a board.
aiidoneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiidoneus View Post
I think you will be happy with it as your first board. Personally buying an intro board first isn't a bad idea. You could spend all your money on a park board and hate park ...this way, after boarding for a bit you will know what you want in a board.
Haha, I snowboarded with such old board, that I think, that this board will be perfect for me
mznqLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums