Skull Candy: I Should Have Listened - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
chrisbryan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc.yaj View Post
It's all preference bro, I love mine and If I lost them today I'd get a new pair that same day.
Well I'm not gonna hate on that... Whatever makes you happy
chrisbryan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
AcroPhile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 922
Default

UPDATE (or the lack of one)

Had a terrible time trying to get in touch with their warranty people and at the end of the day I was not one step closer to getting them to fulfill their warranty then I was at the beginning of the day. Here's how my day went:

Step 1. I was smart enough to register my product the same day I bought it just incase something like this happened. Since then I have been getting the occasional email from them including a confirmation email for registering. So yesterday I go to log on to initiate the warranty process and It won't let me log in. Hmmmm

Step 2. Ok, so that didn't work so I decided to try to re-register and get a new login and password. Maybe this will work this time. I spend a few minutes filling out their form with all the standard information (name, email address, password, etc...). I hit the submit button. This time bold red writing informs me that my email address is invalid. WTF does that mean?

Step 3. I'm starting to get frustrated now so now it's time to call the customer service people. I call their Park City, UT phone number and after listening to to their touch tone menu (half of which is explaining that you can go online to their website for all the info you need ), I then proceed to spend a few minutes on hold. The chick that answered was nice enough I guess. I explain to her my situation, she checks on her computer and is not finding my email address in their system even though I have been consistently getting emails from them every couple of weeks. She then says that she will create an online account for me and I will get an email with an auto-generated password. I wait and wait and wait. It never comes!! Shocking! By the time I decided I have waited a fair amount, I couldn't call back because they were closed.
AcroPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,314
Default

Sounds like typical customer (dis)service to me. The strategy is to drag the conversation around in circles long enough, that you will accept a solution from them that never happens.
__________________
PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroPhile View Post
I went ahead and purchased a pair Skull Candy Agent headphones against everyones advice. It was on a whim one day when I left my usual pair of riding headphones at home and decided I needed to have some music to listen to. I did my research, talked to people, and read the reviews beforehand so I should have known what I was getting myself into, but I liked the way they looked (don't laugh) and this was the perfect opportunity to purchase them. Sure enough, 2 months after making the purchase they break! Now the right headphone keeps cutting in and out. I'm going to try to get in touch with their warranty people tomorrow to see if they can help me out. But for now, anyone thinking about buying a pair of skull candy headphones, you have been warned!

next time you should buy them from best buy. their warranty is pretty good. They will replace the headphones all the time.
skasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
,andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Sounds like typical customer (dis)service to me. The strategy is to drag the conversation around in circles long enough, that you will accept a solution from them that never happens.
The OP may have something wrong with his head. Skullcandy has warrantied every piece of equipment that I've sent in no questions asked, all while doing it in a timely professional matter. And honestly, if your goin to bitch about how bad their warranty menu is, life's a bitch. I'd much rather wait two minutes to talk instead of not get my headphones warrantied and be fucked in the ass. It's worth it all the way.
,andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
,andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 379
Default

Also, it sounds like the OP is at fault here. Everything I've heard him complain about is all attributed to human error. Also, it's clear to me now that none of you know what the fuck you're talking about. Don't bitch about the build quality of the headphones if you don't know the backstory of manufacturing them as well. Just a little lesson, almost ALL headphones made in china are the same. The manufacturer has a list of options and specs for the buds/headphones and the company chooses what they want, And then puts their name on it and markets it as their own shit. So saying your Koss or Sony shit is better is all in your head.
,andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 6,191
Default

Somebody is all butthurt we're making fun of his overhyped, overpriced Ed Hardy looking headphones...

If they're all the same then why are you paying for SK's marketing via their ridiculous mark up?
__________________
"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
chrisbryan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ,andreas View Post
Also, it sounds like the OP is at fault here. Everything I've heard him complain about is all attributed to human error. Also, it's clear to me now that none of you know what the fuck you're talking about. Don't bitch about the build quality of the headphones if you don't know the backstory of manufacturing them as well. Just a little lesson, almost ALL headphones made in china are the same. The manufacturer has a list of options and specs for the buds/headphones and the company chooses what they want, And then puts their name on it and markets it as their own shit. So saying your Koss or Sony shit is better is all in your head.
You my friend have had absolutely nothing helpful or educational to say... I am now convinced that when it comes to audio equipment YOU have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about if you think skullcandy products are of quality. What we are simply saying is that skullcandy headphones might be decent if they carried a price tag 1/4 of what they actually are... However they charge WAY too much for the product that they sell... I am not complaining, because I have tested their headphones and have chosen to put my money elsewhere. Now if somebody were to repeat the mistake by purchasing sk products repeatedly, and expect a different result then yes... I would have zero sympathy for the buyer, and I think that OP has learned this lesson.

Now onto your point about the "backstory" on production of products. Just because many products are constructed in foreign countries does not mean that they are all of equal quality. For instance, sk headphones are manufactured in China, as are sony'. However if you compare a set of headphones of equal price from each company there is a tremendous difference in both build quality, and sound quality. A $40 set of sony headphones with blow any set of sk' out of the water in both senses (so your argument is neither valid nor educated). So again we are not "bitching" about skullcandy, but simply advising people not to waste their money on sk products. They are WAY overpriced for the quality you get.

I think I can speak for everybody else here in saying please, if you insist on coming back here and bringing negativity with you at least try to educate yourself first so that you do not sound completely ignorant.
chrisbryan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
,andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Somebody is all butthurt we're making fun of his overhyped, overpriced Ed Hardy looking headphones...

If they're all the same then why are you paying for SK's marketing via their ridiculous mark up?
I do not pay the MSRP for skullcandy headphones/earbuds, or any product of theirs for that matter. I repeatedly buy skullcandy because I have had absolutely ZERO trouble with their warranty. Although I shouldn't have to warranty things as much as I did, I'd much rather consistently have a new product and not pay for it, then to buy a new product over and over and over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbryan89 View Post
You my friend have had absolutely nothing helpful or educational to say... I am now convinced that when it comes to audio equipment YOU have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about if you think skullcandy products are of quality. What we are simply saying is that skullcandy headphones might be decent if they carried a price tag 1/4 of what they actually are... However they charge WAY too much for the product that they sell... I am not complaining, because I have tested their headphones and have chosen to put my money elsewhere. Now if somebody were to repeat the mistake by purchasing sk products repeatedly, and expect a different result then yes... I would have zero sympathy for the buyer, and I think that OP has learned this lesson.

Now onto your point about the "backstory" on production of products. Just because many products are constructed in foreign countries does not mean that they are all of equal quality. For instance, sk headphones are manufactured in China, as are sony'. However if you compare a set of headphones of equal price from each company there is a tremendous difference in both build quality, and sound quality. A $40 set of sony headphones with blow any set of sk' out of the water in both senses (so your argument is neither valid nor educated). So again we are not "bitching" about skullcandy, but simply advising people not to waste their money on sk products. They are WAY overpriced for the quality you get.

I think I can speak for everybody else here in saying please, if you insist on coming back here and bringing negativity with you at least try to educate yourself first so that you do not sound completely ignorant.
Yet again, you do not know what you are talking about. I just love the fact that you're talking out of you're ass and act like you know what you're talking about,because you touched the earbuds and said, "oh... DIFFERENT." http://gizmodo.com/#!5617200/the-sec...-cheap-earbuds

Last edited by ,andreas; 04-03-2011 at 08:33 AM.
,andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
chrisbryan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ,andreas View Post
I do not pay the MSRP for skullcandy headphones/earbuds, or any product of theirs for that matter. I repeatedly buy skullcandy because I have had absolutely ZERO trouble with their warranty. Although I shouldn't have to warranty things as much as I did, I'd much rather consistently have a new product and not pay for it, then to buy a new product over and over and over again.

Yet again, you do not know what you are talking about. I just love the fact that you're talking out of you're ass and act like you know what you're talking about,because you touched the earbuds and said, "oh... DIFFERENT." Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide
Well I'm sure that by posting that link you thought you were making a point when in fact if you read that article instead of doing a google search to prove me wrong you would realize that the subject matter covered in that article in fact reinforced what I was saying in the first place... That skullcandy headphones are cheaply made and are not a quality product. Which is exactly what we have been saying throughout this entire thread. If you are too lazy to read the article that YOU posted then let me quote it for you

"Turns out, all that variety can be misleading—particularly when you look at the lower end of the market. While the sheer number of options from companies like Skullcandy and Scosche may suggest otherwise, you are definitely not buying a unique sonic snowflake when you opt for the Asym Rasta IEMs."

Now before you say something dumb let me point out that i understand that the above mentioned headphones are not skullcandy' top of the line, but are still a $30 set of earbuds... Now for $30 you could buy a set of headphones from a reputable company such as V-moda or Sennheiser, and get a much better product. Everything we have been saying in this thread is that for the price you pay for SK' you could get a much better quality product, and your only argument is that all inexpensive headphones are the same which is absolutely not true, and yet again a statement that you have yet back up with actual proof or statistics. But thank you again for not being helpful at all in anything you have said. Oh and don't get mad. I am not trying to pull a "told you so", and if you provide an intelligent, valid argument then I will acknowledge that and give you credit.

So I will stand by my original statement in saying that skullcandy headphones are a sub par quality product, and if you wish to buy some much better quality headphones for a similar price check out v-moda, sennheiser, or the sony MDR line.
chrisbryan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums