Skull Candy: I Should Have Listened - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
,andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbryan89 View Post
Well I'm sure that by posting that link you thought you were making a point when in fact if you read that article instead of doing a google search to prove me wrong you would realize that the subject matter covered in that article in fact reinforced what I was saying in the first place... That skullcandy headphones are cheaply made and are not a quality product. Which is exactly what we have been saying throughout this entire thread. If you are too lazy to read the article that YOU posted then let me quote it for you

"Turns out, all that variety can be misleading—particularly when you look at the lower end of the market. While the sheer number of options from companies like Skullcandy and Scosche may suggest otherwise, you are definitely not buying a unique sonic snowflake when you opt for the Asym Rasta IEMs."

Now before you say something dumb let me point out that i understand that the above mentioned headphones are not skullcandy' top of the line, but are still a $30 set of earbuds... Now for $30 you could buy a set of headphones from a reputable company such as V-moda or Sennheiser, and get a much better product. Everything we have been saying in this thread is that for the price you pay for SK' you could get a much better quality product, and your only argument is that all inexpensive headphones are the same which is absolutely not true, and yet again a statement that you have yet back up with actual proof or statistics. But thank you again for not being helpful at all in anything you have said. Oh and don't get mad. I am not trying to pull a "told you so", and if you provide an intelligent, valid argument then I will acknowledge that and give you credit.

So I will stand by my original statement in saying that skullcandy headphones are a sub par quality product, and if you wish to buy some much better quality headphones for a similar price check out v-moda, sennheiser, or the sony MDR line.
I NEVER said that skullcandy makes a quality product, I merely said they have a wonderful warranty service and it keeps me buying them. Get it, smartypants? "A $40 set of sony headphones with blow any set of sk' out of the water" Just like I said, you don't know what you're talking about. They're all essentially the same thing. You're comparing two apples that are EXACTLY THE SAME, but one apple has a sticker that is black and costs $.50 and the other has a sticker that is white and costs $.20. You started arguing about something I had never mentioned.

Quote:
So again we are not "bitching" about skullcandy, but simply advising people not to waste their money on sk products. They are WAY overpriced for the quality you get.
I said that the OP was bitching about the warranty menu, and I NEVER mentioned ANY complaints you or anyone else was making, about the product itself.

Last edited by ,andreas; 04-03-2011 at 01:32 PM.
,andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
chrisbryan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ,andreas View Post
I NEVER said that skullcandy makes a quality product, I merely said they have a wonderful warranty service and it keeps me buying them. Get it, smartypants? "A $40 set of sony headphones with blow any set of sk' out of the water" Just like I said, you don't know what you're talking about. They're all essentially the same thing. You're comparing two apples that are EXACTLY THE SAME, but one apple has a sticker that is black and costs $.50 and the other has a sticker that is white and costs $.20. You started arguing about something I had never mentioned.
Ok I will say this... Pick yourself up a pair of the Sony MDR-XB series ear buds and compare the sound quality with an equal priced product from skullcandy. There is no comparison. They are on a different level of quality, but I understand why you would think the way you do when you don't have any personal experience, and you are basing what you say off of an artile you pulled offline. Before you argue with me check them out for yourself, because I can honestly say that I have given skullcandy headphones plenty of opportunities to prove me wrong and they keep failing when compared to the headphones I mentioned. I might also mention that I am not the only person say this. Many people that I have recommended headphones to (because they were upset with skullcandy) have agreed that there is absolutely no comparison.

But hey if you have had good luck with the skullcandy customer support then continue to give them your business. That is completely up to you, and as I said earlier in the thread it is all about what makes you happy. However I still encourage you to broaden your horizons and try some other headphones. You might just be surprised when you take a step away from skullcandy' pretty appearance.
chrisbryan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
,andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbryan89 View Post
Ok I will say this... Pick yourself up a pair of the Sony MDR-XB series ear buds and compare the sound quality with an equal priced product from skullcandy. There is no comparison. They are on a different level of quality, but I understand why you would think the way you do when you don't have any personal experience, and you are basing what you say off of an artile you pulled offline. Before you argue with me check them out for yourself, because I can honestly say that I have given skullcandy headphones plenty of opportunities to prove me wrong and they keep failing when compared to the headphones I mentioned. I might also mention that I am not the only person say this. Many people that I have recommended headphones to (because they were upset with skullcandy) have agreed that there is absolutely no comparison.

But hey if you have had good luck with the skullcandy customer support then continue to give them your business. That is completely up to you, and as I said earlier in the thread it is all about what makes you happy. However I still encourage you to broaden your horizons and try some other headphones. You might just be surprised when you take a step away from skullcandy' pretty appearance.
I said it before and I'll say it again, I buy skullcandy headphones purely based off of their warranty. I tried sony headphones and I can't say I was satisfied, mainly because I didn't get to try their earbuds. I'm an earbuds person, because I'm not bringing headphones to school. That's just dumb. I respect your opinion. My FMJ's were the best 20 dollars I ever spent, and blow any pair of sonys $50 and under out of the water. boom.(although, FMJ's DO retail for $80 so that may be why...)
,andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 367
Default

I use klipsch earbuds for everything. riding, sitting at home, on a plane, etc. They set me back about 70 bucks, and i've had em for 6 months now and they havent missed a beat (literally and figuratively. They have AMAZING sound quality). check em out, they're great riding earbuds

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE-.../dp/B001V9LPT4
__________________
-HodgePodge
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,806
Default

I'm just going to put this out here Andreas you're a fucking moron plain and simple. The OPs problem with his Skullcandies is typical in them as they use a hard wire that's cheap and when flexed it starts to break. I have warrantied THOUSANDS of these over the years in the various shops I've worked in. It is a common problem and their warranty isn't as good as it used to be. Used to be 100% coverage for shit like this now it's a 50% credit which is bullshit. It was not a user problem, it was not abuse, it was a fucking shitty made product.

As far as the actual warranty claim that bullshit is typical of a company that doesn't want to acknowledge they have a problem.

For the price there is way better out there and that's been stated. Now maybe if you'd remove your head from your ass and pull the shit out of your ears you might hear what is being said.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,314
Default

Based on that statement, why do most manufacturers use shitty wires and wire designs? I mean 95% of headphone failures are due to wires coming lose over time and losing contact, hence the volume cutting out. It's kinda ridiculous when you have to dump perfectly good headphones that just have loose/fucked up wires.
__________________
PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #37 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Based on that statement, why do most manufacturers use shitty wires and wire designs? I mean 95% of headphone failures are due to wires coming lose over time and losing contact, hence the volume cutting out. It's kinda ridiculous when you have to dump perfectly good headphones that just have loose/fucked up wires.
thats a great point. people at headphone companies should be researching ways of making their cables more durable rather than seeking the clearest highs and least interference and whatever. only "audiophiles" care about that kinda shit. we just need bulletproof headphones we can use to get our jam on on the mountain
__________________
-HodgePodge
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,378
Default

Skullcandy sucks balls at this point. I still have my Smokins from like year 3, but that's when they actually cared to make a good product. Even if they still had the 100% warranty, with the durability they provide now you'd have to be sending in headphones every 3 months.

We warranty their shit all the time.

Try Aerial7 or Siege. Hell even Nixon makes a better headphone.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 04-03-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #39 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
AcroPhile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Based on that statement, why do most manufacturers use shitty wires and wire designs? I mean 95% of headphone failures are due to wires coming lose over time and losing contact, hence the volume cutting out. It's kinda ridiculous when you have to dump perfectly good headphones that just have loose/fucked up wires.
This seems to be an OVERLY common problem with Skull Candy. 80-90% of people that I talked to had encountered the same problem. I'm going to try again with their warranty people on Monday morning.
AcroPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
chrisbryan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroPhile View Post
This seems to be an OVERLY common problem with Skull Candy. 80-90% of people that I talked to had encountered the same problem. I'm going to try again with their warranty people on Monday morning.
I hope they make this right and honor their warranty... If not I would speak with a rep and let them know that you will no longer purchase their products, and that you will inform everybody you can about their lack of customer service. That might encourage them to make things right. Good luck
chrisbryan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums