Should I buy Cap Straps? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gryfon19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Should I buy Cap Straps?

I'm considering adding cap straps to my Burton C16's. I'm really interested in seeing what people's opinions are of them good or bad. Also, does anyone have a pic or two of the cap straps on some bindings or in use? Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryfon19 View Post
I'm considering adding cap straps to my Burton C16's. I'm really interested in seeing what people's opinions are of them good or bad. Also, does anyone have a pic or two of the cap straps on some bindings or in use? Thanks.
i was using them yesterday and they were awesome. they were on the the rome targas though, and they aren't really cap straps, they are even better, they work both ways, over the top, or the material will conform around the toe of your boot if thats they way you want to use them.

but yea, the whole concept of the toe straps is nice, it puts your foot firmly in the back of the binding and keeps it there, and also keeps the front of your boot strapped down to the front of your binding like a traditional front binding strap.

Last edited by FrankDaTank089; 02-16-2008 at 04:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Erod
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i concur, i was using the convertible toe strap on the rome targas as well and i really liked it.

its not so much a noticeable difference as what you don't notice - i didn't detect a hint of heel lift the whole day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
edmontonsara
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryfon19 View Post
I'm considering adding cap straps to my Burton C16's. I'm really interested in seeing what people's opinions are of them good or bad. Also, does anyone have a pic or two of the cap straps on some bindings or in use? Thanks.
Im still learning to board, but I have caps and love them! I am taking lessons and my instructors have all commented that I have good bindings. I have boarded (if you could call it that) a few times in regular strap bindings, and click-ins, and I couldnt turn well AT ALL until the first time I rode after I bought my own gear. LOL, my first run on them was my first time riding all the way down the bunny hill without falling! I have technine bindings/board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NYCboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten island, NY
Posts: 673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDaTank089 View Post
i was using them yesterday and they were awesome. they were on the the rome targas though, and they aren't really cap straps, they are even better, they work both ways, over the top, or the material will conform around the toe of your boot if thats they way you want to use them.

but yea, the whole concept of the toe straps is nice, it puts your foot firmly in the back of the binding and keeps it there, and also keeps the front of your boot strapped down to the front of your binding like a traditional front binding strap.
Are the targas stiff? can they be used for both park and freeriding?
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboarder View Post
Are the targas stiff? can they be used for both park and freeriding?
ehh, i haven't gotten into park ridding yet, will get into it next time i go, but yea, like i said, you can adjust the stiffness of the main strap by diffrent foam inserts that are included with the binding.

if you are talking about the binding overall, I think its not to soft, but not to stiff. i have heard one or two people say the 390s were better for park and freestyle while the targas are better freeriding. I have never ridden the 390s, so i can't say much, but i do find it hard to believe that rome, a company based around jibbing and freestyle would make there preimer and most expensive bindings preforme anything less than superb in the park
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums