Help with New Gloves...
Hi guys, I've currently got an old pair of Burtons that have lasted for ages, but are now simply too torn and leaky to use on most days, so im looking at buying a new pair for the next Japanese season.
I would love to simply replace the pair i currently own, as they are the best gloves ive ever had...but sadly they dont seem to be made anymore, and ive got no idea what 'model' they are anyway.
Basically, my wishlist is as follows -
- Gloves. Dont like Mittens.
- Gore-tex (or equivalent)..i seem to always have my hands in snow for whatever reason, and by the end of the day, always end up damp...so i want maximum water proofing without resorting to Dishwashing gloves as "outers."
- Super-long Cuff. I hate gloves with short or no cuffs, like to be able to pull the cuffs well up over my jacket sleeve and tighten with a drawstring. My present pair are great, and the cuffs come about halfway up my forearm.
- Cincher. (like the Cuff, is another must)
- Durable finger and palm material. Present gloves have a really thick rubbery (pretty sure its rubber anyway) layer that is stitched into the palm, and all the way up the fingers, and another layer that comes over from just past the top knuckle down over the fingertip so you dont get that annoying "peel" effect when the stitches start pulling free on the ends of your fingers.
- Would like some kind of removable fleece inners so i can adjust the warmth depending on the conditions.
So to sumarise:
- Long Cuff
- Rubber fingers and palm
Not being too demanding am i? hehe.
While i would prefer not to pay tooooo much, im willing to spend a bit extra to get the features im after, and where i think the extra money is justified.