The Never Summer Review Forum - Page 8 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #71 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

I am so confused as to why this is still going on.
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #72 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 767
Default

$$$$$$$ Need I say more?
pdxrealtor is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #73 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
I am so confused as to why this is still going on.
Because...

Karpediem is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
BA -

You keep saying you don't have the time for this yet you keep coming back to post the same thing in regards to time. If you don't have the time then why are you here?

If it doesn't matter like you say it doesn't matter then move on. Get on with your daily duties and forget about it. After all your website/daily duties are far greater than this site!!! As you've so boldly pointed out.

The fact that you're still hear after not having time, repeatedly, shows what others have said and what I see.

You have a vested interest in not seeing this review team come to fruition!

From reading this entire thread I see, as what others....even noobs, have seen.

You have ulterior motives which are monetary. I don't fault you for it, at all.

However you need to understand that if it's not this play that cost you what you've spent the last several years building up it will be another.

Another play which you have no control over.

Then you WILL be forced to do what you should be doing in this situation and that is shifting with the paradigm.

Everyone in the self employed industry works hard to secure a money maker but everyone in that same industry who is self employed must work just as hard to to stay on top of their game and figure out a way to make themselves more valuable than the competition.

This, from what I can pick up, is where you are at.

Sure this time you might have the support of the forum leaders to help you through it but next time you won't. And if you have the passion I think you do you you better shape that shit up for the next time that a forum like this doesn't have your back.

I, like many other guys here, were looking forward to the NS reviews. I also know that the 'guy behind this' would not steer me wrong because he got free gear.

You sir (BA), cannot be blamed for protecting the empire that you've built. It is admirable.

But you can be blamed for being like every other corporate fuck stick whose rose from the bottom to the top.

Like I said above---- the idea might be dead on this forum but it will rise in another and the next time it does you might not have so much control.

I feel sorry for the people who are truly losing out here.........and no matter how hard anyone tries to tell me people are losing out because of the projected format I will never agree.
Personal vendetta much? Were you actually wringing your hands and cackling as you wrote this?
rfrich74 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #75 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
BA -

You keep saying you don't have the time for this yet you keep coming back to post the same thing in regards to time. If you don't have the time then why are you here?

If it doesn't matter like you say it doesn't matter then move on. Get on with your daily duties and forget about it. After all your website/daily duties are far greater than this site!!! As you've so boldly pointed out.

The fact that you're still hear after not having time, repeatedly, shows what others have said and what I see.

You have a vested interest in not seeing this review team come to fruition!

From reading this entire thread I see, as what others....even noobs, have seen.

You have ulterior motives which are monetary. I don't fault you for it, at all.

However you need to understand that if it's not this play that cost you what you've spent the last several years building up it will be another.

Another play which you have no control over.

Then you WILL be forced to do what you should be doing in this situation and that is shifting with the paradigm.

Everyone in the self employed industry works hard to secure a money maker but everyone in that same industry who is self employed must work just as hard to to stay on top of their game and figure out a way to make themselves more valuable than the competition.

This, from what I can pick up, is where you are at.

Sure this time you might have the support of the forum leaders to help you through it but next time you won't. And if you have the passion I think you do you you better shape that shit up for the next time that a forum like this doesn't have your back.

I, like many other guys here, were looking forward to the NS reviews. I also know that the 'guy behind this' would not steer me wrong because he got free gear.

You sir (BA), cannot be blamed for protecting the empire that you've built. It is admirable.

But you can be blamed for being like every other corporate fuck stick whose rose from the bottom to the top.

Like I said above---- the idea might be dead on this forum but it will rise in another and the next time it does you might not have so much control.

I feel sorry for the people who are truly losing out here.........and no matter how hard anyone tries to tell me people are losing out because of the projected format I will never agree.

I can honestly tell you that I know for a fact that BA wasn't even around the area when all this shit went down and doesn't have any ulterior motives like you are hinting at. I ride with the guy all the time and he called this a bad idea way before anything went down and told me personally that he was keeping out of it. It wasn't till after shit actually went down that he sent Snowolf a PM about whatever personal stuff they talked about. The thing everyone seems to be missing is that if BA never sent that PM this shit would still be full retard and it has nothing to do with BA.
__________________
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #76 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
I can honestly tell you that I know for a fact that BA wasn't even around the area when all this shit went down and doesn't have any ulterior motives like you are hinting at. I ride with the guy all the time and he called this a bad idea way before anything went down and told me personally that he was keeping out of it. It wasn't till after shit actually went down that he sent Snowolf a PM about whatever personal stuff they talked about. The thing everyone seems to be missing is that if BA never sent that PM this shit would still be full retard and it has nothing to do with BA.
I agree with this and wish SW and BA would kiss and make up already.
__________________
'12 NS Legacy 163
Days on snow 2014/2015 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 0
  • Boyne Mountain: 0
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 0
  • Caberfae Peaks: 0
  • Crystal Mountain: 0
  • Bittersweet: 0
sabatoa is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #77 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,434
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
The thing everyone seems to be missing is that if BA never sent that PM this shit would still be full retard and it has nothing to do with BA.
Exactly. Now I think BA is more than capable of defending himself. But maybe I learned my lesson last time when I thought "Maybe I should jump in and try and right this ship before it goes bonkers..." but like so many other veteran forum members, just sat idly by and watched the disaster unfold.

This was full blown shit show long before whatever private correspondence went down. BA had maybe 2 or 3 posts in that original thread -- all of which if I remember correctly were defending against accusations that Echelon "bought" reviews from him.

Until anyone presents evidence to the contrary, I have to assume that the decision to yank this NSDT concept was made irrespective of whatever he might've said in private.

Whether BA has some interest in preventing this sort of thing is beside the point. You could certainly argue that anyone who generates revenue in any manner, from web traffic, could be adversely affected by this concept - myself included - although if you saw my adsense checks you'd probably laugh. OTOH, it is also a great opportunity for others, provides a wealth of knowledge for the industry and the community, and also presents potential for future collaborations with (other) companies down the line, so I think on balance there's not really the incentive to sabotage this program that some people are claiming.
david_z is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #78 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,692
Blog Entries: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfrich74 View Post
Personal vendetta much? Were you actually wringing your hands and cackling as you wrote this?
Not funny and not appropriate. This is not the time for cheap shots.
__________________

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #79 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 10,868
Default

This thread has run it's course. There has been some pretty good feed back among the fighting. I think I know how we need to proceed with this, if we are given the chance.

Thanks guys.
killclimbz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums