What Company Makes the Best Snowboards, & Why? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 04:39 AM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,164
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBorN
As far as experience goes I don't have enough to make a call on that. However, as far as research goes and mean, LOTS of research... Burton hands down. Burton has a rule, everyone that works for Burton HAS to snowboard a certain amount of times for the year with burton boards for feedback. If it snows alot outside they close the plant down & snowboard. Burton is super involved with there work & people that work for them. There isnt one company that does stuff like that.
Ummm, yeah.

Not one company? Patagonia comes to mind outside of snowboarding. They encourage their employeess to go surfing on breaks. If it's really huge they go surfing. Unity closes up and goes snowboarding if it dumps in summit.
As far as development goes. Lib Tech is introducing and trying more new tech than anyone right now. Let's not forget. Burton put spinners on their boards which did absolutely nothing but look neat.
killclimbz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 06:02 AM
Senior Member
 
EverBorN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicagoland Area, IL
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz
Ummm, yeah.

Not one company? Patagonia comes to mind outside of snowboarding. They encourage their employeess to go surfing on breaks. If it's really huge they go surfing. Unity closes up and goes snowboarding if it dumps in summit.
As far as development goes. Lib Tech is introducing and trying more new tech than anyone right now. Let's not forget. Burton put spinners on their boards which did absolutely nothing but look neat.
I guess this turned into bash other people's posts instead of "Just curious what everyones opinion on it was" and for the spinner comment, hey why not? A company has to consider style as well as everything else that comes with making snowboards. Besides when your the best...you do what you want =)
EverBorN is offline  
post #13 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,164
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Just putting it out there that Burton is not the leader in research as you make them out to be. They have done a lot for the sport and have done a lot of underhanded things too. They make some decent product, but I can almost always find something at the same price that works better. Even their super light board the Vapor isn't the lightest board out there. Elan gets that honor.
killclimbz is offline  
post #14 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBorN
I guess this turned into bash other people's posts instead of "Just curious what everyones opinion on it was" and for the spinner comment, hey why not? A company has to consider style as well as everything else that comes with making snowboards. Besides when your the best...you do what you want =)
Sorry dude, but based on various things I've seen of you while wandering around on this forum (saying Burton bindings don't fit on non-Burton boards, comparing a Ride Decade to a Custom X based on conjecture, considering buying Burton Customs, picking up a Twin because it looks cool), I think it's safe to say that your research amounts to diddily squat. Burton makes some great gear and I have a lot of respect for them because they have remarkable advertising and a dominant marketshare in a competitive business, but there is no way that they are unequivocally make the best gear out there. If you had heavily ridden Burton's gear I'd respect your opinion as valid, but clearly you haven't.
kimchijajonshim is offline  
post #15 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
 
EverBorN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicagoland Area, IL
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did not buy a burton twin because it looks cool i'm not really sure where you even pulled that one out of your ass & burton customs are a totaly normal binding, just because some people dont want to pay $350 bucks does not mean I don't know about the product. the thread was about say why you think the company you pick, is the best. not one person pick one and if your WRONG in MY opinion BASH HIM Read things more carefully next time if you noticed on the thread about the burton bindings not fitting other boards I said "I HEARD THAT . . ." Never said I KNEW read more carefully please.

Last edited by EverBorN; 08-21-2007 at 03:05 PM.
EverBorN is offline  
post #16 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBorN
I did not buy a burton twin because it looks cool i'm not really sure where you even pulled that one out of your ass & burton customs are a totaly normal binding, just because some people dont want to pay $350 bucks does not mean I don't know about the product. the thread was about say why you think the company you pick, is the best. not one person pick one and if your WRONG in MY opinion BASH HIM Read things more carefully next time if you noticed on the thread about the burton bindings not fitting other boards I said "I HEARD THAT . . ." Never said I KNEW read more carefully please.
You seem to have mistaken debate for bashing. I am simply pointing out that your stance is very poorly argued. Burton's the best because you researched it online, not because you rode it? Again, the internet is a very poor research for information unless you know exactly where to look. Burton's the best because they encourage folks to snowboard? I know at least a few companies give their employees the day off when it dumps and they get a chance at a pow day. I suspect most of them do, at least the privately owned ones (Capita, Rome, etc.). The only difference is they don't publish useless press releases when they do it (zing!).

Anyway, I am contesting your argument and your general credibility of your advice, so understand that I'm not attacking you personally, nor is killclimbz. So please stop taking it as such. It's an internet forum and I try not to go out of my way to antagonize folks unnecessarily.
kimchijajonshim is offline  
post #17 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
 
Flick Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Beech Grove, Indiana *sigh*
Posts: 4,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll be the first one to throw it out there: Rome.

Clearly, since they are the only boards I have purchased, they are my favorite. I don't have much cash so I have to love a board to buy it. I think they have great style and their boards have always worked really well for me. I don't care much for their clothes, but that wasn't in the topic title, hehe. Anyways, my Anthem is a 2004 and still going strong and I hope my Design lasts even longer.
Flick Montana is offline  
post #18 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 04:49 PM
northern.no
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I like Unity Snowboards for making me my Origins - bombproof pieces of plank, carbon kevlar, vectran and fibreglass. Springy, strong f@cking sticks, built to stomp and to snap me back in place if I forget which stick I´m riding.

I like Capita Snowboards for making the Indoor/Outdoor series, serious fun sticks. Can take a lot of crap, and is a great snowboard to progress your style on. I hear other Capita sticks are good, too.

If I may mention bindings, too, I want to say Rome and Union. Both kick ass.
post #19 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,164
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I'll second Unity. The Dominion is year in and year out one of the funniest freeride boards I have ridden/demo'd.
Generally I gravitate towards the smaller companies. Neversummer, Unity, Rome, Venture, etc. They are not so geared towards mass production to the masses like Burton, K2, and so on.

EverBorN, I wasn't attacking you at all. I just disagreed with your statement about Burton. I pointed out other companies within and without the industry that do things you said specifically only Burton does. I apologize if you read it as an attack.
killclimbz is offline  
post #20 of 162 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 05:48 PM
banffbadass
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz
Ummm, yeah.

Burton put spinners on their boards which did absolutely nothing but look neat.

Come on, they didn't even look cool. I had to defend that shit all winter last year.
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome