Had a chance to swap boards with Pouts for couple runs yesterday. My impressions:
1. Super light. Barely feel the board at all.
2. Feels like there's a lot more surface area than I am used.
3. Pretty damp. I don't think it plows thru stuff the same way the kessler or raptor does, it glides over stuff more.
4. Great carver, glanced down and surprised to see the angle off the snow (heelside even,) since you don't feel that much edge pressure.
5. Very deceptive since it's so easy to lock into a turn, but to get out of the turn you do still need to make exact movements. Couple times I felt like I was out of the turn but the the board was still locked, almost ate shit. (This could also because of the narrower stance and less front toe angle than I am used to on the setup)
Overall I am pretty impressed with it, but think I need a day or two to get used to the way it rides (going up the LL platter and whitehorn is probably not ideal first run lol) The only thing I didn't like is the nose edge shape, feels like I always gonna catch on the grooved in hard snow tracks on the platter and drop in point on whitehorn.
“I train every day of my life as they have never trained a day in theirs.” – Alexander Karelin
Last edited by seriouscat; 01-20-2014 at 10:09 AM.