So im all stressed out..... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:56 PM
07gsxr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
So im all stressed out.....

I went to the local boardshop today to pick up my new board i had waxed and to pick out some new boots. After trying on a bunch of boots, i picked the 09 Burton Ruler. The only thing was my last snowboard boots were size 11 and the Ruler's are size 10. Well anyway the shop guy was checkin out my board / bindings (Burton Air / Customs Sz L) he said my bindings are likely going to be too big for my new boots. Anyways, im gonna be taking a trip here shortly and want to make sure im all set up. The Burton website says the Sz L bindings work with size 10 + boots.

Do you really think it is going to be that big of a deal?

I dont think he was trying to sell me some new bindings because he said i "should" be OK but might want to consider some size mediums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Senior Member
 
bobepfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure what kind of bindings you have but typically a size 10 is just fine for a size large binding.
bobepfd is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 12:20 AM
07gsxr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepfd View Post
I'm not sure what kind of bindings you have but typically a size 10 is just fine for a size large binding.
Burton Customs
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You should be fine...

Quote:
The vast majority of bindings in the industry come in three sizes:
Binding Size

Boot Size
Small

1-6 Juniors
1-6 Women

Medium

5-9 Men
5-10 Women

Large
Some Models

9-13 Men
9-15 Men

X-Large

12-15 Men
arsenic0 is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 AM
07gsxr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Cool thanks for the info
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Samyaksambuddhas
 
PaoloSmythe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Only British blaady Columbia!!!
Posts: 4,622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have size 10 cirro and medium sized cartels

they give me no stress

binders are so adjustable these days, they seem to allow for a lot of overlap




and cue Mr Avenger.....

Just coz you don't understand it
Doesn't mean it makes no sense!
PaoloSmythe is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:58 AM
Twix
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloSmythe View Post
i have size 10 cirro and medium sized cartels

they give me no stress

binders are so adjustable these days, they seem to allow for a lot of overlap




and cue Mr Avenger.....
From the mind of Mr. Avenger: Your boots and bindings are garbage! Throw them away and buy from a real company. Burton is the anti-Christ.

Sorry Mr. Avenger, I couldn't resist. Mr. Smythe threw up the alley-oop and I had to dunk it. No disrespect intended.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Samyaksambuddhas
 
PaoloSmythe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Only British blaady Columbia!!!
Posts: 4,622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
No disrespect intended.
aw don't say that! he loves that shit!

Just coz you don't understand it
Doesn't mean it makes no sense!
PaoloSmythe is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Twix
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I'll chime in with my two cents and agree with the previous replies. You won't have any problems with that setup.

Enjoy your new setup man.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Fallen Saint
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07gsxr View Post
I went to the local boardshop today to pick up my new board i had waxed and to pick out some new boots. After trying on a bunch of boots, i picked the 09 Burton Ruler. The only thing was my last snowboard boots were size 11 and the Ruler's are size 10. Well anyway the shop guy was checkin out my board / bindings (Burton Air / Customs Sz L) he said my bindings are likely going to be too big for my new boots. Anyways, im gonna be taking a trip here shortly and want to make sure im all set up. The Burton website says the Sz L bindings work with size 10 + boots.

Do you really think it is going to be that big of a deal?

I dont think he was trying to sell me some new bindings because he said i "should" be OK but might want to consider some size mediums.
Dude is just messing with you. My dogs ride in 10.5 DCs and I know they fit fine with my buddies burton L/XL bindings, just don't ask me which ones he uses lol
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome