Putting Danny Davis on Blast - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
I'll be there the weekend of the 21st and March 7th.

On topic, I'm with linville.
Cool, both are times I should be there.
__________________
'12 NS Legacy 163
Days on snow 2013/2014 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 14
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 550
Default

Ha, the fact that that article is on Bleacher Report was enough for me to stop reading about halfway down. BR sucks.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 1,803
Default

if you start with the 'giving back to snowboarding' shit you are sure to step on your dick, right or not danny can't talk..i really like him though but he needs to look in the mirror

CassMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 263
Default

I like Danny but if he thinks he's contributing to snowboardings growth that's kind of a joke. If he wants to be able to live off snowboarding somebody has to make it mainstream, otherwise no companies are gonna put sponsorship money in to it and expose it to the world. Kids have to get inspired to ride somehow and locking yourself in a cabin in the woods all winter and riding for yourself isn't gonna do that. We all wish it would but there needs to be exposure for there to be money in the sport and for new riders to emerge. Shaun is really one of the only people pushing that. Hating him for being the only person actually bringing snowboarding to the world is stupid. Seriously If white didn't exist how many households would even be able to know a snowboarder. There's your proof that snowboarding needs Shaun White.
lab49232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 6,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab49232 View Post
I like Danny but if he thinks he's contributing to snowboardings growth that's kind of a joke. If he wants to be able to live off snowboarding somebody has to make it mainstream, otherwise no companies are gonna put sponsorship money in to it and expose it to the world. Kids have to get inspired to ride somehow and locking yourself in a cabin in the woods all winter and riding for yourself isn't gonna do that. We all wish it would but there needs to be exposure for there to be money in the sport and for new riders to emerge. Shaun is really one of the only people pushing that. Hating him for being the only person actually bringing snowboarding to the world is stupid. Seriously If white didn't exist how many households would even be able to know a snowboarder. There's your proof that snowboarding needs Shaun White.
A lot of truth in this post too.
__________________
"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Around The Way
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassMT View Post
if you start with the 'giving back to snowboarding' shit you are sure to step on your dick, right or not danny can't talk..i really like him though but he needs to look in the mirror

Lol this dude just has the most punch-able face, especially with that mountain dew cap fixed atop that hillbilly grin.
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Lol this dude just has the most punch-able face, especially with that mountain dew cap fixed atop that hillbilly grin.
He's also one of the best snowboarders in the world and one of the most genuine guys you'll ever meet.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
tonicusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 740
Default

I love how the author basically called out Danny Davis for being a douche. He's just as big a poser with his long hair that he combs in every interview and his cliche Hendrix references and Martin guitar deal. Please dude you are not a member of Skynrd. You're another little kid dreaming of being a rock star and dressing up in your little costumes. Yours happens to be Woodstock and Shaun's Lollapalooza. Shut your mouth and ride you are a professional athlete and Im not interested in you for anything other than your snowboarding.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Around The Way
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
He's also one of the best snowboarders in the world and one of the most genuine guys you'll ever meet.
Great... He's also a massive hypocrite who calls out Shaun for doing the EXACT same things he's doing with the only difference being Shaun is doing it better.... so there's that, plus the extremely punch-able face.
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DiggerXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 130
Default

Stupid article. Moving on...
DiggerXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums