Get yourself 16 mates to come to Snowside festival this march and you'll get free entry to festival!
MARCH 23 – 29TH Nassfeld, Hermagor,
Snowside Home - Snowside Nassfeld - Carinthia winter vacation Austria family skiing Carinthia skiarea wintervacation
A lifetime of festival moments wrapped up in a week of Alpine Adventure….
**METRONOMY, SHY CHILD, VITALIC ADDED TO LINE-UP**
Live Metronomy, Shy Child, Infadels, Kissy Sell Out, Evil 9, A.Human, The Japanese Popstars, Slagsmalsklubben, Man Like Me, The Losers
DJ’s Vitalic (selector set), Kavinsky, Eddy TM, James Priestly DJ Fresh, TC, CTRL Z, Kris Menace, South Central, Qemists, Japanese Popsters Brookes Brothers, Matrix and Futurebound, Rhysmix, Breakfastaz, Stereo:Type, The Head Gardener, Visuals by Visionary Underground plus more artists to be announced
Brighton based dance trio Metronomy are one of the bands set to headline this year’s Snowside Festival. They join the likes of Shy Child, Infadels, Vitalic, Kissy Sell Out, Kavinsky, Eddy Temple Morris and Evil 9 on the Austrian slopes for a weekend of madcap alpine adventure and fun filled festival frolicks.
Conjure up all your favourite boutique festival shenanigans, drop them into the most stunning alpine scenery you're ever likely to see, add Gluehwein and Jagermeister-bombs and you’ll come close to what you can expect at Snowside Festival 2009. Taking place in the jewel of the Austrian Alps that is Nassfeld, between March 23rd- 29th ,Snowside makes its highly anticipated debut holding hands with two of the most innovative and exciting festival and clubbing communities in the UK, those of The Secret Garden Party and Eddy Temple Morris’s, The Remix.
For many thousands of tuned in listeners and loyal clubbers The Remix represents an inspiring musical feast served up by one the UK’s most influential tastemakers, Eddy Temple Morris. The Remix team have called in all the favours and pulled out all the stops to put together the most exiting European festival line-up in the 2009 calendar. Metronomy are a name on everyone’s lips at the moment having released one of the biggest albums of last year (‘Nights Out’) and remixing everyone from CSS to Roots Manuva. Joining Metronomy on the live stage are uber-cool New York band Shy Child as well as Evil 9, whose new album ‘They Live’ is out now and Radio 1 starlet Kissy Sell Out playing a full live set ahead of his debut album release in April. Expect a potent cocktail of Europe’s finest DJ’s including global electro super star Vitalic (who’s next studio album drops in March), French DJ extraordinaire and self-confessed 8o’s zombie Kavinsky, our very own Eddy TM and Secret Sundaze head honcho James Priestly to name a few.
Snowside is a small and intimate festival of only one thousand people however, the aim is to give each and every ‘Snowsider’ an incredible experience they will never forget as they become part of an exclusive and magical event for the very first time. Expect secret border crossing parties into Italy late into the night, moonlit lakeside jaunts, midnight skiing, spectacular shows and mysterious mountainside adventures! Add to that the most jaw-droppingly beautiful mountain-scapes in the Alps and you begin to understand why Snowside will not just galvanize the spirit of those seeking fun-fuelled adventure, but will bring a new and exciting way of partying in the Alps.
At the heart of Nassfeld lies the stunning Cube Hotel and hub of all Snowside activity. The Cube represents an incredible and totally unique facility in the region in terms of its accommodation, skiing/boarding accessibility, party and festival venue – an inspiring focal point for partying in Nassfeld. With packages starting from only £289 for self catering apartments and £329 for The Cube Hotel half board for the week Snowside represents a wonderful value for money festival and adventure experience.
The Secret Garden Party voted best small festival of 2008 at the recent UK Festival awards will be producing eccentric and colourful mountainside parties each night just over the border in ITALY! The late night frivolities and mad hatter goings on, very much a hallmark of SGP will all take place in an old WW1 military border crossing lookout post, complete with DJ in turret! The journey across the border each night will be a major highlight of the week, and will see the first Brits to cross that border in fancy dress since The Great Escape.
Fact file index
• The Cube Club – Fifteen hundred capacity venue split into two club rooms and a live room under the main Cube Hotel. Opening hours from 2300h to 0400h every night. Hosted by The Remix
• The Cube Hotel - (main hotel of Nassfeld and Snowside hub is a 640 capacity, modern hotel complex with a centrepiece glass atrium, restaurant and bars with flexible accommodation for 2/4/6 or 8 persons
• Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa – 160 double rooms plus suites and Spa complex including a stunning outdoor heated pool with a mountainside vista! Spend the week in the lap of luxury in this 4* plus luxury Spa hotel at the foot of the mountain. Or if you just fancy pampering yourself for the day, you can simply buy a pass!
• Military Base over the border into Italy. An old military border look out post set in an enchanted forest.
• Half Pipe Party Area – An area dedicated to the serious boarders. Lots of music, breathtaking slopes, Alpine Lodge and bars.
• Terrace Bar at The Cube – Open deck sessions featuring all the Snowside artists playing their favourite tunes between 1900h and 2200h each day.
• Après Ski Parties – Presented by the Secret Garden Party each day from 1500h to 1900h in a beautiful outdoor space with stunning mountainside vista. Expect incredible outdoor shenanigans from the maestros of partying themselves!
• Lakeside parties - Classical music, midnight skiing, nature trails and chill out zones hidden amongst the most picturesque resort in the Austrian Alps
• Nassfeld - Has over 220 snow making machines and the longest cable car of the entire Alps aptly named The Millennium Express which is 6,000 metres in length and climbs 1,309 metres. Thoroughly modern hi-tech resort with excellent hire services and fabulous accommodation throughout from traditional Alpine lodges and affordable hotels to a four star hotel and spa with quaint restaurants and bars throughout. Great snow guaranteed and impressive amounts of sun due to its unique micro-climate.
• Payment - For those wishing to budget their holiday Snowside is offering a convenient payment plan starting with only a £100 deposit to secure your holiday online with a personal access code which enables you to pay by installments up until March 09 via the Snowside website.
• Free Edge sharpening - Nassfeld provides a unique free edge sharpening, tuning and hot waxing service!
• Nassfeld - Hermagor - Error 404
- will on submission of your ski pass number, review your previous days skiing (altitude and kilometres covered) free of charge. This is a brilliant feature that they charge 100 euros’ per day for in France!
• Hiking, tubing, sledging and snow bikes are available for them are amongst other pursuits during the week
Snowside Festival Pricing March 23rd -29th 2009. Tickets and all other information available through Snowside Home - Snowside
• Package 1: 3 star self catered apartments based in Tropolach.
Price: £289 includes 6 nights accommodation/Full Snowside Festival Laminate/ Breakfast & Evening meals
Package 2: The CUBE, 3*** Half board
Price: From £329 includes 6 nights accommodation/Full Snowside Festival Laminate/ Breakfast & Evening meals.
Ski Pass: £110 for 5 day full access.
• Easily accessible by air flying into Klagenfurt Airport via
• Ryan Air Stanstead – Klagenfurt/ Stanstead – Triest/ Stanstead – Saltzburg
• British Airways Gatwick – Salzburg/ Heathrow – Venice/ Gatwick – Venice
• British Midland Heathrow – Venice
• Adria Airways Gatwick – Laibach
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:52 am