What's up with stomp pad in the middle of the board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
speedjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 531
Default What's up with stomp pad in the middle of the board?

Seriously, I had to tell this noob who put his stomp pad in the wrong orientation in the middle of the board, then proceed to stand his back foot in the middle of his board when skating.
Couldn't help but tell him to put his back foot against the rear foot not in the middle.
Was I being a dick?
speedjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,791
Default

First part no, second part yeah. I skate with no stomp pad, and boot in the middle for easier turning but if it's sketchy or I need to go far I put my back foot against the binding.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
First part no, second part yeah. I skate with no stomp pad, and boot in the middle for easier turning but if it's sketchy or I need to go far I put my back foot against the binding.
Do you keep a narrow stance for easier turning?

For me, boot in the middle doesn't make anything easier. I put my foot against the binding and carve like I would with my foot strapped in.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
the grouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22
Default

As a newb, I'd say it depends how you said it. If it was "it works better if you put your foot back against the binding" you weren't being a dick. If you said "put your foot back, dumbass" then you were being a dick. Trying to help others whem you see them doing something wrong isn't being a dick.
the grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 2,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
Seriously, ...
Was I being a dick?
Depends on how you told him I guess. I had to tell a guy who was skating around, trying to get on n off the lifts with his free foot forward! (...strapped foot to the rear!)

Now He was gonna kill himself or someone else tryin' to skate around like that, so dick or no, I tried to straighten him out! (....was funny watching him try to do that on the flats tho!)
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (42) days out!
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
speedjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the grouch View Post
As a newb, I'd say it depends how you said it. If it was "it works better if you put your foot back against the binding" you weren't being a dick. If you said "put your foot back, dumbass" then you were being a dick. Trying to help others whem you see them doing something wrong isn't being a dick.
well I wouldn't call someone dumbass even if they were my friends. I just feel like the "caring too much" guy when I try to tell someone they are doing wrong.
speedjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
speedjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Depends on how you told him I guess. I had to tell a guy who was skating around, trying to get on n off the lifts with his free foot forward! (...strapped foot to the rear!)

Now He was gonna kill himself or someone else tryin' to skate around like that, so dick or no, I tried to straighten him out! (....was funny watching him try to do that on the flats tho!)
lol, now thats funny. I have a buddy who rides regular but skates goofy. whats up with that?
speedjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Montréal
Posts: 65
Default

This weekend I noticed all the rental boards had the stomp pads in the middle. I found it weird at first but then I thought it's not such a bad idea if they have to switch the bindings from regular to goofy and back.
Booo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Resident poet
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 3,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booo! View Post
This weekend I noticed all the rental boards had the stomp pads in the middle. I found it weird at first but then I thought it's not such a bad idea if they have to switch the bindings from regular to goofy and back.
^this...and a lot of folks skate or glide 1 footy with their free foot right up against the front binding....and it works very well because you are steering with your front leg and this method weights the nose....you don't need your back foot up against the back binding...false security...instead of having skating skills
__________________

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 02-24-2014 at 10:51 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 1,735
Default

in this age when those who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground think they know all, there really is no point. and it's almost impossible to strike the right tone so that unsolicited advice does not sound like dick-ness from on high. people will figure things out for themselves....or not
CassMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums