Why do snowboarders think they're so fuckin' cool? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
VinXXX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Why do snowboarders think they're so fuckin' cool?

Seriously, boards named after machine guns, and skunk apes, like wtf is that? the whole "gangsta" attitude, like seriously that shit doesn't belong on the hill... paying more attention to graphics than specs when buying a board, bouncing off trees and faggoty little nose spin thingies... whatever happened to function over fashion and what's "cool"? Whatever happened to charging big lines without stopping 'till your at the bottom? Seriously, for the most part, I think 90% of snowboarders out there are fuckin' retards. And be creative when you lash back at me, i've heard it all.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
desklamp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

1/10

10char
 
Old 02-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Flick Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Beech Grove, Indiana *sigh*
Posts: 4,168
Default

Sounds like you had a bad experience.

I'm not one of the "cool" snowboarders, though, so I can't really argue with you.
Flick Montana is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
VinXXX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
Sounds like you had a bad experience.

I'm not one of the "cool" snowboarders, though, so I can't really argue with you.
Nice to see...I figured as much from your posts... not really bad experience, per se, just what it's all become as a whole... borderline depressing to see some of these attitudes out there...
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Flick Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Beech Grove, Indiana *sigh*
Posts: 4,168
Default

I don't know. I get a lot of flak from people because I get preachy about not smoking pot and driving or because I don't drink, etc etc. It's the same crap from high school that meant I couldn't hang out with my "friends" on the football team. No thanks, guys. I'd rather not chug a beer and nail the easy girls under the bleachers at half time...

I don't really know a lot of snowboarders personally, but I tend to get along with most people on the hill. I've seen a lot of kids who think they're the hottest thing on a board. They act like jerks, but it's usually a personality flaw not related to snowboarding. I know plenty of people in the auto racing sport who act the same way about their cars. There are jagoffs everywhere, snowboarding, too.

Still, there are lots of good people out there. Look around on the board and you'll find some great people, even if they do have different opinions. I think it's just best to ignore the people who bug you so you don't let them ruin your snowboarding day.
Flick Montana is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Perpetual3am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,212
Default

Your problem is you care too much what other people are doing. I felt the same way back when I was into rock climbing and so many people wanted to be gym rats and only climb indoors. I was always in a constant state of 'wtf?' because to me the best experiences I had were outdoors. But then I realised that there will always be people that enjoy something by doing it completely different from what I think, might as well just concentrate on my own enjoyment. I agree with the whole gangsta scene, but most of them fall into the category of teenage boys trying to be cool and fit in, just like teenage boys have done forever.

Fawk it, Ride, Rinse, Repeat!
__________________
"This comment brought to you by Bombay Gin"
Perpetual3am is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
VinXXX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hear ya there... no weed for me either, I barely drink, and yes there are idiots everywhere! I try to get along with people too... try...lol
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kaabachi13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

sounds to me like you got at the wrong end of a whooping stick or something lol...k ya there are a lot of snowboarders on the hill that act like their our the shit...plowing noobies with snow and all that, but nobody said you have to take it like a bitch...when i first start going to the park i remember the day perfectly, it was like -15, sunny, and these two "Steezy" guys came up, and one plowed me with snow cause i was sitting looking at the trainers teach the rail, and they started laughing, i took off my bindings and punched the fucker in the face, he wasn't so "Steezy" then, and his friend did nothing, so just remember in the end 99% of those guys are just full of shit, so ignore them
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
VinXXX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetual3am View Post
Your problem is you care too much what other people are doing. I felt the same way back when I was into rock climbing and so many people wanted to be gym rats and only climb indoors. I was always in a constant state of 'wtf?' because to me the best experiences I had were outdoors. But then I realised that there will always be people that enjoy something by doing it completely different from what I think, might as well just concentrate on my own enjoyment. I agree with the whole gangsta scene, but most of them fall into the category of teenage boys trying to be cool and fit in, just like teenage boys have done forever.

Fawk it, Ride, Rinse, Repeat!
Fair enough... you're probably right... i'm generally insecure and frustrated that I ride alone because my riding style is not common at all... nice to see the other 10% representing more and more decent people!
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
VinXXX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaabachi13 View Post
sounds to me like you got at the wrong end of a whooping stick or something lol...k ya there are a lot of snowboarders on the hill that act like their our the shit...plowing noobies with snow and all that, but nobody said you have to take it like a bitch...when i first start going to the park i remember the day perfectly, it was like -15, sunny, and these two "Steezy" guys came up, and one plowed me with snow cause i was sitting looking at the trainers teach the rail, and they started laughing, i took off my bindings and punched the fucker in the face, he wasn't so "Steezy" then, and his friend did nothing, so just remember in the end 99% of those guys are just full of shit, so ignore them
Haha ya, Nice work! i've knocked people out while I was still strapped in...Had to dive over a flosser once I was going 70 he was sitting in a blind spot... called on his whole crew and they took off like bitches... I'm just sick of nobody wanting to ride with me because I don't fit the "i'm so fuckin' cool" attitude...
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums