Favorite Female Snowboarder - Page 11 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
dellrides88
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVanessa View Post
I love Alex! she's such a sweetheart
I want that beanie. Actually if it just said bitch, that would be fine with me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Member
 
iVanessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot1598 View Post
Oh, nice. This should make for a good conversation.

CALLING BA!!

why is that funny?

I was interested in buying a board from her back when her company first came out & we've sent emails back & forth quite a few times & she's VERY SWEET.

*~ LIVE - LOVE - RIDE ~*
iVanessa is offline  
post #103 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The red dot on the map says, an I quote, "You are HERE"
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVanessa View Post
why is that funny?

I was interested in buying a board from her back when her company first came out & we've sent emails back & forth quite a few times & she's VERY SWEET.
Perhaps it's because you're, for god knows what reason, interested in one of her boards. Of course she's courteous to you.

"Suicide hotline.....please hold."
Sam I Am is offline  
post #104 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Member
 
iVanessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Perhaps it's because you're, for god knows what reason, interested in one of her boards. Of course she's courteous to you.
ahahahaha ok. yup you're right she's prob really just a huge cu next tuesday & is only nice to people that want to do business with her. my bad!

*~ LIVE - LOVE - RIDE ~*
iVanessa is offline  
post #105 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
 
thugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IDaho
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
testostorone there is some validity to the argument

guys push and jab each other to keep up vs girls tend not to challenge but support each other

riding style...good women riders are so smooth, they make it look effortless vs guys generally do the power slash and huck thing

there are a few women that are so fast its ridiculous

in the next few years some little girls will be killing it now that there are more role models like ms. bright

btw in real life, pro women riders are surprizingly small, i.e., kelly, gretchen, victoria, natasha

my favorite is my 14 yr old daughter who pushes it when she rides with older guys...like yesterday, while riding with junior and seniors she landed her first backflip on the 8th try, almost has 540's and can out bomb them to the chair...the guys were very stoked and supportive when she landed the backflip
you need to introduce me to your daughter
thugit is offline  
post #106 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
dellrides88
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
This is why Victoria Jealouse rocks:

YouTube - Victoria Jealouse
post #107 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The red dot on the map says, an I quote, "You are HERE"
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVanessa View Post
ahahahaha ok. yup you're right she's prob really just a huge cu next tuesday & is only nice to people that want to do business with her. my bad!
Just offering another point of view. She's a business person. That speaks for itself.

"Suicide hotline.....please hold."
Sam I Am is offline  
post #108 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 PM
dellrides88
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
testostorone there is some validity to the argument

guys push and jab each other to keep up vs girls tend not to challenge but support each other

riding style...good women riders are so smooth, they make it look effortless vs guys generally do the power slash and huck thing

there are a few women that are so fast its ridiculous

in the next few years some little girls will be killing it now that there are more role models like ms. bright

btw in real life, pro women riders are surprizingly small, i.e., kelly, gretchen, victoria, natasha

my favorite is my 14 yr old daughter who pushes it when she rides with older guys...like yesterday, while riding with junior and seniors she landed her first backflip on the 8th try, almost has 540's and can out bomb them to the chair...the guys were very stoked and supportive when she landed the backflip
Huh, I would like to meet some girls that support each other. The girls that I have boarded with are like "I'm cold, I'm tired, I want to go back to the lodge. I wonder if so and so called? Let's go drink.". The only time I ever boarded with another guy other than my boyfriend was a co worker of mine and we ran into each other at the mountain and I was doing more ballsy stuff than if I was just riding solo. IMO, riding with guys keeps snowboarding fresh and more challenging. Of course, there's prob some girls out there that ride like that, but I have never met one.
post #109 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
Dano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Posts: 729
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVanessa View Post
ahahahaha ok. yup you're right she's prob really just a huge cu next tuesday & is only nice to people that want to do business with her. my bad!
I've never ridden one of her boards (mainly due to a lack of required "parts"), however I've heard they're absolute shit. Truely garbage. I'm sure she's a nice enough person, but industry reputation is all show no go.

P.S. Brilliant use of the word cunt, that totally made my day

'12 Lib Tech T.rice / '12 Burton Cartels
'10 CustomX / '10 Co2 EST
Salomon F22
Dano is offline  
post #110 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
lilfoot1598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVanessa View Post
why is that funny?

I was interested in buying a board from her back when her company first came out & we've sent emails back & forth quite a few times & she's VERY SWEET.
It's funny because you just opened a WHOLE can of worms you didn't know existed.

You were replying to BurtonAvenger who originally posted that picture out of biting sarcasm. Do a quick search and you'll see that very few people on this forum support BitchBoards or Alex Masterson. It's not that she's a woman, it's that she uses gimmicks like the word "bitch" to sell snowboards that have nothing technical to offer a woman who can actually shred. I'm sure she's a nice person and I appreciate her effort to expand the market in women's snowboarding, but I have to agree that her boards are joke compared to what companies like Never Summer, K2, Gnu, Salomon, Bataleon, and Roxy are producing.
lilfoot1598 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome