|02-01-2008, 02:28 PM||#31 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
1) What kind of snowboard gear do you have now? Please include Brand & Model for Boards, Bindings & Boots.
Nitro Marc Frank Montoya 157W w/ '08 Burton Cartel bindings in black
'06/'07 Option Icon 154 w/ Sims Recoil bindings in black
'07 Ride (forget the model) boots
2) Why did you choose this gear? (Price, look, performance, etc...)
Boots were chosen for comfort. The option board was my beginner board: was stiff, centered stance, and on the short end for my weight, all making it easy to ride. It is now my park/beater board. The Nitro was bought to be more of a mountain cruiser: more flexible with a wider stance and directional shape making it excellent for the pow and fast runs. Its light so I can use it in the park if I want to too.
3) What is you favorite brand?
Depends on what I'm buying, but I like several brands: Rome, Burton, Ride, Forum, Nitro, Technine, GNU for hard & soft gear. 686, Sessions, four square, Dakine for soft gear & accessories.
4) Where did you get your gear? (Sports Retail store, Online, Speciality Store, on Mountain, etc...)
Local Board shop. Some accessories bought online.
5) Why did you get your gear from that location?
Conenience, service and decent price.
6) How many times do you snowboard per season?
Averages out to once per week.
7) What your age?
8) Male or Female?
9) Where do you live? (City & Country)
Official 'Eh' Team representative
Toronto Prelude Club
|02-01-2008, 09:34 PM||#32 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2008
1) Alpine Setups (99% of Riding):
Oxygen Proton 178 GS Board - Bomber TD2 Step In's - UPZ hardboots
Oxygen Proton 185 GS Board - Bomber TD2 Step In's - UPZ hardboots
2) Oxygen's chosen for performance and bang-for-the-buck price. Bombers and UPZ's chosen strictly for performance.
3) Oxygen's, as they're what I ride. Would love to try/own a Donek, Coiler, Prior, Virus, Madd, F2, and other top shelf alpine boards.
4) All bought online.
5) Sadly, alpine gear is a niche market and such gear is not typically carried in retail stores, despite the market consisting of high end products and World Class performance. Generally, it can only be found online.
6) Ha, ha. In a world where "life happens", eighteen and a half times.
8) Of course!
9) Freezing Rainville, Pennsylvania