Your Snowboard Vehicle. - Page 107 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 19Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1061 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Senior Member
 
mrmidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
a 2000 GMC Sierrra 2500 4x4.. Not a gas saver to be sure but tons of room for gear and i can go anywhere. Plus I can put my sled/bike in it back home
mrmidWest is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1062 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member
 
Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mt. Bachelor
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
Awesome car.
Thanks, I'm loving it. I went with a two-tone interior. The steering wheel has an awesome feel in the hands.

steering wheel.JPG

front.JPG

seats2.JPG
Toecutter is offline  
post #1063 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,992
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
I Bet! I had an (used) A4 1.8t before the Subaru. Loved that car. then the timing belt popped. 5K of repairs, after that I swapped it for the WRX. Months later Audi writes me a timing belt recall letter. I sent the mechanic's bill and they refunded me the $5000.
I don't miss the luxury, but having the $ I would get an S4/5.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
Thanks, I'm loving it. I went with a two-tone interior. The steering wheel has an awesome feel in the hands.

2015/16 -17- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06 - 181K
KIRKRIDER is offline  
post #1064 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,446
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
Thanks, I'm loving it. I went with a two-tone interior. The steering wheel has an awesome feel in the hands.
Why does that manual shifter say P-R-D next to it?!?

I can't stand that we've all become a bunch of auto drivers. It's so bad that a lot of vehicles aren't even offered manual anymore...
poutanen is offline  
post #1065 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member
 
Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mt. Bachelor
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Why does that manual shifter say P-R-D next to it?!?

I can't stand that we've all become a bunch of auto drivers. It's so bad that a lot of vehicles aren't even offered manual anymore...
Well, it's a good thing you don't have to drive it. Technically, it's a DSG tranny like they put in race cars.
Toecutter is offline  
post #1066 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member
 
Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mt. Bachelor
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
I Bet! I had an (used) A4 1.8t before the Subaru. Loved that car. then the timing belt popped. 5K of repairs, after that I swapped it for the WRX. Months later Audi writes me a timing belt recall letter. I sent the mechanic's bill and they refunded me the $5000.
I don't miss the luxury, but having the $ I would get an S4/5.
I bet that felt really good getting a huge check in the mail!

A friend of mine just got a new RS5. That thing is seriously sick.
Toecutter is offline  
post #1067 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great car ToeCutter.... need to fix the stance (for the summer) a little and they look awesome, like this:




I had a B6 A4 Ultrasport and really enjoyed it, but it was getting up there in the mileage and had a few things that needed fixing (AC compressor went out, $1100-1500 to fix) and I said, F this I want something new with a warranty so I don't have to worry about anything for a few years.

Thing was great in the snow though. I had Cooper Weather Masters or something like that on it.
turbospartan is offline  
post #1068 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member
 
Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mt. Bachelor
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospartan View Post
Great car ToeCutter.... need to fix the stance (for the summer) a little and they look awesome, like this:




I had a B6 A4 Ultrasport and really enjoyed it, but it was getting up there in the mileage and had a few things that needed fixing (AC compressor went out, $1100-1500 to fix) and I said, F this I want something new with a warranty so I don't have to worry about anything for a few years.

Thing was great in the snow though. I had Cooper Weather Masters or something like that on it.
Nice ride. I like the gunmetal peelers.
Toecutter is offline  
post #1069 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,446
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
Well, it's a good thing you don't have to drive it. Technically, it's a DSG tranny like they put in race cars.
Yeah I know they can shift MUCH faster than a manual, and they'll rev match downshifts and everything. Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful piece of technology but it's still neutered if you don't have a clutch and a stick you have to shift yourself.

They got rid of traction control in F1 because it made things too neutered, too sterile.
poutanen is offline  
post #1070 of 1985 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
ComeBack_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBrdScotty View Post
if you got the $ Firestone Destination A/Ts
These. Not cheap, but I used them year round in Lake Tahoe and they were fantastic. Even when the roads were closed for people with chains and "dedicated snow tires" only, I'd always be allowed through, even though they were only A/Ts. They worked out nicely.
ComeBack_Kid is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome