Your Snowboard Vehicle. - Page 114 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 19Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1131 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 5,266
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
2001 v40 wagon 2.0l, turbo, front wd, 3100 lbs, 160 hp, 26 mpg. with snow tires, works just fine as long as the road is plowed...low clearance has not been a problem yet.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wrathfuldeity is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1132 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post


You keep trying to sell that thing as some awesome snow-destroying beast that conquers all terrain.

You do know that no one believes you or cares, right? The only time Honda Civics impress anyone is when 6-year olds watch Fast and Furious.
x2.

nothing against you klinger, just your obsession with that civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaas View Post
Don't let them put you down! As guy who drives a geo prizm to the mountains, I appreciate someone who has the skill to make a little car work in the snow.

Throw some chains on and put a hundred pounds of sand in the trunk and my four banger gets me where I need to go in the snow.

Now keeping speed over the passes, thats another story...

That being said, a taco might be in my future should I not be able to pass this years emissions test.
K props to you for considering a taco, but on the flip side it's people like you that piss me off on the mountain. I'm sorry, but i dont give a rats ass who you are, a snow covered mountain road is no place for a god dam geo prizm. It's people like you (and dip shit high school kids especially) that take your generic piece of crap 1 wheeler peelers up into the mountains and crash and get the road closed for everyone. Just venting

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline  
post #1133 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 04:09 AM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,928
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post


You keep trying to sell that thing as some awesome snow-destroying beast that conquers all terrain.

You do know that no one believes you or cares, right? The only time Honda Civics impress anyone is when 6-year olds watch Fast and Furious.
You don't need to be insulting.

I posted pictures of the fucking llama for you, you fuck.

People who are internet postering, or have money to throw at more expensive vehicles and want to belittle me for what I drive can go fuck themselves, and I respond to the shit talk because my car is great!, gets me where I need to go with power, handling and economy.

I'm not going to sit here and try to convince anyone, but I will certainly not sit back while you insult my car because you are on the internet.

I'm not a fan of the fast and furious shit, i'm not a gear head.

Sorry you didn't like the stats on my car, fuck you I'm snowboarding.

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash

Last edited by snowklinger; 11-10-2012 at 04:21 AM.
snowklinger is offline  
post #1134 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,928
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
x2.

nothing against you klinger, just your obsession with that civic


K props to you for considering a taco, but on the flip side it's people like you that piss me off on the mountain. I'm sorry, but i dont give a rats ass who you are, a snow covered mountain road is no place for a god dam geo prizm. It's people like you (and dip shit high school kids especially) that take your generic piece of crap 1 wheeler peelers up into the mountains and crash and get the road closed for everyone. Just venting
Ok sorry I thought this thread was about our snowboarding vehicles, I enjoy being a part of this forum and theres only 2 things I do in this world as much as work, and those are drive in the mountains and snowboard.

I only have the one vehicle and dont tend to change when they work for me, I drive them into the ground, so whenever I chime in on the thread, its gonna be about my civic.

I'll go away now as clearly me and my car are not welcome here.


Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline  
post #1135 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Senior Member
 
ComeBack_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
You don't need to be insulting.

I posted pictures of the fucking llama for you, you fuck.

People who are internet postering, or have money to throw at more expensive vehicles and want to belittle me for what I drive can go fuck themselves, and I respond to the shit talk because my car is great!, gets me where I need to go with power, handling and economy.

I'm not going to sit here and try to convince anyone, but I will certainly not sit back while you insult my car because you are on the internet.

I'm not a fan of the fast and furious shit, i'm not a gear head.

Sorry you didn't like the stats on my car, fuck you I'm snowboarding.
LOL "insult your car"? It's a Honda Civic, it's not worth insulting...Or being proud of. It's a fine little commuter car that's reliable and good on gas. That's all it is, and that's OK.

No one is insulting it, but no one believes it's good in snow, either, although you keep making posts making it out to be some mountain-climbing, all-terrain tank that plows through snow banks and tows semi-trucks out of ditches in the middle of blizzards.

Also, it's a little odd that you're mad right now. Letting strangers on an internet forum affect how you feel is weird.

PS- The llama was fucking awesome.
ComeBack_Kid is offline  
post #1136 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 04:48 AM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,928
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post
LOL "insult your car"? It's a Honda Civic, it's not worth insulting...Or being proud of.
Really? I am proud of it, its mine and paid for.

You being a dick doesn't really affect how I feel but it doesn't exactly exonerate you does it?

You should probably put some kind of paramaters on what sorts of vehicles you are gonna accept in this thread or something. WTF is up with THAT?

Don't worry I will not bring my car back here as I have said.

I'm just making up stories driving this thing into the mountains to ride more than the rest of you.

Aaaaand I'll let u guys know with pics when I total it

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash

Last edited by snowklinger; 11-10-2012 at 05:07 AM.
snowklinger is offline  
post #1137 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 07:57 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Tech420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
, gets me where I need to go with power, handling and economy.
I'm sorry but the word power and Honda should never be referenced in the same sentence. I owned an SI a few years ago and it was quick for a little Civic, but it was still a Civic.
Tech420 is offline  
post #1138 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
:I'm sorry, but i dont give a rats ass who you are, a snow covered mountain road is no place for a god dam geo prizm. It's people like you (and dip shit high school kids especially) that take your generic piece of crap 1 wheeler peelers up into the mountains and crash and get the road closed for everyone. Just venting
You sir, have obviously NEVER driven a Geo Prizm in the snow. I laugh at others who can't go through what I do in my Prizm. Also, I'm not some dipshit HS kid. I've never crashed my Prizm in the snow, and I've been driving it in the mountains for years. I've seen plenty of SUV's and trucks, and vehicles both small and large crashed into snowbanks and railings, all while I just keep on cruising. In fact, I ususally end up driving me and my buddies cause they know that the Prizm will get them all there safe and sound, and in one piece. Don't hate the Geo just 'cause you don't know how to drive in the snow without 4WD.

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
post #1139 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder View Post
You sir, have obviously NEVER driven a Geo Prizm in the snow. I laugh at others who can't go through what I do in my Prizm. Also, I'm not some dipshit HS kid. I've never crashed my Prizm in the snow, and I've been driving it in the mountains for years. I've seen plenty of SUV's and trucks, and vehicles both small and large crashed into snowbanks and railings, all while I just keep on cruising. In fact, I ususally end up driving me and my buddies cause they know that the Prizm will get them all there safe and sound, and in one piece. Don't hate the Geo just 'cause you don't know how to drive in the snow without 4WD.
Ya know, I typed up a big ol response on my point of view but then said fuck it, it really doesent matter. In the winter i always carry my recovery strap, hitch receiver and d rings in case anyone, no matter what they drive is having a bad day. Because in the end it's just about getting up there safely and helping people out if you are able, and I'm fortunate enough to be able to help people should they need it. So I digress, be safe and have fun this winter.

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline  
post #1140 of 1985 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
So I digress, be safe and have fun this winter.
You too. That's really what it all boils down to. And good on you for helping others who need it. If you ever see a mint green Prizm with WA plates and a Seahawks magnet on the back, just know that I made it to ID to steal some of your pow.

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome