Your Snowboard Vehicle. - Page 152 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #1511 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Patrick1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Northern maine
Posts: 27
Default

05 chevy Silverado crew cab.

Does the job but would like to get some studded snow tires. My friend's minovan is better in the icy stuff that my truck in 4x4
Patrick1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #1512 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Olympia Washington
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Has anyone driven a newer Jeep Compass or Patriot? Looking at 2011-2013 ones with low miles. Great MPG for an SUV but haven't gotten behind the wheel of one yet. Also considering a '14 Jeep Cherokee, they have some pretty sweet lease deals going on.
I have driven all of the new jeep vehicles. I sometimes load them on ships bound for Asia at work. I can say I would not buy one they seem like garbage, the only ones I would ever consider would be a diesel model. Over half the stuff jeep is sending out for export are diesel powered. The Wrangler and cherokee versions in the diesel are pretty sick. Not sure when or if they will be available in the US for sale.. Just my opinion I personally am not much of a Jeep fan some guys love them i guess....
Northriver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #1513 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowDogWax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Slip Fusion, PA
Posts: 776
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Used the Yakima Rocket Box Pro Rooftop Cargo Box 14 cubic ft for one trip. Returned it and bought a Yakima Sky box 21 cubic ft… I might be able to fit my Subaru Outback in it…. Never can have to much storage.
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #1514 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb0 View Post
I had a 2005 CR-V, got it to 247K, not a single problem.
The CR-V Real Time AWD has issues with it overheating and rendering the car immobile, if you don't have traction and the system cannot find traction.

happened to my co-worker before.
tanscrazydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #1515 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ThredJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 215
Default

I test drove an '03 Subaru Legacy today.

Loved it, drove like a dream. They want 5900 for it. 143k, new timing belt, and they rebuilt the head gasket(common problem with higher mileage Subbies). I think I'll try to get my hands on it. It's a Legacy L wagon, so it has plenty of room for all my snowboarding shit.
ThredJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #1516 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick1229 View Post
05 chevy Silverado crew cab.

Does the job but would like to get some studded snow tires. My friend's minovan is better in the icy stuff that my truck in 4x4
What tires do you have? I managed fine in the snow even with the crappy Goodyears. Now I have siped all terrains, not as good as snow tires but I can still get through snow no problem. I'd add it stops great on ice and snow as well.
KansasNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #1517 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Patrick1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Northern maine
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasNoob View Post
What tires do you have? I managed fine in the snow even with the crappy Goodyears. Now I have siped all terrains, not as good as snow tires but I can still get through snow no problem. I'd add it stops great on ice and snow as well.
Falken ziex. They aren't terrible, but more of an all season. My buddies call em "beetle skins"
Patrick1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #1518 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 420
Default

Yeah there are definitely better tires for the snow than those, lol. One set of tires has to do it all for me. Mud, highway, and the little snow my truck sees. I have had these Coopers all terrains a year and I like them, the wear is good, I'm getting them re siped soon though. Some hate the Coopers but I have had great luck with this set. Boss was impressed enough that he bought a set of Cooper mud tires.

We have put almost 3500 miles worth of snow trips on my friend's Burb in the last couple years, it has Michelin LTX AT2 and I was really impressed by them. Super quiet on the highway, smooth ride, and they do well on snowpack and ice for an all terrain. Nothing can beat a snow tire, but with a set of chains these would be perfect for year round use.
KansasNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #1519 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Patrick1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Northern maine
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasNoob View Post
Yeah there are definitely better tires for the snow than those, lol. One set of tires has to do it all for me. Mud, highway, and the little snow my truck sees. I have had these Coopers all terrains a year and I like them, the wear is good, I'm getting them re siped soon though. Some hate the Coopers but I have had great luck with this set. Boss was impressed enough that he bought a set of Cooper mud tires.

We have put almost 3500 miles worth of snow trips on my friend's Burb in the last couple years, it has Michelin LTX AT2 and I was really impressed by them. Super quiet on the highway, smooth ride, and they do well on snowpack and ice for an all terrain. Nothing can beat a snow tire, but with a set of chains these would be perfect for year round use.
Chains work great but are a pita. Id rather just have a set of studded snows mounted on some steel rims to get me through the winter up here, and switch back to my old roadies in the spring.
Patrick1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:19 AM   #1520 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 420
Default

I know what you mean. I'm hoping to have to do the same before too long.
KansasNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums