Your Snowboard Vehicle. - Page 53 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 36Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #521 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSnow View Post
That is not a big accomplishment. I bet it was converted to 2x2 with that lift setup. If it is an 8" suspension lift the front driveshaft angle would be too high and many people remove the front driveshaft making it 2WD and that combined with a light back-end make driving on snow and ice less than ideal, to say the least.
X2, the only people who think ridiculously large trucks with ridiculously large lifts are cool are the douchebags who drive them. They can't even offroad for shit even when they're left 4WD. My Jeep on 31's can outwheel any newer ridiculously lifted truck I see with 37's and 40's and shit.
Willy36 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #522 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
X2, the only people who think ridiculously large trucks with ridiculously large lifts are cool are the douchebags who drive them. They can't even offroad for shit even when they're left 4WD. My Jeep on 31's can outwheel any newer ridiculously lifted truck I see with 37's and 40's and shit.
True dat. Lifted trucks are like the hybrid from h***. They're too tall and expensive (and you can't get them dirty!) to do real work, and they're too big and clumsy (and you can't get them dirty, again) to go offroading in them. About the only thing they're marginally good for is towing, and even then they tow like crap.

Be nice to your Hacker. We make magic happen.
Halborr is offline  
post #523 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Senior Member
 
EagleTalons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Eastern Montana
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is my snowboarding vehicle. I find that a 4 x 4 truck isn't enough of a challenge to get up a mountain.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EagleTalons is offline  
post #524 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSnow View Post
That is not a big accomplishment. I bet it was converted to 2x2 with that lift setup. If it is an 8" suspension lift the front driveshaft angle would be too high and many people remove the front driveshaft making it 2WD and that combined with a light back-end make driving on snow and ice less than ideal, to say the least.
no, it still had all 4 wheels.
treymchattie is offline  
post #525 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member
 
slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milwaukee Suburbs
Posts: 3,535
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleTalons View Post
Here is my snowboarding vehicle. I find that a 4 x 4 truck isn't enough of a challenge to get up a mountain.

wooo I love the jackstands. Light car but wouldn't get me under it like that especially that left front stand

Looks to be in very good shape,

-Slyder
slyder is offline  
post #526 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
X2, the only people who think ridiculously large trucks with ridiculously large lifts are cool are the douchebags who drive them. They can't even offroad for shit even when they're left 4WD. My Jeep on 31's can outwheel any newer ridiculously lifted truck I see with 37's and 40's and shit.
That is true. I like trucks but I not a fan of show trucks. It seems strange to spend a lot of money on a suspension lift and at the same time make it less capable by eliminating 4WD. To each there own though. When my Jeep was also on 31's it was still very capable and very difficult to get stuck on most trails.

Last edited by NYSnow; 11-22-2010 at 10:03 AM.
NYSnow is offline  
post #527 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
 
Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mt. Bachelor
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
wooo I love the jackstands. Light car but wouldn't get me under it like that especially that left front stand

Looks to be in very good shape,

-Slyder
That looks to be in good shape to you? Wow, I would've been calling the junk yard. Then again, I don't even change my own oil.
Toecutter is offline  
post #528 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
That looks to be in good shape to you? Wow, I would've been calling the junk yard. Then again, I don't even change my own oil.
I'm sure it's only apart like that because it's being worked on. I have a picture of my Jeep missing half its front end that you would probably say the same about, but I just had some serious engine work to be doing.

I would say that's a pretty clean Bug
Willy36 is offline  
post #529 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
 
Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mt. Bachelor
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
I'm sure it's only apart like that because it's being worked on. I have a picture of my Jeep missing half its front end that you would probably say the same about, but I just had some serious engine work to be doing.

I would say that's a pretty clean Bug
Yeah, auto mechanicking is not my forte.
Toecutter is offline  
post #530 of 2005 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Senior Member
 
shifty00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrii View Post
I have a 2000 honda civic Si 1.5 inches from the ground...this except with a roof rack on top! call me nuts but i call it STEEZE! hahaha
Always nice to see a well done non-rice honda. Loving the RS's.

You won't do it.
shifty00 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome