Your Snowboard Vehicle. - Page 91 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 19Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #901 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Senior Member
 
509-pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington state.
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
just got my self a new ride. well new to me anyways. 07 audi a4 2.0 turbo awd. now i need to find a ski rack thats cheap.




509-pow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 02:50 AM
Member
 
abqmike37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509-pow View Post
just got my self a new ride. well new to me anyways. 07 audi a4 2.0 turbo awd. now i need to find a ski rack thats cheap.




Nice choice...If the car has an FSI motor keep an eye on the fuel pump cam follower (if it has TSI, you are fine). If you want some OEM fun, slap on a k04 turbo, 3 inch exhaust and software upgrade...we are talking about near 300whp and OEM reliability. Try going on fourtitude (audi forum) you can find deals on roof rack.
abqmike37 is offline  
post #903 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Member
 
smokinsummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last winter I was driving a 2005 SRT4 Neon ACR edition with BALD summer tires to the mountains. Definitely NOT a smart idea but I didn't have funds for winter tires lol.

Luckily I sold that car and now I'm driving this...

4 wheel drive, all season tires, cannot wait!!! Only thing that sucks is the rear seats don't fold down, will be needing a roof rack probably.

Last edited by smokinsummer; 02-25-2013 at 08:16 AM.
smokinsummer is offline  
post #904 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
509-pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington state.
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinsummer View Post
Last winter I was driving a 2005 SRT4 Neon ACR edition with BALD summer tires to the mountains. Definitely NOT a smart idea but I didn't have funds for winter tires lol.

Luckily I sold that car and now I'm driving this..


2008 Evo X.

4 wheel drive, all season tires, cannot wait!!! Only thing that sucks is the rear seats don't fold down, will be needing a roof rack probably.
very nice. my other car is a 08 lancer and the seats don't go down. one thing i hated about that car and it was very slow. but evos are sick.
509-pow is offline  
post #905 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Member
 
hoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinsummer View Post
Last winter I was driving a 2005 SRT4 Neon ACR edition with BALD summer tires to the mountains. Definitely NOT a smart idea but I didn't have funds for winter tires lol.

Luckily I sold that car and now I'm driving this..


2008 Evo X.

4 wheel drive, all season tires, cannot wait!!! Only thing that sucks is the rear seats don't fold down, will be needing a roof rack probably.
Evo looks great. Do you have the funds for winter tires this year? They will blow your all seasons out of the water. Look on craigslist. Honestly some of the best money I ever spent on my WRX.
hoodrat is offline  
post #906 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Dim Mak 1470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use this now:

And plan to have this in a number of years from now for the desert and the slopes:




Did want a Toyota Taco or maybe a Colorado but the mpg on the smaller trucks(I guess they're midsized now) isn't very different so I asked myself why not go for more capability?
Dim Mak 1470 is offline  
post #907 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm runnin' a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi. Its 4x4. Great in snow and supports my other habits with towing a boat and hauling my bike around.
sleev-les is offline  
post #908 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim Mak 1470 View Post
Did want a Toyota Taco or maybe a Colorado but the mpg on the smaller trucks(I guess they're midsized now) isn't very different so I asked myself why not go for more capability?
I am having a real struggle with this debate as well.

1. my '99 Civic SI performs extremely well in snow, has relatively low miles, is EXTREMELY rare (try to buy one), and has lost very little value over time. It's only caveat, why I'm looking at a truck is I need trailworthiness for trailhead access.

2. I drive 30 miles each way to work everyday, and further than that on my days off, so the mileage adds up quick.

3. Does the slight advantage in the toyo mpg worth it for all these miles over an f-150? I do like the f-150 alot. What about a 4cyl toyo? Do they even have that in 4wd?

4. Should I crush my truck dreams because of all these miles, drive my SI into the ground and just get another lil 2wd wonder with snowtires - fuck I'd go hybrid?

decisions...

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is online now  
post #909 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I am having a real struggle with this debate as well.

1. my '99 Civic SI performs extremely well in snow, has relatively low miles, is EXTREMELY rare (try to buy one), and has lost very little value over time. It's only caveat, why I'm looking at a truck is I need trailworthiness for trailhead access.

2. I drive 30 miles each way to work everyday, and further than that on my days off, so the mileage adds up quick.

3. Does the slight advantage in the toyo mpg worth it for all these miles over an f-150? I do like the f-150 alot. What about a 4cyl toyo? Do they even have that in 4wd?

4. Should I crush my truck dreams because of all these miles, drive my SI into the ground and just get another lil 2wd wonder with snowtires - fuck I'd go hybrid?

decisions...
Don't know your budget, but there is a new turbo 6 cyl edition of the F150 that really helps with gas mileage, but you get all the perks of the 1/2 ton pickup.
sleev-les is offline  
post #910 of 1985 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Dim Mak 1470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, right. Their new "eco-boost" engine. That thing is pretty rad
Snowklinger: My ideal combo as far as vehicles go is: F-150 and a motorcycle. Motorcycle will be my awesome, fun MPG ride and the truck will be used for trips to the desert, mx track when I get a dirtbike, mountains, trips to home depot, etc. The moto I want should be $8,000 out the door or I could go with a 250cc sport bike and it'll be around $5,000 out the door for a 70-something mpg ride. For me, I'm going with the smallest engine for the truck since I'm not going to be hauling/carrying a shit-ton for work or anything. A 4x4 2.7L, 4-speed auto is 18/21 and a 4x4 F-150 with 3.7L engine(6-speed auto) is 16/21.

Last edited by Dim Mak 1470; 08-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Dim Mak 1470 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome