snow at home contest - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 438
Default snow at home contest

so they just announced the winners for the snow at home contest
snowathome and burton teamed up for this contest for the best backyard terrain park and the winner gets a $3500 snowmaker.

at first they were only going to have one winner and thats it but i guess they liked a lot of the videos and they awarded a lot of videos
anyway i guess i got second place and apparently im getting a snowboard! which is soo cool but i could have used that snowmaker haha

heres the first place video "stuck in ohio"
Burton.com

and my video "the yorktown jib park"
Burton.com


im just curious to see which video you guys would have placed first. be honest dont pick mine just because its my thread
personally i think stuck in ohio was a better video and our parks were about the same considering he has a much bigger yard and a lot more resources to make stuff
nitroboarder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
burritosandsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: slc utah
Posts: 928
Default

first grats on gettin second place im sure there was lots of great competition..

overall i think the winning video was a better video... the production value was real high, like small video company level, and they hsd a greater variety and difficulty of tricks.

My argument for your video however lies on the DYI side. Your video seems to be more in the spirit of the contest meaning straight up back yard jibs and whatnot. I mean I guess its unfair to punish the winner for having access to more money snowmobiles and great production but ynow what im saying heh.

If I could give your video pointers it would be maybe utilizing all your features in the video and maybe having two cameras operating each time one from the drop in p.o.v. and one from the landing p.o.v. and of course get an hd camera and a little bit better editiing software.

Those are just pointers overall I thought you had a great video and once again congrats!
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,477
Default

why didn't ken block win this?

__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
first grats on gettin second place im sure there was lots of great competition..

overall i think the winning video was a better video... the production value was real high, like small video company level, and they hsd a greater variety and difficulty of tricks.

My argument for your video however lies on the DYI side. Your video seems to be more in the spirit of the contest meaning straight up back yard jibs and whatnot. I mean I guess its unfair to punish the winner for having access to more money snowmobiles and great production but ynow what im saying heh.

If I could give your video pointers it would be maybe utilizing all your features in the video and maybe having two cameras operating each time one from the drop in p.o.v. and one from the landing p.o.v. and of course get an hd camera and a little bit better editiing software.

Those are just pointers overall I thought you had a great video and once again congrats!
ya i know what you mean and i can agree with that

and i know i want an HD camera really bad the one i have now sucks but i am broke i put all my money into snowboard trips and gear this winter
and im using final cut express to edit
nitroboarder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SMDSkata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
My argument for your video however lies on the DYI side. Your video seems to be more in the spirit of the contest meaning straight up back yard jibs and whatnot. I mean I guess its unfair to punish the winner for having access to more money snowmobiles and great production but ynow what im saying heh.
Ehh I wouldn't call it great equipment, but it did suit it.

The dolly shots could of been post production or even a tripod on a wagon. Some other smooth motion shots might of been just a cheap homemade glide cam. You gotta be creative... Nonetheless the Yorktown Jib Park was pretty damn sick. What did your neighbors have to say about it?
__________________
SMDSkata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDSkata View Post
Ehh I wouldn't call it great equipment, but it did suit it.

The dolly shots could of been post production or even a tripod on a wagon. Some other smooth motion shots might of been just a cheap homemade glide cam. You gotta be creative... Nonetheless the Yorktown Jib Park was pretty damn sick. What did your neighbors have to say about it?

ha my neighbors love is we get a lot of people stopping and asking us to do something
some of them get pissed though cuz the road is right at the bottom and sometimes it looks like we arent going to stop in time when a car is coming so they have to slow down

i have never had a problem or even a close call when it comes to me not being able to stop before the car comes though
nitroboarder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
burritosandsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: slc utah
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDSkata View Post
Ehh I wouldn't call it great equipment, but it did suit it.

The dolly shots could of been post production or even a tripod on a wagon. Some other smooth motion shots might of been just a cheap homemade glide cam. You gotta be creative... Nonetheless the Yorktown Jib Park was pretty damn sick. What did your neighbors have to say about it?
yeah i can def agree with what you say here but it doesnt really matter if its a goat pulling the camera as long as it LOOKS high lvl and IMO it looked well done..

as far as the YJB nothing in the world beats cool neighbors haha, theres really something special about grown ups that let kids be kids and have fun .. you should cut their grass or rake their yard to let em know you appreciate em lol
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So Cal - Bear Mountain
Posts: 484
Default

I would give it to them for the obvious technical-video reasons but also because they threw in some creativity with that air to slam dunk and haha doing the lebron james powder throw-up but using snow was humorous.

I think your park was more of an actual park though. Theres looked like random individual jibs and stuff here and there that might be there one day and gone the next. Yours seemed descently expansive and varied in that one night shot. I think with some better angles to show off all the different features of the park, you could enhance the overall feel of your backyard riding.

It would be cool to see some lines with multiple features as opposed to just a single shot of an idividual feature.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SMDSkata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
yeah i can def agree with what you say here but it doesnt really matter if its a goat pulling the camera as long as it LOOKS high lvl and IMO it looked well done..
In their case, it might of been a goat.
__________________
SMDSkata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Mosquitobug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 44
Default

Great job! Great riding!

I live in Texas -- Id love snow in my yard anytime! Im reading about some areas still open, some still getting snow! We are already wakeboarding ... what I would give for just one more trip this year!
Mosquitobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums