If you live in colorado or have help me out. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you live in colorado or have help me out.

So i live in this middle of nowhere place called vestal, ny. IM finishing my last semester at a community college here. I want to move. to CO. because no matter where u are u can guarantee that boarding starts in oct and ends in may. which is dope. We started week after x-mas and will be done before april. it blows.

I'm also going to college. I know nothing of the like 85 colleges/ UNiv in the area. Im looking to work in special education, sociology, and pyschology. I'm also a DAMN good DJ and like finding soem random hole in the wall areas and being super illmatic.

My question to you, is whats it like in the various areas of CO. Also what campuses do you guys hear good things about. good community life and good campus to public relations.

If any of that seems to vague or weird let me know.
DJ FroZone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 05:19 AM
ThirdEye
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
CU Boulder.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
CU Boulder.
sucks ass. Expensive and full of douchebags and while they like to claim to have awesome parties, I've been to some, and I was not impressed.

Western State is a good college and is like half an hour (maybe less, not sure) from Crested Butte, which although I've never been there, I've heard is one of the best in the state. DU has good programs in more liberal arts categories like you mentioned interest in and is only just over an hour from Breck/Keystone/A-Basin/Loveland/Copper (they're all within 20 minutes of each other). CSU in Fort Collins (which is where I go, so watch for bias ) has a good education program, not sure about psychology and sociology, and Fort Collins has a great music scene, we love our beer, and we know how to party . Hey Forbes and Money Magazine named it #1 place to live in the country in 2006 so don't just take my word for it. Only downside is it's about 2 hours to the nearest resort. Hope this helps

Edit: Oh and High Times ranked us #2 weed in the country if you're into that thing. And no, Boulder was NOT #1.

Last edited by Willy36; 01-03-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Willy36 is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
DrGreeNThumB420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
look all around denver areas

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free"
DrGreeNThumB420 is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
sucks ass. Expensive and full of douchebags and while they like to claim to have awesome parties, I've been to some, and I was not impressed.

Western State is a good college and is like half an hour (maybe less, not sure) from Crested Butte, which although I've never been there, I've heard is one of the best in the state. DU has good programs in more liberal arts categories like you mentioned interest in and is only just over an hour from Breck/Keystone/A-Basin/Loveland/Copper (they're all within 20 minutes of each other). CSU in Fort Collins (which is where I go, so watch for bias ) has a good education program, not sure about psychology and sociology, and Fort Collins has a great music scene, we love our beer, and we know how to party . Hey Forbes and Money Magazine named it #1 place to live in the country in 2006 so don't just take my word for it. Only downside is it's about 2 hours to the nearest resort. Hope this helps

Edit: Oh and High Times ranked us #2 weed in the country if you're into that thing. And no, Boulder was NOT #1.
nice start. there. so what was number one in high times? and two hours away? who cares?? i hear that even the tiny resorts out there get like a 1000+ vertical and mad trails n shit. plus theres a good chance id find someone to ride out with me haha.

Also side not. I work at mens wearhouse (fine suit store) so id most likely transfer too.
DJ FroZone is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
Edit: Oh and High Times ranked us #2 weed in the country if you're into that thing. And no, Boulder was NOT #1.
Gee.....how could anyone resist moving there with that in mind?
ThugHunter is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:13 PM
desklamp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I go to CU. Eldora is about 45 minutes away from Boulder (not sure from Fort Collins, probably about an hour from Denver). Eldora sells college passes thru schools for about $150. Living in Boulder isn't cheap ($600+ for rent is usual). Out-of-state tuition is incredibly expensive (it's like $15,000 semester or something?) I'd suggest getting in-state tuition before attending unless you've got a lot of money saved...

Wasted State is pretty small and in a small town and pretty isolated but it's close to Crested Butte.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugHunter View Post
Gee.....how could anyone resist moving there with that in mind?
lol
Willy36 is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,228
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Western (Wasted...) State in Gunnison is close to Crested Butte and Monarch. Ft Lewis in Durango puts you close to Purgatory. Silverton and Wolf Creek are also close by.

For Summit County, Winterpark, Vail areas, Denver area Universities are going to be the best. CU Boulder, Metro State, University of Denver, Regis University are all in the area.

Ft Collins is a great University but it is faaaaar from the resorts. If you are into BC riding, Cameron Pass is about an hour out of Ft Collins and is definitely not crowded. The avalanche danger there is for real though, so you need to know what you are doing on that pass. Doing the Diamond in the Spring is one of the best, most memorable descents in Colorado. That is some good shit right there...
killclimbz is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Western (Wasted...) State in Gunnison is close to Crested Butte and Monarch. Ft Lewis in Durango puts you close to Purgatory. Silverton and Wolf Creek are also close by.

For Summit County, Winterpark, Vail areas, Denver area Universities are going to be the best. CU Boulder, Metro State, University of Denver, Regis University are all in the area.

Ft Collins is a great University but it is faaaaar from the resorts. If you are into BC riding, Cameron Pass is about an hour out of Ft Collins and is definitely not crowded. The avalanche danger there is for real though, so you need to know what you are doing on that pass. Doing the Diamond in the Spring is one of the best, most memorable descents in Colorado. That is some good shit right there...
never done bc before. but im open to it. as long as it inovloves snow n board im in haha. im going crazy studying all these places ahaha.
DJ FroZone is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome