Should I buy a snowboard setup and pass for $200 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
seattlelite
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Should I buy a snowboard setup and pass for $200

So I was on the lift with a fellow snowboarder and we started chatting. He took the same lesson as I'm doing now, he goes on to say at the end of the lesson, you have the option to buy a snowboard setup and season pass for $200. I was shocked. I thought it was only the season pass for $200. Now I figured that it would be the 1st or 2nd week of february when I'm done with my lesson. Should I buy this package deal? Initially, I was going to pass as the season would be coming to a close. If the snowboard package is included, it sounds pretty good. What do you think?

BTW, the snowboard package is used. I assume they are the rental gear ones.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlelite View Post
So I was on the lift with a fellow snowboarder and we started chatting. He took the same lesson as I'm doing now, he goes on to say at the end of the lesson, you have the option to buy a snowboard setup and season pass for $200. I was shocked. I thought it was only the season pass for $200. Now I figured that it would be the 1st or 2nd week of february when I'm done with my lesson. Should I buy this package deal? Initially, I was going to pass as the season would be coming to a close. If the snowboard package is included, it sounds pretty good. What do you think?

BTW, the snowboard package is used. I assume they are the rental gear ones.
If they are rental gear, depending on the brand, I would say no. If your resort rents out quality boards then go for it. As for boots, I say hell no, no matter what. Used boots will ruin your time. But hey, if you were going to get the season pass for $200 anyway, you might as well.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,430
Default

It depends on where you live. In some places, the 2nd week in february is about 4-5 weeks from the end of the season which means that even if you go every weekend, you'd only end up buying 4 lift passes or so.

As for the boots, board & binding.... used set ups go for $200 all day long on craigslist. I would have to take a serious look at the condition & model of the board and bindings.

Its not that its a bad deal.... its just that if you are going to spend $200+ on gear anyway then you might as well do some research and spend it on something you choose (and will presumably be happier with).

If you are just itching to ride out the rest of the season then go for it. If you only play to ride1 or 2 times after your lesson then you might want to think about it a little more

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlelite View Post
So I was on the lift with a fellow snowboarder and we started chatting. He took the same lesson as I'm doing now, he goes on to say at the end of the lesson, you have the option to buy a snowboard setup and season pass for $200. I was shocked. I thought it was only the season pass for $200. Now I figured that it would be the 1st or 2nd week of february when I'm done with my lesson. Should I buy this package deal? Initially, I was going to pass as the season would be coming to a close. If the snowboard package is included, it sounds pretty good. What do you think?

BTW, the snowboard package is used. I assume they are the rental gear ones.
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
seattlelite
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
If they are rental gear, depending on the brand, I would say no. If your resort rents out quality boards then go for it. As for boots, I say hell no, no matter what. Used boots will ruin your time. But hey, if you were going to get the season pass for $200 anyway, you might as well.
They are Burton stuff. I wasn't planning on buying the pass as the season was ending. Dunno how long the season usually last in a single season. I was thinking the same about the boots.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlelite View Post
They are Burton stuff. I wasn't planning on buying the pass as the season was ending. Dunno how long the season usually last in a single season. I was thinking the same about the boots.
If you know which Burton boards they are that would be helpful. For example, I would say no to a Burton Clash, but yes to a Burton Custom. As for the season, it depends on your location. Some mountains stay open throughout April.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Slinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
If you know which Burton boards they are that would be helpful. For example, I would say no to a Burton Clash, but yes to a Burton Custom. As for the season, it depends on your location. Some mountains stay open throughout April.
what mountain have you ever gone to that rents out customs
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
what mountain have you ever gone to that rents out customs
It was just an example, not literal. But if you want to get that technical, take a trip to Aspen and then ask me this question.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Slinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
It was just an example, not literal. But if you want to get that technical, take a trip to Aspen and then ask me this question.
haha...i forget how low rent the northeast mountains actually are...I wasnt being technical...well wasnt trying to be atleast...i dont think...but maybe...am i being to technical?
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
haha...i forget how low rent the northeast mountains actually are...I wasnt being technical...well wasnt trying to be atleast...i dont think...but maybe...am i being to technical?
LoL. A little technical. I was just choosing two examples of Burton boards. One entry level and one higher end. Was just for example's sake.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
PeterG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlelite View Post
So I was on the lift with a fellow snowboarder and we started chatting. He took the same lesson as I'm doing now, he goes on to say at the end of the lesson, you have the option to buy a snowboard setup and season pass for $200. I was shocked. I thought it was only the season pass for $200. Now I figured that it would be the 1st or 2nd week of february when I'm done with my lesson. Should I buy this package deal? Initially, I was going to pass as the season would be coming to a close. If the snowboard package is included, it sounds pretty good. What do you think?

BTW, the snowboard package is used. I assume they are the rental gear ones.
Am I reading this right? You can get a snowboard package plus a season pass for $200?
If thats right and you plan on going a couple times still I would definately do it. Even if the board isnt that great you can always just sell it and make most of that money back.
__________________
"It must suck to be a tomato instead of lettuce."

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
PeterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums