Swift.Silent.Deep. - a Jackson Hole documentary - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
swiftsilentdeep
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Swift.Silent.Deep. - a Jackson Hole documentary

If you don't know, here's the deal:

Ski Movie | Swift Silent Deep : A Ski Film about the Jackson Hole Air Force.


Swift.Silent.Deep the first true historical documentation of hardcore ski bum culture in North America. Swift.Silent.Deep is the story of a secretive, underground crew who call themselves the Jackson Hole Air Force, and the salad days of Benny Wilson, Howard Henderson, and their band of civil disobedients in the unknown realm of Out-of Bounds. The influence of the Jackson Hole Air Force has reached far beyond Jackson; JHAF members won the first three World Extreme Skiing Championships and are directly responsible for pioneering the big mountain skiing in the world’s most incredible playground –Alaska, which brought about the fat ski revolution, and changed the face of skiing forever. This exploration into the roots of the modern American ski bum features many familiar faces in the action sports world like Warren Miller, Scot Schmidt, and the late Doug Coombs.

Let me know what you think about the flick.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 25
Default

1. torrent link?
2. trailer doesnt work.
3. this is a snowboarding forum....
and1n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
swiftsilentdeep
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by and1n0 View Post
1. torrent link?
2. trailer doesnt work.
3. this is a snowboarding forum....
1. We are a small company, (tiny company) and hope you see the film. If you choose to view it by downloading it with out paying ... that actually hurts us. You can get it instantaneously on iTunes from a link on Ski Movie | Swift Silent Deep : A Ski Film about the Jackson Hole Air Force.
2. The trailer plays fine, try clicking on it.
3. We all slide down the same hill.
4. Hope you dig it!!! It's history, if it weren't for the Airforce you could not snowboard the classic powder lines at JHMR that we all love: Four Pines, Cody Peak, Granite Canyon, etc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Trailer actually isn't working for me either. I had to go to youtube and search for it there to watch it. The trailer when trying to view at your site just sits there with the little circle icon spinning and eventually says, "An error occurred, please try again later."
jon611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
swiftsilentdeep
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon611 View Post
Trailer actually isn't working for me either. I had to go to youtube and search for it there to watch it. The trailer when trying to view at your site just sits there with the little circle icon spinning and eventually says, "An error occurred, please try again later."
SH*T! Sorry, guys. The trailer plays fine on my computer. But will try to figure out what's up with it and fix it ASAP... I appreciate the fact that you went through the trouble of searching for it on youtube and saw the trailer.

Here is a link for anyone else who wants to watch it:

Swift.Silent.Deep. official ski movie trailer

And just to be clear, not trying to hate on people who download media for free. But please understand that if you do like the film, and choose to purchase it, you are making the choice to support independent film.

And again, I know this is a snowboarding forum, and this is a ski flick, but we're all part of the same shred family. (and I mean that with sincerity!)

Peace.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Suburban Blend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Western New York
Posts: 761
Blog Entries: 5
Exclamation It was better when it was illegal

I bought this flick and love it because I was there... and I know all those dudes. But I was shocked that the word snowboarding was not even mentioned once. This is a ski/resort history flick.

I just returned from a week in Jackson Hole and damn, the backcountry has moguls. It was better when it was illegal to ski beyond the boundaries. And that is what made the Jackson Hole Air Force so cool is that they were renegades who said, "Fuck it! I'm getting mine at any cost!"

Try and catch me, is a fun game to play. The movie does a great job relating this. It's a fun and completely unique film about the spirit of powder slaying. Yes, gravity is god, and how you choose to worship it is your own business. So check this bit of history out, it doesn't matter that it's all skiing. It'll get you pumped to shred, no doubt.
__________________
Suburban Blend
Suburban Blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
swiftsilentdeep
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Blend View Post
I bought this flick and love it because I was there... and I know all those dudes. But I was shocked that the word snowboarding was not even mentioned once. This is a ski/resort history flick.

I just returned from a week in Jackson Hole and damn, the backcountry has moguls. It was better when it was illegal to ski beyond the boundaries. And that is what made the Jackson Hole Air Force so cool is that they were renegades who said, "Fuck it! I'm getting mine at any cost!"

Try and catch me, is a fun game to play. The movie does a great job relating this. It's a fun and completely unique film about the spirit of powder slaying. Yes, gravity is god, and how you choose to worship it is your own business. So check this bit of history out, it doesn't matter that it's all skiing. It'll get you pumped to shred, no doubt.

Suburban Blend, that reminds me of one of Blue Bird Wax's slogans, "Snowboarding: It was better when you hated us."

Yeah, you know, a little birdy once told me that backcountry ski equipment is the fastest growing section of the sport - both for snowboarding (splitboards / avalungs / beacons/ shovels, etc) and skiing. As the technology gets better, everyone is doing it more often - esp. if the gates are open at the resort.

But, in that same vein, as the technology gets better, and people do it more, they will get more fit and spread out through the mountains as they will be able to go further. Once you realize you can ski any mountain on your own accord, you start to care less and less about riding chair lifts and more about finding your own personal powder stash, with, perhaps, your own name for it.

Just look at Jeremy Jones and all those 'Deeper" web clips. not to mention his movie "My own two feet"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
swiftsilentdeep
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

And thanks for purchasing the flick!
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums