Goofy or Regular: Dominant Eye Test - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Goofy or Regular: Dominant Eye Test
Regular, Left Eye Dominant 11 20.00%
Regular, Right Eye Dominant 19 34.55%
Goofy, Left Eye Dominant 9 16.36%
Goofy, Right Eye Dominant 14 25.45%
This damn eye test doesn’t work, WTF are you smoking? 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 674
Default Goofy or Regular: Dominant Eye Test

This is a survey to see if there is any correlation of dominant eye to snowboard stance.

To check what your dominant eye is, make a circle with your fingers.
Look through that finger hole at an object with both eyes open.
Close your right eye.
If the object is still in the finger hole, you are left eye dominant.
Try to close the left eye instead.
If the object is still in the finger hole, you are right eye dominant.

EDIT: If you get inconsistent results with either hand, try using both hands to make a hole. Or just a finger.

Last edited by rasmasyean; 02-23-2010 at 08:05 PM.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 215
Default

Are you dumb? Which hand you use changes the outcome of this test.

Your eyes do not have the ability to focus on objects at two separate distances. your either looking at your finger hole and there is double vision of the object or vice versa. I never got a consistent outcome.

Luckily if you wanna take the time, here is a test to print out.
http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/library...t-Eye-Test.pdf

Here is a test that is easier. This one eliminates the right/left hand variable.
http://www.archeryweb.com/archery/eyedom.htm

Last edited by SchultzLS2; 02-23-2010 at 12:18 AM.
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzLS2 View Post
Are you dumb? Which hand you use changes the outcome of this test.

Your eyes do not have the ability to focus on objects at two separate distances. your either looking at your finger hole and there is double vision of the object or vice versa. I never got a consistent outcome.

Are you dumb? Look THROUGH the hole you're making with your fingers (while both eyes are open) at an object. Close the left eye. If you see it through your fingers, you're right eye dominant. It's really not that hard.



Anyway, I'm goofy and I'm right eye dominant.
JWages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWages View Post
Are you dumb? Look THROUGH the hole you're making with your fingers (while both eyes are open) at an object. Close the left eye. If you see it through your fingers, you're right eye dominant. It's really not that hard.



Anyway, I'm goofy and I'm right eye dominant.
If you just use your right or left hand it changed the outcome of the test. You have to use the both hand method or the paper method thing I posted.
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzLS2 View Post
If you just use your right or left hand it changed the outcome of the test. You have to use the both hand method or the paper method thing I posted.
How does it change the outcome? Either hand I use I can only see the object through the hole with my right eye.
JWages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWages View Post
How does it change the outcome? Either hand I use I can only see the object through the hole with my right eye.
If I use my right hand, the income is "left eye dominant," if I use my left hand, I am "right eye dominant."

When I use both hands, I am right eye dominant.
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzLS2 View Post
If I use my right hand, the income is "left eye dominant," if I use my left hand, I am "right eye dominant."

When I use both hands, I am right eye dominant.
You are right. But for me that only changes if I look through my fingers to the side of my body. If I look thorugh it in front with any hand. I'm left-eye dominant.

Last edited by rasmasyean; 02-23-2010 at 01:08 AM.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Default

Regular, Right Eye dominant
__________________
'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Stay Strapped
 
InfiniteEclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,121
Default

Goofy, Right eye
InfiniteEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 155
Default

All this seems to prove is that most people are right-eye dominent!

What about right-handed vs left-handed and stance.

I'm left-eye dominent, right-handed and goofy-footed. Does that make me a freak!?!?
Veccster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums