Did I make the right call?
Heading out to Breck tomorrow am (assuming my flight gets out of Newark!)
Initially I was going to bring both my Evo-R 158 and Nitro Shogun 163 but because of the pain in lugging it out there, Continentals absurd baggage fees, and the fact Breck actually has fresh snow with more to come I decided to just rent out there.
I called up to assure I could get a specific board and was able to reserve a 164 Never Summer SL-R. I am 190 or so with gear on, love my Evo and want something to handle the steeper terrain at Breck while being ready to tackle some pow if we get it. My other choices were a Lando Phoenix, Turbo Dream and Joystick all in the 161 to 164 range.
Was that a good call? I am hesitant to jump on a board I might not be familiar with so coming from Evo to SL-R should be smooth.