Stupidest snowboard stereotype? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just because skiers have 2 edges means nothing, on skis you could do a skidded turn same on a snowboard, on skis you could lay down a pencil line carve, again same as a board, because we have both feet attached to the same "board" we can actually manipulate our edge more than a skier could theirs. the nuances of snowboarding groomed runs are not any less than that of skiing
The_Guchi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Guchi View Post
just because skiers have 2 edges means nothing, on skis you could do a skidded turn same on a snowboard, on skis you could lay down a pencil line carve, again same as a board, because we have both feet attached to the same "board" we can actually manipulate our edge more than a skier could theirs. the nuances of snowboarding groomed runs are not any less than that of skiing
Now this is wrong without a doubt. Skiers have far more edge control than snowboarders. The only way for a snowboarder to come close is to rock an alpine stance like Terje. Skiers having more edges makes a world of difference. It is one of the reasons why skiers are faster than snowboarders.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
alloutEVO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
all i know is that skiers rarely pass me.... but then again there big into using the entire hill to carve....
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloutEVO View Post
all i know is that skiers rarely pass me.... but then again there big into using the entire hill to carve....
Both skiing and snowboarding have what we call "noobs". Ski noobs make wide ass turns and snowboard noobs plow all the good snow down the mountain.

If you want to see a fast skier, go race some NASTAR racers. Make sure you wear those tight onesies too


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
dharmashred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lee Vining
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I asked what reason does he have to search it and simply said no when he didn't come up with a valid answer. They need what you call "reasonable suspicion". Saying snowboarders that drive VWs are drug dealers is not very reasonable.
Same goes for exiting the vehicle. If they ask you to exit, first of all, that never ends well, and second, they need probable cause. Don't just hop your ass out without asking why. So I've heard....

Every turn is a blessing.
dharmashred is offline  
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How to Flex Your Rights During Police Encounters
Know Your Rights: Dealing with Cops Reflexivity

I skimmed through some of the above stuff and it's all true.

I grew up in Vegas and wasn't your ideal citizen during my younger years. I quickly got accustomed to Vegas' police less-than-ideal tactics.

I've stretched my rights pretty far with my share of cops. Once, my friend and I were being "detained" for a reason that is too long to explain. Fast forward to the point, the cop didn't believe what I was saying (we were innocent). I told him that I am leaving whether or not he believes me. He got mad and told me to sit in the cop car or else he would arrest me. I said "if you had any type of evidence or reasonable doubt, you would already have cuffed me. Seeing as how I'm not cuffed and you don't have any evidence, I am leaving now." I walked away. All the cop could do was look mad.

Really, being scared in front of cops will get you in trouble. Know your rights. A cop searching you or your car for a traffic stop is bullshit. Call them out on it. Trust me, they'll write you a ticket and let you go. Unless of course they really did see that joint in your center console


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Senior Member
 
avenged1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: canada
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The one down side to being a stoner. Cops find out that you blaze, and they use that as probable cause too search.

As for a stereotype, so many people say that all boarders do drugs n shit like that.
avenged1985 is offline  
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Veteran Member
 
fredericp64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: An igloo in Canada
Posts: 533
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellrides88 View Post
No ACL worries
But HELLOOOOO snowboarder's ankle loll
fredericp64 is offline  
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Now this is wrong without a doubt. Skiers have far more edge control than snowboarders. The only way for a snowboarder to come close is to rock an alpine stance like Terje. Skiers having more edges makes a world of difference. It is one of the reasons why skiers are faster than snowboarders.
you are really trying to compare apples and oranges. the fact is that skiing is easier to get started. thats it!

everything else you mention about mastering more variation of techniques are all relative to the individuals. you can choose when to stop learning. you say that skiing has more technique to master. but that only limits to what you know about. there are no limit to techniques in any sports!!!

your idea is like saying (infinity + 1) > (infinity)

Last edited by yusoweird; 03-02-2010 at 11:43 PM.
yusoweird is offline  
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Guchi View Post
just because skiers have 2 edges means nothing, on skis you could do a skidded turn same on a snowboard, on skis you could lay down a pencil line carve, again same as a board, because we have both feet attached to the same "board" we can actually manipulate our edge more than a skier could theirs. the nuances of snowboarding groomed runs are not any less than that of skiing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Now this is wrong without a doubt. Skiers have far more edge control than snowboarders. The only way for a snowboarder to come close is to rock an alpine stance like Terje. Skiers having more edges makes a world of difference. It is one of the reasons why skiers are faster than snowboarders.
actually your wrong. i never said anything about "edge control" i said there are just as many different techniques for snowboarding as there are for skiing and just because there is only one edge to deal with does not make it "easier to get good at".
The_Guchi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome