Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
-   -   Lets Take A Bite Out Of GRIME! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/26951-lets-take-bite-out-grime.html)

MnBoarder763 03-16-2010 11:02 AM

Lets Take A Bite Out Of GRIME!
 
Had the worst day ever at a local resort. The snow was all slush and the bottom of my board looks literally destroyed with dirt and grime, sludge, poop, pee, crack coccaine, etc, you name it I got it.

I took the later half of the day at home to clean it with Swix base cleaner, and although most of it came off, you can tell theres a still alot left (My board bottom is white) ... I tried scrubbing again and even got out the toothbrush on some areas of the tail... but no luck..

I just waxed over the top of it with CH10 and its business as usual.

Do you guys know if its still good to ride or should I try to get all the dirt/grime off? If so, what other methods can I use?

I ride a 149 GNU BTX Street Series.

Thanks in advance.

burritosandsnow 03-16-2010 11:11 AM

best method I can think of is to leave Minn :laugh:

bakesale 03-16-2010 11:13 AM

is the base nice and even or does it have little bumps all over it from dirt? It might just be that the dirt discolored the base.

MnBoarder763 03-16-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burritosandsnow (Post 274889)
best method I can think of is to leave Minn :laugh:



PAH!
I've been thinking of relocating to Colorado or Oregon.

MnBoarder763 03-16-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakesale (Post 274890)
is the base nice and even or does it have little bumps all over it from dirt? It might just be that the dirt discolored the base.



No bumps at all.. I've removed as much grime as possible.. and its just very discolored.. I assume its ok to ride after I rewaxed it?

bakesale 03-16-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MnBoarder763 (Post 274898)
No bumps at all.. I've removed as much grime as possible.. and its just very discolored.. I assume its ok to ride after I rewaxed it?

Yeah it should be fine. Like I said, the base just got discolored. Just cosmetic damage. Bases won't look pretty forever, especially if it's a white base.

MnBoarder763 03-16-2010 12:57 PM

Cool cool... I just thought that if its discolored, then theres some dirt and grime deep in the base...

Im going to hotwax it and pull the wax right away.. I noticed the wax was getting dirtywhen it melted with my iron.. so that should help.

Tarzanman 03-16-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MnBoarder763 (Post 274945)
Cool cool... I just thought that if its discolored, then theres some dirt and grime deep in the base...

Im going to hotwax it and pull the wax right away.. I noticed the wax was getting dirtywhen it melted with my iron.. so that should help.

There is dirt and stuff embedded in the base of the board... but you'll never clean it all... you'd have to heat it up and then try cleaning it out with scouring pads and other abrasive cleaners... even then I have my doubts as to whether the base would ever be the same.

The problem is that you rode over that stuff... meaning that it was jammed into the base of the board.

MnBoarder763 03-16-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarzanman (Post 275065)
There is dirt and stuff embedded in the base of the board... but you'll never clean it all... you'd have to heat it up and then try cleaning it out with scouring pads and other abrasive cleaners... even then I have my doubts as to whether the base would ever be the same.

The problem is that you rode over that stuff... meaning that it was jammed into the base of the board.

I heated the board up with my iron and also heated some leftover wax on the base and pulled the wax off with a towel before it cooled... Took out alot of dirt... So it worked.. Still kinda dirty but not as filthy as before...

john doe 03-16-2010 07:47 PM

Hot wax scraping is the best way to get dirt out. You basicly have to get heat in to melt all the wax and have enough new wax to delute the dirty wax and bring the dirt up. I bought my board from Cali on ebay and it was horribly dirty when I got it. The first round of hot scraping came out black.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2