A-Basin on 4/2/2010 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MadBomber53045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 146
Default A-Basin on 4/2/2010

Hey guys, I have a bit of an interesting question for everyone. I'm wondering if anyone happened to be in the Montezuma Bowl at A-Basin on 4/2 around 10:30-11AM. The reason I'm asking is because I remember carving a few times near the icy top then waking up in the capable hands of ski patrol. Apparently I was found sliding head first on my back having a seizure from severe head trauma. The problem is my mind got completely blanked from the impact and as far as I know nobody saw what happened. I'm fine with concussions and whiplash and all that fun stuff from a life of boxing, I just hate missing details of what was probably an epic crash.

If anyone saw it or heard anything about it from friends please comment and let me know, this is killing me!
__________________
I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all. (Event Horizon)
MadBomber53045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 561
Default

Wow man you must have hit really hard.

I hope someone saw what happened. I know if it were me I would be doing everything I could to figure it out as well.

Bump!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBomber53045 View Post
Hey guys, I have a bit of an interesting question for everyone. I'm wondering if anyone happened to be in the Montezuma Bowl at A-Basin on 4/2 around 10:30-11AM. The reason I'm asking is because I remember carving a few times near the icy top then waking up in the capable hands of ski patrol. Apparently I was found sliding head first on my back having a seizure from severe head trauma. The problem is my mind got completely blanked from the impact and as far as I know nobody saw what happened. I'm fine with concussions and whiplash and all that fun stuff from a life of boxing, I just hate missing details of what was probably an epic crash.

If anyone saw it or heard anything about it from friends please comment and let me know, this is killing me!
__________________
There is no substitution for human competition.
RVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Default

Uhm...

Seizure >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Concussion.

You definitely need some medical tests done if you were seizing...
__________________
'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MadBomber53045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Uhm...

Seizure >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Concussion.

You definitely need some medical tests done if you were seizing...

o i know, been there done that. I got an ALS transport to the local trauma center, dunno the name. My head checked out OK and I got released later that day. Half the reason I wanna know what happened is it was the first time I ever got knocked clean out like that and it was my first seizure. I'm sure the impact was massive because I have a head like a rock. I'll be lucky if I ever remember what happened though unfortunately.

The ski patroller, a cool guy named Leif if I remember correctly, said he got to me post ichtal for a bit and once I came around everyone was surprised how quick I got my wits about me. Nothing broke and there was no internal bleeding or anything severe, just a wicked concussion and very bad whiplash. The helmet got split from the impact, but thank god I was wearing one as I used to never even consider them. This is concussion number 4 for me, I just wish I could remember it.
__________________
I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all. (Event Horizon)
MadBomber53045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 561
Default

Dude it's very likely that your helmet helped to save your noggin. It probably didn't do much to reduce the concussion or whiplash, but I bet it kept your skull from splitting open on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBomber53045 View Post
o i know, been there done that. I got an ALS transport to the local trauma center, dunno the name. My head checked out OK and I got released later that day. Half the reason I wanna know what happened is it was the first time I ever got knocked clean out like that and it was my first seizure. I'm sure the impact was massive because I have a head like a rock. I'll be lucky if I ever remember what happened though unfortunately.

The ski patroller, a cool guy named Leif if I remember correctly, said he got to me post ichtal for a bit and once I came around everyone was surprised how quick I got my wits about me. Nothing broke and there was no internal bleeding or anything severe, just a wicked concussion and very bad whiplash. The helmet got split from the impact, but thank god I was wearing one as I used to never even consider them. This is concussion number 4 for me, I just wish I could remember it.
__________________
There is no substitution for human competition.
RVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MadBomber53045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVM View Post
Dude it's very likely that your helmet helped to save your noggin. It probably didn't do much to reduce the concussion or whiplash, but I bet it kept your skull from splitting open on the ice.
yea im 100% positive the helmets the reason im not a vegetable right now. lesson learned kids: WEAR A DAMN HELMET. no excuses.
__________________
I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all. (Event Horizon)
MadBomber53045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MadBomber53045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 146
Default

bump 10char
__________________
I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all. (Event Horizon)
MadBomber53045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 10,868
Default

Damn, nice head slam. I was definitely not at A-Basin that day. Glad you are alright. One hell of an impact.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,431
Default

Lesson learned and its your 4th concussion? Man, you REALLY need to slow down. You're doing irreversible damage to your brain.
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 10,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Lesson learned and its your 4th concussion? Man, you REALLY need to slow down. You're doing irreversible damage to your brain.
Well he is the MadBomber...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums