snowboard DVD recommendations, esp. all girl ones - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
crsv619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
snowboard DVD recommendations, esp. all girl ones

now that my season is coming to a close, i'm on the hunt for some snowboard DVDs to watch over the summer. i'm particularly interested in the pro girl snowboarders. let me know if you have any suggestions! thanks.
crsv619 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Well you could download Stance but that movie fucking sucks. Peep show is free and those girls kill it The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Peep Show
Other than that I recommend Videograss, any of the think thank movies, if you want some classics Whiskey 1 through 3, Mack Dawns stand and deliver, simple pleasures, and decade, and if you like cinematography That's it That's all.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
crsv619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Well you could download Stance but that movie fucking sucks. Peep show is free and those girls kill it The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Peep Show
Other than that I recommend Videograss, any of the think thank movies, if you want some classics Whiskey 1 through 3, Mack Dawns stand and deliver, simple pleasures, and decade, and if you like cinematography That's it That's all.
hey thanks for the suggestions.
the girls in peep show part II can rip!! just the inspiration i was looking for.
crsv619 is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Technine Icon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know any good videos with girl snowboarders, but there is a page dedictated to girl snowboarders on Transworld.com. They usually update it with a new video every day. They have some cool stuff on there check it out. Girls & Women Snowboarding | Transworld Snowboarding
Technine Icon is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsv619 View Post
hey thanks for the suggestions.
the girls in peep show part II can rip!! just the inspiration i was looking for.
If you think they rip in part two wait till you see their new movie for this year. I saw the teaser for it in January and fuck they stepped up big time and when I was in Cali they were sending it so hard. I love what June and Esthera are doing with Peepshow.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
crsv619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
If you think they rip in part two wait till you see their new movie for this year. I saw the teaser for it in January and fuck they stepped up big time and when I was in Cali they were sending it so hard. I love what June and Esthera are doing with Peepshow.
where'd you see the teaser?

and you're right. stance was wack.
crsv619 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I saw it at the SIA tradeshow when I was talking with June and Esthera. They should be putting the new teaser up soon I would assume. I'm working on an interview with them right now.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Junior Member
 
Johan_Olofsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: french alps
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Technical difficulties

/thread
Johan_Olofsson is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
 
tooscoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: behind that tree, ontario
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
the only all girl movies i watch that aren't lackluster have nothing to do with snowboarding...

why do you have to watch girls to get hyped? watch whoever does the biggest and baddest and then emulate them... keep watching just girls and your goal will be to be a good "female" rider... why not just be kick ass and be an awsome snowboarder instead?

yeah... i realize i'm being a total douche here... but i don't understand... just because i know i'm not going to hit what jj does, or kill it like t-rice doesn't mean i want to watch a semi-pro do a straight air and dream of doing that...

i guess i'm just a douche.

sarcasm... yeah... like THAT will ever catch on...
tooscoops is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
crsv619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooscoops View Post
the only all girl movies i watch that aren't lackluster have nothing to do with snowboarding...

why do you have to watch girls to get hyped? watch whoever does the biggest and baddest and then emulate them... keep watching just girls and your goal will be to be a good "female" rider... why not just be kick ass and be an awsome snowboarder instead?

yeah... i realize i'm being a total douche here... but i don't understand... just because i know i'm not going to hit what jj does, or kill it like t-rice doesn't mean i want to watch a semi-pro do a straight air and dream of doing that...

i guess i'm just a douche.
don't worry tooscoops, you're not a douche
i totally get your point. i hate it when people say to me "you're a good ______, for a girl." it's like, why can't i just be good period.

i'll watch anyone, guy or girl, rip and get inspired.
but in my opinion guys get a lot of the coverage, so i wanted to "do my research" and see where women's snowboarding is at. what i've found is that there's lots of girls out there pushing the sport up to the caliber of men. and that to me is really inspiring too.
crsv619 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome