Hey non United Staters read this please - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Milo303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey non United Staters read this please

Update your profiles to say where you're from....

If you don't put your from "NZ" or wherever, then it's assumed by pretty much everyone else from the states, that you are also from the states.

When you're asking for gear suggestions you may be suggested something that is not available in your country.

So to save a little bit of confusion, a completed profile would be fantastic!

I don't mind making suggestions to posters who have a well thought out post, but it sucks to make a suggestion only to be told the gear isn't available in your country.

Best of luck on your snow ( =

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. Thatís my religion." - Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Milo303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or maybe I'm just an asshole and should ask every single person in the flood of "foreigners" about to ask for gear suggestions....

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. Thatís my religion." - Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well you just made yourself look like a douche.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Milo303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Well you just made yourself look like a douche.
Apparently you havn't been around enough lately to see the discussions, dick. One right after another of people from random parts of the world looking for advice and they have who knows what equipment available to them in the first place.

And like I said, maybe I'm a dick, but douche is far from what I've made myself sound like

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. Thatís my religion." - Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hahaha, I think it's a legitimate thing to discuss. (Although I'm from the United States so I'm obviously incredibly intolerant and racist )

To be honest, whenever I read a post I usually do assume that the person is from the United States (unless they use kg for body weight) just because so many of the questions come from US users (and a lot of the big companies are from the US as well). This is especially helpful when things like costs are being put into play (because prices overseas are usually quite different from the US).

Last edited by Snowfox; 06-21-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Snowfox is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 248
Quote:
And like I said, maybe I'm a dick, but douche is far from what I've made myself sound like
My problem with you isn't with your dickness or doucheness. It's with your account picture . Every time I go to post a reply, I look at that damned picture and I uh forget.. fingers.. IQ falling... uh....
Donutz is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
Apparently you havn't been around enough lately to see the discussions, dick. One right after another of people from random parts of the world looking for advice and they have who knows what equipment available to them in the first place.

And like I said, maybe I'm a dick, but douche is far from what I've made myself sound like
No you just look like a douche. It's not that hard to realize the internet spans the globe and there's people from all over. Plus northern hemisphere's winter = southern hemispheres summer and vice versa. Not that hard of a concept, plus why are you getting so bent over it? Seriously dude just give out your same three answers you always go to Yes, Never Summer, and Bataleon and you're golden.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Power Bottom
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: out of bounds in the trees
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
No you just look like a douche. It's not that hard to realize the internet spans the globe and there's people from all over. Plus northern hemisphere's winter = southern hemispheres summer and vice versa. Not that hard of a concept, plus why are you getting so bent over it? Seriously dude just give out your same three answers you always go to Yes, Never Summer, and Bataleon and you're golden.
PaulyMolitor is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Veteran Member
 
Deviant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah I was wondering when this became an American forum myself. I suppose someone could set up the forums for when you sign up you have to list location before posting, but I don't think it's a big deal. If you're here to help with gear choice, then you might as well help them in the next step when a certain product isn't available.

Maybe I'm missing a more specific part of the problem, and this is an honest question...do you and/or others know specifically what gear is or isn't carried in their country or town to begin with?
Deviant is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonX8 View Post
Yeah I was wondering when this became an American forum myself. I suppose someone could set up the forums for when you sign up you have to list location before posting, but I don't think it's a big deal. If you're here to help with gear choice, then you might as well help them in the next step when a certain product isn't available.

Maybe I'm missing a more specific part of the problem, and this is an honest question...do you and/or others know specifically what gear is or isn't carried in their country or town to begin with?
There's certain brands that seem to be more popular/more available in Europe than in America (if I recall correctly, Rossi, Atomic, and Nitro are easier to find in Europe?). Plus, different changing climates and the usual snow falls etc. etc. could lead to different concerns (if I recall correctly, Australia doesn't get as much pow as Japan). I could be talking out of my ass on those points though, so feel free to point it out if I'm wrong.

One of the bigger things is if the budget gets brought up. I'll be honest when someone mentions price is a concern I immediately start thinking about what it costs in America to buy boards, not overseas. I've seen a lot of posts where someone has to continually mention that X board, while cheap in America, is not cheap in *insert country here*.

In short though, naw, it's not really a big deal. Might make things a little more efficient, but if you don't want to you don't have to.
Snowfox is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome